Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadham View Post
That's a tangential answer. You haven't stated how an internment camp would work, what "group" you would put in it, and how you would identify that "group". Nor have you answered how the WW2 camps were not about race or how they "worked".

That's okay, you don't need to answer, as the answer could put you in danger of racist/religious comments that might cross board rules. It's getting late and the day was upsetting enough.
So how do you identify and intern a non identifiable group? Regular canadian guys that are looking for something and missing something convert. They are angry and want noteriety. I want to solve the problem but the solution has to be logical.
Old 10-23-2014, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbomber View Post
So how do you identify and intern a non identifiable group? Regular canadian guys that are looking for something and missing something convert. They are angry and want noteriety. I want to solve the problem but the solution has to be logical.
you start with the ones under Surveillance

LIFE IS TOUGH.....TOUGHER IF YOU'RE STUPID.-------------------“Women have the right to work wherever they want, as long as they have the dinner ready when you get home”
Old 10-23-2014, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowdog View Post
and a personal kudos and TY with handshake from Harper, looked like he was holding back tears as he walked in.
That's what prompted my post.

It must be a serious mix of emotions, knowing he did the right thing and is a hero on one hand, knowing he took a human life on the other. Thankfully his training took over and a good guy averted what could have been a much larger tragedy.

"I find it interesting that some folk will pay to use a range, use a golf course, use a garage bay but think landowners should have to give permission for free. Do these same people think hookers should be treated like landowners?" pitw
Old 10-23-2014, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trooper View Post
Internment camps worked in WW11, They can work again. You dont want to use internment camps then you are being reactive, not proactive. The alternate is unacceptable. the good of society outweighs the good of the few.
Dumbest statement to date. What is your ethnic heritage Trooper?
Old 10-23-2014, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by recce43 View Post
you start with the ones under Surveillance
I don't understand how guys under suspicion aren't monitored more closely. But it would be logical and reasonable to arrest people who are already being monitored.
Old 10-23-2014, 09:07 AM

Regardless of all else we lost 2 Members of the Canadian Armed Forces this week to senseless acts.
Old 10-23-2014, 09:07 AM

Quote:
The imam's who are responsible for inciting these people should be rounded up as well. They at least are identifiable.
Old 10-23-2014, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
I like that.
Old 10-23-2014, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by recce43 View Post
Today i woke up angry and sad
To a soldier and veteran the tomb of the unknow soldiers is hollow ground.
The Parliament bulidings are a show of demcoracy and freedoms.
the attack was an attack on all true Canadians.
We must stand up as individuals and as a nation and fight back .

To nathons son
You have lost your hero your dad . Some day you will understand what went on. That your father died serving his nation with pride.
Your father will not be forgotten

Today Iam wearing my poppy and my dog tags my flag is at half mast .
Iam retired from the military . And I dont give a **** about Politcally correct
Its time time hit them hard . round up all the scumbags that they have under Surveillance and jail them interrogate them.
First Post I read today, sums up my feelings pretty well...
I will be wearing my Poppy early too...bringing a flag to work, draping it over my 'cubical'.

I remember that feeling I had after 911, somehow knew that the world had changed.
Now it's Canada's turn.
Old 10-23-2014, 09:24 AM

The idea that a war can be won by standing on the defensive and waiting for the enemy to attack is a dangerous fallacy, which owes its inception to the desire to evade the price of victory.

Douglas Haig

LIFE IS TOUGH.....TOUGHER IF YOU'RE STUPID.-------------------“Women have the right to work wherever they want, as long as they have the dinner ready when you get home”
Old 10-23-2014, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
Dumbest statement to date. What is your ethnic heritage Trooper?
He and I discussed internment camps last night. It is probably not fair to go over it all again.
Old 10-23-2014, 09:27 AM

Quote:
You probably need to look at the entire post string as you seemed to be looking at this post in isolation. However I won't be posting further on it as I am off to work. Well back to work after coffee, but thankfully offline anyways.

Last edited by Jadham; 10-23-2014 at 09:35 AM.
Old 10-23-2014, 09:49 AM

As Lorne Gunther said, "this is a problem that only the Muslims can solve". Unfortunately I don't see hundreds of them marching in the streets to protest this. So bring on the war measures act, and the internment camps and lets put an end to this. And I am Canadian.
Old 10-23-2014, 10:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikwhiskey View Post
Your assuming the "hardcore criminals" don't already own better weapons? Thats some real logic right there. Is the "Assault weapon" that the honour guard carries capable of firing live ammo? Who would you rather attack, an unarmed target or a prepared one?
The "criminal element" can be armed with whatever they can afford, If its true that these scum were armed with a 3030 lever action, that tells me they were poorly financed, poorly trained and ill prepared. Guess Canada got lucky this round.
Hope a lot of Canadians can pulls their heads out of the asses, and not let another good man die and do nothing.

