Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-07-2013, 08:34 PM

Default tinny boat questions

i have about a 12 ish 13 foot tinny car topper boat and when i use it i always get sunburned even with sunblock. my questions is it possible/safe to put some sort of canopy or a Bimini top on it? if it gets windy would it turn the boat into a kite or a submarine? i was thinking about this when i was at traver's a few years back and saw a zodiac inflatable docked at the boat launch and it had a folding canopy on it and thought it was pretty cool. it would be nice to have a bit of shade on the boat. are there kits you can buy or do they need to be custom made?
Old 08-07-2013, 10:05 PM

I cant see a bimini top being a problem on that size of boat, but I would definitely not test it to see how much wind it could take either.

I imagine someone makes them, personally I would probably look into the pelican peddle boat company and find the size specs that they put on the little peddle boats...might be pretty close to the size you need. Or if you know an electrician that can bend some conduet and make the frame work and fabric place can sew the material...

Another option is a cheap light weight patio table umbrella...and add some red neck style to that boat...
Old 08-07-2013, 10:06 PM

John Deere Tractor umbrella.

Thomas Sowell
Old 08-07-2013, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
John Deere Tractor umbrella.
yup, an umbrella or patio umbrella would red neck it up ... you can finish off the day by using a shopping cart as a grill over your fire to cook yur catch lol
Old 08-08-2013, 01:27 AM
Banned

x2 on the small patio umbrella if it's not too windy. cheap and does the trick. also nice during a light rain.
rednick? who cares if it works.