Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-20-2009, 11:13 PM

i'm sure ya just opened a can of "whiney-ass" on that one RHF, cause the ones that back up the people who ignore rules are usually ones that do the same stuff
Old 08-20-2009, 11:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by baitfisher83 View Post
i'm sure ya just opened a can of "whiney-ass" on that one RHF, cause the ones that back up the people who ignore rules are usually ones that do the same stuff
ROLF Cambells cream of whinney-ass just add jerks!!
Old 08-20-2009, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowtail View Post
You would mention it to the police because that can help them identify the offenders. In that case, you also need other traits such as height, clothing, special features. Just telling the cop an asian or red headed guy was poaching is pretty pointless.

However we are not the CO and we can't do anything based on a vague description. THat is why I suggested it might be best to leave it out.

Anyways this thing is getting off track. I was making a simple comment and wasn't expecting it to be the focus of the tread.
I need to stop posting and just agree with you.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:16 PM

Quote:
I am a bit confused. Who here is backing anyone that breaks the rules.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:17 PM

Quote:
I am a bit confused. Who here is backing anyone that breaks the rules.
agreed
Old 08-20-2009, 11:19 PM

everyone who whines about mentioning the ethnicity....seriously, how else would people find out who these jerks are?????
Old 08-20-2009, 11:24 PM

Quote:
everyone who whines about mentioning the ethnicity....seriously, how else would people find out who these jerks are?????
Wow! You won me over with that one. I'm gonna call fish and wild life next time i see an Asian on the lake even if its on my boat. To be safe ill call in if i see me any "colored's".

Seriously if i said i saw four white guys poaching do you think that would really help to positively id the poachers?
Old 08-20-2009, 11:25 PM

umm yes it would......if you called them anything but white how would they find them????
Old 08-20-2009, 11:26 PM

Quote:
I already explained in my original posting: The best way to stop poaching is to call it in. They have to be caught in the act!

Lets just let this race discussion die. I was making a simple comment and didn't expect I was opening this can of worm. Funny that you should focus on that and not on the main point of my post which you obviously missed.

Last edited by Yellowtail; 08-20-2009 at 11:37 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey1099 View Post
Wow! You won me over with that one. I'm gonna call fish and wild life next time i see an Asian on the lake even if its on my boat. To be safe ill call in if i see me any "colored's".

Seriously if i said i saw four white guys poaching do you think that would really help to positively id the poachers?
if you want to play tit for tat, start a new thread.. this started out as a PCR POACHING tread.. and it should reamin that not turned into a playpen!
Old 08-20-2009, 11:28 PM

Quote:
You would mention it to the police because that can help them identify the offenders. In that case, you also need other traits such as height, clothing, special features. Just telling the cop an asian or red headed guy was poaching is pretty pointless.

However we are not the CO and we can't do anything based on a vague description. THat is why I suggested it might be best to leave it out.

Anyways this thing is getting off track. I was making a simple comment and wasn't expecting it to be the focus of the tread.
Well, I hate to beat a 'half-dead' horse, but...

I assumed that was a given, the 'full description', I mean....
(I seriously doubt anyone would ONLY volunteer the RACE of the 'accused' to a FWO.)

Why leave their RACE out of a post ? Race, description, etc... The next time 3 or 4 persons of the SAME DESCRIPTION are committing a poaching offense, the members of THIS board would likely be MORE willing to report it ! And to be honest, this is EXACTLY what you are suggesting they do, which is to 'CALL FISH AND WILDLIFE' ! Would be a 'Win - Win' situation for the community either way. You either catch a 'first time poacher', or you catch the 'ones that got away'......

Just some food for thought.....

Cheers,

/FC...
Old 08-20-2009, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHeadedFisherman View Post
I was at PCR today, (time: 3ish pm) along come 4 Asien(Chinese?) teenagers,.. after getting set up and started fishing, one pulls out a chain stringer.. i tryed to count, it had more than 9 clips on it.. and the other rheee boys followed suit,, each had a metal chain stinger..!! I said your awar this lake is C&R!! one guy sain to me to shut the &^&&^%% up and mind my own biz..!! well i did shut up.. just Watched, as the 4 of em over 2 hrs. proceeded to catch walleye after walleye and put them on these stringers.. when thew wernt looking ( thewy were filling stringer # 3 and jabbering in chinese.. i took a couple of pics of them holding the stringers up.. after they got stringer # 4 full, they packed up and left.. i walked behide em and whote down there car tag #.. went to the RCMP in Naanton and gave then the lowdown.. tag # and pics....

This hurts us all!.. and i did something about it!

Awesome work, I say keep it up, hopefully they get in a whole heep of 5hit for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Old 08-20-2009, 11:58 PM

Quote:
First, what does their race have anything to do with this? Can't really see a reason why you included it. Poaching is a crime regardless of what race they are.

