Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-24-2011, 09:45 PM

Default delete

Out for several hours, tried bottom bouncing then anchored and cast jigs. We caught our three keepers but not much more. The worst is that there was a boat not 75 yards from us just hauling them in. Lost my touch I guess.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidderman View Post
Out for several hours, tried bottom bouncing then anchored and cast jigs. We caught our three keepers but not much more. The worst is that there was a boat not 75 yards from us just hauling them in. Lost my touch I guess.
Skidder, where were you fishing and how deep? I posted a couple of spots on here last week that are ALWAYS good. It sounds like the boat 75 yds from you was in one of them.
Old 07-25-2011, 01:50 PM

Through the bridge and to the right by the island. If you know where there the boats pull up on shore I was up a couple 100 yards from there. Never tried anywhere else but as I came through the bridge boats were anchored on the left and they pulled one up as I came through. On the way back there were also 3 boats fishing by the rock Island bt no idea how they were doing. I guess I should have moved more but when a boat is catching then beside you I don't think it's the fish. Having said that I know there are a few spots that might have been better.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:01 PM

Wink

Not sure if you are talking about my boat.Black and Pebble Crestliner. Spent forn 0800hr until 1430hrs and only caught 4 Walleyes and a small Jack. But hey bet then nothing..I was at the Rock Island with my daughter great day out.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:33 PM

It was after 6 pm so I would not have seen you. Sounds like that spot wasn't a lot better. One day I'll go out there with the intention of moving lots and see what happens. There is another spot past the rock island and to the left where it goes from about 30 to 15 or so feet in a hurry. Saw a fellow fishing there a few years ago and he was doing well. I would think off of the drop off would be a good spot. Also want to try rapalas sometime but it will have to be later. Rain coming again. Rats!!!!!