Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-21-2011, 10:03 AM

Default Long Lake (Boyle)

Thinking of heading out to Long tomorrow, any report on Snow/Flood ice lately, I am sure we will be walking on, but may need to bring the snowshoes, or did they get as much snow there as we did in Edmonton? Any input will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Old 01-21-2011, 05:48 PM

I was out at long today and the snow isn't too bad. Didn't seem to be much flood water. But a big 1 ton drove on and got stuck. And his tracks had water in them so there is some. He said he had worn tires too. I'd say as long as a guy has a shovel and some helping hands around you could do it in a half ton or 3/4 ton maybe.

As for the fishing it was slow. Had a few flags in the 3 hrs I was out and missed all of them. I was at the very last boat launch that is left open on the south end of the provincial park. Might head out tommorow again
Old 01-22-2011, 07:58 PM

Made it out to Long today, arrived 08:00, moved over to let impatient truck on our tail onto ice first at narrows, he flew by us without even considering ice/snow condition. He plowed his way through 18 inches of snow and water across the lake breaking trail all the way till he went around point out of site, good for him. We walked on, fished till 03:00, used to limit of 10-14 inch perch by now, Zero?? Never have seen it so slow
Anyway nice day, lots of sun etc. Approx two O'clock we notice the hero who busted onto the lake ahead of us stuck coming back abour half a mile from us, we left about 3:30 and he was still stuck, I kind of felt sorry, but not really. I am not sure how he is going to get off, we were in no position to help, and we were the only ones left out there except for some people on skidoos. His only option at this point is get hold of some chains, or air lift
It is now 8 pm and my money would be that he is still out there.
Have to question the actions of some people!!
Old 01-22-2011, 10:03 PM

Ya I was out there today too. Slow on the south end of provincial park. Tommorow Im giving it another try but I'll have a sled tommorow so that'll make it easier. Ya I won't help idiots like that. Some people just have no umm common sense