Oh, and concealed side arms are prohibited, so the criminal element won't have any, so, no worry about your comment…… "it would be too easy to walk right up to them with a concealed sidearm, disarm them"
What colour is the sky on your planet?
Blue! A bit dusty at times!

What are your credentials regarding this? Probably ZERO!! Right?? The
C7A2 service rifles carried were fully functioning operational weapons. Whether or not they had bolts is something I can't answer. The rest of your statement makes absolutely no sense at all.

Had they been carrying live rounds, and such an incident did NOT happen yesterday and the media found out they were in possession of live ammunition, the Liberal masses would be hysteric knowing that Canadian soldiers were walking the streets with loaded weapons! Remember the Martin commercials from 2005??????

I've been an Infantry soldier for close to two decades now, multiple tours and stood in the very spot Cpl. Cirrillo died on many occasions.

Don't tell me my business!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _PPC3290 copia.jpg (29.3 KB, 67 views)
Old 10-23-2014, 10:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by trooper View Post
Caber tosser, I feel the same way you do! But,... Islam is a religion of violence, not peace as they claim. The koran also says that it is ok to lie to an in fidel and smite the necks of non believers! does that sound like a peaceful religion to you?
You might want to take a quick flip through the King James bible before you go trotting that crap out again.
Old 10-23-2014, 10:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashi View Post
As Lorne Gunther said, "this is a problem that only the Muslims can solve". Unfortunately I don't see hundreds of them marching in the streets to protest this. So bring on the war measures act, and the internment camps and lets put an end to this. And I am Canadian.
So your "Canada" is so weak and callow that you have to intern hundreds of thousands of innocent people because two lunatics attacked our military?

That's not something I would be proud of and I'm damn glad that's not MY country.
Old 10-23-2014, 10:32 AM

Well, I'm sure no one will be surprised but the blame game has already started. And guess what? It's the fault of firearms.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/la...648/story.html
Old 10-23-2014, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty P. View Post
Well, I'm sure no one will be surprised but the blame game has already started. And guess what? It's the fault of firearms.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/la...648/story.html
Ron Charach is probably the most prolific author of 'blame the guns' letters to the editor in the nation. His militant stance on the subject is nothing short of obsessive. He's a fundamentalist is every sense of the word and has no shame in grave dancing, now it will be the lever action firearms that he's after (although his letter alluded to weakened ATT requirements, no such requirements existed for the firearm actually used in the attack, so his point is really moot). Really though, he's after every firearm anyways. People like him create environments ripe for political totalitarianism to take hold.
Old 10-23-2014, 11:02 AM

I'd love to see a statue of Cirillo standing guard once again.
What a terrible tragedy for our nation.
May we sort this out before we lose others.
Old 10-23-2014, 11:05 AM

Yet this genius totally glazes over Monday's events, which had the exact same result, albeit in a less 'newsworthy' location.
Old 10-23-2014, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 220swifty View Post
Yet this genius totally glazes over Monday's events, which had the exact same result, albeit in a less 'newsworthy' location.
Maybe he'll write a letter blaming Henry Ford as the scapegoat for that one....
Old 10-23-2014, 11:09 AM
Banned

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2...repulsive.html

A Canadian Muslim civil rights group calls the attacks on Parliament Hill “repulsive” and says it stands united with other Canadians.

“All Canadians are horrified and shocked by these repulsive attacks in Ottawa and our thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families today,” Ihsaan Gardee, executive director of the National Council of Canadian Muslims, said in a prepared statement.

“We stand firm with fellow Canadians in upholding and protecting the safety and security of our country, as well as our national institutions,” Gardee said.
The council is a non-partisan, non-profit, pro civil rights organization with a history of condemning violent extremism.

“We commend our law enforcement agencies in putting themselves in harm’s way in order to protect all of us from terrorism,” Gardee said.

“While details . . . are still unfolding, we must reiterate that nothing can justify such atrocious actions and our message to anyone who espouses, endorses, or in any way supports ideologies of violence is that your actions are based on gross perversions of the Islamic faith.

“This week’s appalling events underscore the urgent need for ongoing co-operation between law enforcement, government agencies, and communities to respond to the threat of violent extremism.”

In July 2005, the council co-ordinated a statement from more than 120 imams from across Canada which denounced terrorism and violent extremism.

Last June, after news that a Canadian died in Iraq after a suicide attack, the council urged Canadian Muslim communities to renew their efforts to fight radicalization and joined the Canadian Council of Imams in denouncing Islamic State extremism.