Second I keep hearing of people complaining of incidents like this. Basicly they see a person poaching, they tell them its wrong and they are told to @#%# off or mind their own business. By the time they call the CO, the poachers are long gone. Reminds me of an episode of The Simpsons.

Security Guard: Somebody down there?
Bart Simpson: [gasps] Uh-oh. Let's get outta here!
[Bart and Ralph quickly run off]
Security Guard: Why do I always shout first? Just gives them a chance to run away. Well, I'm an idiot.

The best way to do it would be to just call it in without giving them a warning first. They will think twice about poaching if they get a fine of few hundred dollars. You got to hit them where it hurts, their wallet.
What does Race have to do with anything ? Enough of the Political Correctness Baloney were not in Toronto were in Rural Alberta, it is what it is....
Old 08-20-2009, 11:59 PM

Great job on reporting the alleged Poachers. I hope they are convicted and dealt with severely.
The description of them possibly being Chinese may help some people identify them later. I am glad you narrowed it down from "Asian". When you said Asian I thought you meant Russian, Turkish, or Indian. It is amazing how many people don't have any common sense and "ASSUME" people mean oriental when someone says Asian.

Deano
Old 08-21-2009, 12:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrmaf View Post
Awesome work, I say keep it up, hopefully they get in a whole heep of 5hit for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
thank you ukrmaf .. just dont like (insert race/boy/girl/martian) here!
getting away with what will undoutibky wil lhurt lawfu anglers ( such as 99.9 % of AO users and others
Old 08-21-2009, 12:36 AM

People people... damn. If you see someone Poaching, just call in and report them. Don't just arguing around here and think that you are tough enough and can beat anyone else. Come on, just a bullet from a far distance can get you from being tough.
Old 08-21-2009, 12:38 AM

Quote: guess thats a possibility, the other being the post was offensive to asians. Possibly those with less than 30 posts are asain?

Possibly, english is their secong languge, possibly they are not all asains , possibly listenning (reading) is more important then having judgeing opinion on everything and everyone

Last edited by Iskra; 08-21-2009 at 12:57 AM.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpheasant View Post
What does Race have to do with anything ? Enough of the Political Correctness Baloney were not in Toronto were in Rural Alberta, it is what it is....
true
Old 08-21-2009, 01:17 AM
Banned

K the reason im mad about the whole asian thing is because you assume they are chinese. Im filipino and saying asian will not narrow it at all we are a diversed group of people. Our facial features range from looking hawaiian to native americans to europeans to spanish. Also what drives me wild is when people get mad that we speak our native tongue because it sounds like jabber. I bet if you didnt understand english it would sound like jabber. Lastly i commend you on reporting these bastards good job but please leave race out of it. I mean how many times do you see a topic saying these white poachers. Or i went fishing today with my white friend.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
umm yes it would......if you called them anything but white how would they find them????
why cant we call them white. We have to say white because we cant say european, they werent born in europe. We cant say canadian because canada has many ethnicities. So we say white and why do white people take offense to being called white. I have no problem being called brown, or yellow why is white so harmful.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:25 AM
Banned

dude, i'm part asian too

i don't care at all
Old 08-21-2009, 01:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfish View Post
dude, i'm part asian too

i don't care at all
no what makes me mad is that people here are acting like asians are the only poachers. I mean baitfisher said "there are alot of asian poacher in the pcr" or something like that. Honestly everyone how many of you have broken a regulation while fishinng and be honest. There has been days when i grab for a new lure but forget to crimp the hook and cant find my pliers i just throw it in the water anyways. I know its wrong but like i said how many here can honestly say that they have never broken the rules oh and by the way this was back when i was 9 when i did this so dont bother reporting me lol. OH and i went fishing with my friend a few weeks ago i told him to crimp his hook. Hes white he is tall, hairy and balding the usual white traits. he said common man you know thats a stupid rule. Or at least thats what i think he said it was more like jabber to me. Finally when he wast looking i debarbed all his hooks. Did i mention he was white

