Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-18-2019, 05:22 AM

Hook a chain to that Turkey and yank it out with your truck. Make sure you step on it give a good sharp pull to break it free

Disclaimer if you own a Ford this method is not advised because you are likely to end up with a blown engine and the Turkey won’t budge
Old 10-18-2019, 07:08 AM

Unplug freezer. Remove everything else but the frozen turkey. Brine the bird right where it sits in the freezer bottom submerging the bird totally in warm brine.
Afterwards, once you get a floater remove bird and use a length of hose to siphon the brine out

And thanks for the inspiration, I have a couple of frozen 30 lb hams that are too big for my brine lug. But I could do both in the bottom of my little chest freezer.
Old 10-19-2019, 10:17 AM

Chip away at the bottom a bit then peel open the wrapping. Should lift right out. Then you just have plastic frozen to the bottom

Colin
Old 10-19-2019, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colroggal View Post
Chip away at the bottom a bit then peel open the wrapping. Should lift right out. Then you just have plastic frozen to the bottom

Colin
You rascal!

That’s exactly what I should have done. I unplugged the freezer and left the lid open for two days and the frost hadn’t even started to melt off the sides.

Might have had a chance taking it out of the shrink wrap with some hot water.

Unfortunately I’ve already gone with option “C” and just went and bought a new turkey.
Old 10-19-2019, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega50 View Post
Unplug freezer. Remove everything else but the frozen turkey. Brine the bird right where it sits in the freezer bottom submerging the bird totally in warm brine.
Afterwards, once you get a floater remove bird and use a length of hose to siphon the brine out

And thanks for the inspiration, I have a couple of frozen 30 lb hams that are too big for my brine lug. But I could do both in the bottom of my little chest freezer.
Omega .... that's actually brilliant ..... redneck ingenuity
Old 10-19-2019, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tool View Post
You rascal!

That’s exactly what I should have done. I unplugged the freezer and left the lid open for two days and the frost hadn’t even started to melt off the sides.

Might have had a chance taking it out of the shrink wrap with some hot water.

Unfortunately I’ve already gone with option “C” and just went and bought a new turkey.
did you try pouring warm or hot water around the part that is frozen to the freezer?
Old 10-20-2019, 02:13 PM

Default Frozen turkey----

From time to time-A deep freeze has frost build up, needs cleaning,etc.This time of the year with night time temperatures below freezeing.You can take all items out,place on a clean tarp.Unplug the deep freeze,Place a small heater inside.In a very short time the turkey will break free,and you can clean and defrost.Then inspect and replace items,you will for sure find, outdated and freezer burnt items.
Old 10-20-2019, 02:46 PM

Did you try an engine hoist?