Also this year, the council and the Islamic Social Services Association issued a handbook called “United Against Terrorism,” which attempts to build civic engagement and counter radicalization.
Old 10-23-2014, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetwaiter View Post
So your "Canada" is so weak and callow that you have to intern hundreds of thousands of innocent people because two lunatics attacked our military?

That's not something I would be proud of and I'm damn glad that's not MY country.
And which is your country that you are so proud of.
Old 10-23-2014, 11:21 AM

Boots on the ground and let's go get these guys if we are serious about it, no more half ass solutions. Sending only jets to wage war is ineffective in that for every wayward bomb dropped you only seem to incite more people and when the enemy knows they have no chance in hell of taking out our pilots they will look to strike soft targets at home.

Of course taking an actual stance against the middle east powers fundjng these groups and/or looking hard at our own foreign policy is the only way to long term success but not like thats ever gonna happen.

Like it or not we have been at war in the middle east for 13 or so odd years, bound to start suffering attacks on home turf eventually.
Old 10-23-2014, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
Ron Charach is probably the most prolific author of 'blame the guns' letters to the editor in the nation. His militant stance on the subject is nothing short of obsessive. He's a fundamentalist is every sense of the word and has no shame in grave dancing, now it will be the lever action firearms that he's after (although his letter alluded to weakened ATT requirements, no such requirements existed for the firearm actually used in the attack, so his point is really moot). Really though, he's after every firearm anyways. People like him create environments ripe for political totalitarianism to take hold.

Cause the guy had a PAL with his criminal record that gave him access to guns. Give me a break. If it wasn't a gun, it could have been a bomb or knife or anything else. Some people kids!! This Ron guy is a moron!
Old 10-23-2014, 11:26 AM

Just in case someone missed this from another thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battery View Post

RIP to all the fallen Soldiers.
Thank You for posting this, I am very deeply moved.

As someone who grew up in a military family in Ottawa, I am very familiar with this War Memorial and the sacrifice it commemorates.

IMHO it is the most significant and thoughtful comment regarding this event that I have seen anywhere. I do not recognize the artists sig, can someone tell me who is the artist.
Old 10-23-2014, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ren008 View Post
Boots on the ground and let's go get these guys if we are serious about it, no more half ass solutions. Sending only jets to wage war is ineffective in that for every wayward bomb dropped you only seem to incite more people and when the enemy knows they have no chance in hell of taking out our pilots they will look to strike soft targets at home.

Didn't we just have "boots on the ground"? Western troops owned Iraq and Afghanistan.

Don't get me wrong. "Boots on the ground" will likely end the ISIS threat of seizing territory and creating a state (which would be a very good thing), I'm not opposed to it as a temporary measure. But don't kid yourself that it will end terroism. It will drive more zealots to the cause. The last invasions certainly did.
Old 10-23-2014, 11:32 AM

Coming late to the party...can't believe I just heard about internment camps?

You can't stop every nutbar. There has always a very small percentage of all religions that is extremist and the assertion that its a problem in all of them in dangerously wrong. The comment I keep hearing is they lie to cover up their aim. I know a pile of Christians who lie too for their own motives, so what? As much disdain as I have for the situation, you can't completely stop an individual from going nutz. What could we do about Moncton, when a nutbar with a personal vandetta ambushed a few officers?

A person can be radicalized from an leader, friends, internet, etc. You can step up survaillence but I for one am not on the get rid of our freedoms bandwagon over a Canadian with a mental defect and a loose connection to extremism.
Old 10-23-2014, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purgatory.sv View Post
Tolerance was lost a long time ago.

Media has contributed to it; it has enabled any who wish to use it.

An act of violence has been committed and it’s unacceptable.

Condolences to all.
Yup. We have entered into a time when what people think is real and worthy of changing core opinions on the basis of internet bloggers with all sorts of radical ideologies and paranoid conspiracy theories is a giant transformation concern. They get soaked up by the gullible and any attempts to impart logic on them is met with unyielding suspicion.

Free information is often crazy dribble that for some reason sticks more than common sense.

It is the new internet culture that allows for radicalization. It can't be stopped but schools should teach this problem early on so that the gullible learn some skills to defend themselves.

Otherwise this is just the tip of a giant avalanche.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 10-23-2014, 12:00 PM

Quote:
I don't understand how guys under suspicion aren't monitored more closely. But it would be logical and reasonable to arrest people who are already being monitored.
Can't remember who stated it in yesterday's whirlwind...but here's the math. To keep 1 guy under 24 hrs surveillance takes a minimum of 12-18 members (remember 7 days a week, 24 hrs a day). Times that by 80? 90? Not enough cops/CSIS guys to go around.......

And although I too would like to detain/arrest all of them....unfortunately there is no law against radical/murderous thoughts or most of us would be arrested...... Judges would toss all cases and then they'd sue and be rich radicals.....