Last edited by bruce44; 08-21-2009 at 01:50 AM.
Old 08-21-2009, 02:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce44 View Post
no what makes me mad is that people here are acting like asians are the only poachers. I mean baitfisher said "there are alot of asian poacher in the pcr" or something like that. Honestly everyone how many of you have broken a regulation while fishinng and be honest. There has been days when i grab for a new lure but forget to crimp the hook and cant find my pliers i just throw it in the water anyways. I know its wrong but like i said how many here can honestly say that they have never broken the rules oh and by the way this was back when i was 9 when i did this so dont bother reporting me lol. OH and i went fishing with my friend a few weeks ago i told him to crimp his hook. Hes white he is tall, hairy and balding the usual white traits. he said common man you know thats a stupid rule. Or at least thats what i think he said it was more like jabber to me. Finally when he wast looking i debarbed all his hooks. Did i mention he was white
first, i do know is a "Asians' aere eather chinese or korean, of filapino,.. i used the term Asian ans a generality. for all this trouble on this post. im sorry.. dont mater if they were what.. its what they did, and there blaitent disreard for the law .. so lets stop all this talk of race.. if i could go back and rewrite my original post, id leave that part out!
thanks
SOMETIMES YOUR THE WINDSHIELD,... SOMETIMES YOUR THE BUG!!
Old 08-21-2009, 04:43 AM

Default Sundancefisher

Quote: RCMP have no jurisdiction over fish and wildlife.

Is that right !
How about you put an extra pike in your car or an untagged WT and come see me!
I'll tell you were I'm at and well see if the RCMP don't have
jurisdiction over F&W matters
Sorry my friend but you are out to lunch on this one !
We are Federal, Provincial and Municipal !
I will gladly put pen to paper on F&W matters. Have done it before !

RedHeadedFisherman..........I beg you, please get spell checker.......it's killing me !
Old 08-21-2009, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHeadedFisherman View Post
first, i do know is a "Asians' aere eather chinese or korean, of filapino,.. i used the term Asian ans a generality. for all this trouble on this post. im sorry.. dont mater if they were what.. its what they did, and there blaitent disreard for the law .. so lets stop all this talk of race.. if i could go back and rewrite my original post, id leave that part out!
thanks
SOMETIMES YOUR THE WINDSHIELD,... SOMETIMES YOUR THE BUG!!
Hey Red like Ruff said your spelling Sucks Dude, To many Soda Pop's or what ?
Old 08-21-2009, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce44 View Post
why cant we call them white. We have to say white because we cant say european, they werent born in europe. We cant say canadian because canada has many ethnicities. So we say white and why do white people take offense to being called white. I have no problem being called brown, or yellow why is white so harmful.

Think you are starting to get out of line there buddy, I am white and live on a reserve,lol. The natives always call me whitie a55 and i couldn't care less. And to your other post i am tall, hairy, and balding damn it, but that doesn't bother me either. We all live in Alberta, which i am thinking the whitie's are starting to become the minority anyways.

Actually... i never really had anything to add to this post. I just wanted everyone to read my new sig line on the bottom of my post,lol
Old 08-21-2009, 06:43 AM

Wow did this thread ever go sideways since I checked it last night

First off to the OP, good work on calling those clowns in. Like some others have suggested, maybe next you might want to just call them in rather than going and giving them the heads up (and a chance to leave) first.

As for mentioning their ethnicity...personally I don't have a problem with that, it's a quick way to describe a group of people that all have similar genetic traits. Talking about them jabbering in their own language...that could have been left out.

And I also wanted to check out my new sig line

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 08-21-2009, 07:25 AM

Ruff, my point exactly. Wildlife act clearly defines who has what authority. RCMP, forest officers and conservation officers are ex officio fish and wildlife officers under the act.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey1099 View Post
I guess thats a possibility, the other being the post was offensive to asians. Possibly those with less than 30 posts are asain?

The point was we on this forum do not need to know the race of the people involved. The cops? yes, along with a description of any tattoo's or distinguishing features. The description of asain is good for narrowing the search down to a few hundred thousand people in Alberta. And utterly pointless on this forum
If Clint Eastwood can produce a movie like Gran Torino publicly and no one gets unsettled about it.....

Well from the wise words of chopper the australian weather man you need to "Harden the ****** up...
Old 08-21-2009, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffgrouse View Post
Quote: RCMP have no jurisdiction over fish and wildlife.

Is that right !
How about you put an extra pike in your car or an untagged WT and come see me!
I'll tell you were I'm at and well see if the RCMP don't have
jurisdiction over F&W matters
Sorry my friend but you are out to lunch on this one !
We are Federal, Provincial and Municipal !
I will gladly put pen to paper on F&W matters. Have done it before !

RedHeadedFisherman..........I beg you, please get spell checker.......it's killing me !
Just to clear up the RCMP dealing with Wildlife issues: From the Alberta Widlife Act

Wildlife officers by virtue of appointments to other offices

1.2 The following individuals are wildlife officers by virtue of their appointments to the offices respectively referred to, namely individuals appointed as

(a) members of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police,

(b) conservation officers, under section 1 of Schedule 3.1 to the Government Organization Act, and

(c) forest officers, under section 2 of the Forests Act.

RCMP members do have authority under the Alberta Wildlife Act.

Sorry for the double post. JohnAB posted while I was looking up the Act.