Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-08-2013, 09:49 AM

Default Wholesale Sports/Cabela's/Fishing Hole website

Don't you guys hate it whenever you go to Cabelas.ca or whatever online fishing store and you see a nice rod that you want but then when you go to the actual store you can't find it.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisGuyCatchesFish15 View Post
Don't you guys hate it whenever you go to Cabelas.ca or whatever online fishing store and you see a nice rod that you want but then when you go to the actual store you can't find it.
Did you try asking a sales associate for help locating the item? I do it every time and it makes my trip more efficient....
Old 08-08-2013, 12:55 PM

Love the websites where you select a particular store(s) location and it will tell you if the item is in stock at that location. CaadianTire website has that feature.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisGuyCatchesFish15 View Post
Or you could just call in advance...?
Old 08-08-2013, 12:58 PM

I do ask though.
Old 08-08-2013, 01:07 PM

Default Baffels me

I find it baffeling that the big retailers dont have decent Point of Sale software. I run a small business and i have an amazing Point of Sale system that tells me everything about my inventory and were it is and what it costs. I worked for a small chain that had it before i went out on my own. I could see what inventory was were in the company and even initiate stock transfers. It only costs me $150 a month to have it and the software package includes offsite data storage. It also keeps track of customer information (invoices products bought history and notes ext) I actually spoke with the manager of WHolsale sports about using it but they haven't done anything about it.

Frankly i find it frustrating going into a retailer and them not having a copy of my invoice, its so simple with good software to be able to just pull up your customers by there name and be able to print off a reciept for them. Its not exactly rocket science, and its not expensive either.

If anyone is interested the software is called Retail IQ
(i dont own shares in the company)

Last edited by markg; 08-08-2013 at 01:08 PM. Reason: More info
Old 08-08-2013, 08:32 PM

Default POS Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg View Post
I actually spoke with the manager of WHolsale sports about using it but they haven't done anything about it.

If anyone is interested the software is called Retail IQ
(i dont own shares in the company)
Wholesale is owned by UFA, which just closed it's outdoor section to save money. The UFA coop looks to b in some trouble and it may only b a matter of time b4 Wholesale or Sportsmans in the states goes on the block or scale down or worse. Anyways...u will never see UFA buy this kind of software...ever.