Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-10-2019, 05:04 PM
AO Sponsor

Default TruBond Paint on Tan for Wallhangers etc

So I heard about this TruBond stuff a couple months ago, assumed it was for taxidermy, but great reviews.

This stuff...

https://shop.trubondtanning.com/TruB...-TB1000Bqt.htm

So anybody know if it's real good, exceptional, bland, poor, waste etc. If it's super we might bring it in. We like selling super stuff. Dislike selling bad stuff very much so!
Old 04-11-2019, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty S View Post
So I heard about this TruBond stuff a couple months ago, assumed it was for taxidermy, but great reviews.

This stuff...

https://shop.trubondtanning.com/TruB...-TB1000Bqt.htm

So anybody know if it's real good, exceptional, bland, poor, waste etc. If it's super we might bring it in. We like selling super stuff. Dislike selling bad stuff very much so!
Hey Marty,

Sorry just seen this now, IT IS SUPER. I purchased Truebond 1000B last year as I heard lots of good reviews of the stuff. I am sooooo pleased with the results of this stuff it is great and IMO the best on the market for the DIY guys. (produces and great quality end product I love)I have used couple other tans and brain tan as well, Some of my furs are better than some products I got back from so called professional tanneries, I can promise you if you bring it in to AB for a good price you would have a customer with me for it and I know others who purchase from the states as it is too.....I wouldn't worry about getting their citric acid or sodium bicarbonate as its heavy for shipping and you can buy from AAA in Calgary cheaper, but their degreaser and 1000B and even the softening oil for sure. Probably a few taxidermists around would buy the truebond 1000 for wet tanning too... if you have any questions let me know or send me a PM..
Old 04-11-2019, 05:04 PM

Ive been using Trubond 1000B for a few years now. I tan for myself and a few other trappers I know. I love Trubond especially for furbearers, but I have used it and gotten great results on critters as large as grizzly bears. You cant go wrong with it.

A taxidermist in the US that does his own tanning told me to try this method : Tan with a submersible tan like EZ 100, then oil with Trubond 1000B . This is actually a double tan, but it does produce excellent results. I use this method now on most hides. With the submersible tan you dont have to worry about missing spots like you do with paint on only.
Old 10-18-2019, 12:19 AM
Banned

Commented on this thread in the Trapping section.

Last edited by HunterDave; 10-18-2019 at 12:27 AM.
Old 10-18-2019, 07:59 AM

I would buy some off you Marty