Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-14-2019, 07:07 AM

I listened to a podcast that talked about antifa in Portland. They are not good people all, you would have to be a complete idiot to support them. They suppress free speech and attack innocent people while wearing masks. They are more like fascists than the people they oppose
Old 10-14-2019, 07:29 AM

Apparently she crossed the ocean in a multi million dollar carbon fibre yacht.

There is big money behind the economic terrorism attacks on Canada.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 10-14-2019, 07:46 AM

This is so " Gretarded"...
Old 10-14-2019, 07:51 AM

I will not be scolded or care to listen to a 16 year old KID. I’m an adult that can think and make my own decisions. The real arseholes in this whole thing are the adults behind her profiting and feeding the propaganda and lies.
Old 10-14-2019, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
I don't listen to anyone that has no training, education or experience when it comes to making serious policy decisions about anything. Why in the world would anyone listen to a 16 year old kid with a spoon fed, lopsided opinion, no formal training and a desire to get as much free publicity, clicks and followers as possible.
I agree 100% with what you are saying. But she is coming here regardless of what we think.

Take this time with her and educate her; take her to Drumheller, fly her to an oil site that has been reclaimed and show off what it is we do and how nice it is when we are finished.

She has the mic in her hand not us.

Big oil has to seize this opportunity because they are not speaking very loudly, and this misinformed victim of mental abuse is preaching the wrong message with a strong following. Without carbon we have nothing.....

IMHO

We have two lives: The life we learn with and the life we live with after that.
Old 10-14-2019, 07:59 AM

The brainwashing and exploitation of kids/youth to push agendas in today’s world makes me sick
Old 10-14-2019, 08:09 AM

I feel like I should avoid going to see the sh!tshow, because if I am within arms length of her or her handlers, I'd throw my shoulder out by slapping them upside the head. I need my shoulder for volleyball, bow hunting, etc....

In reality, you can't have anything - NOT ONE THING IN MODERN SOCIETY without the use of hydro carbons. Try to convince the teens of today that they will have to give up their cell phones, computers, internet, Snapchat, etc by following her lead. That should go over well...

More powerful people need to stand up to those that are opposing fossil fuels. Either that, or jump on the same band wagon and convince the rest of us to give up our houses, cars, clothes, etc and return to the dark ages. That's not going to happen within my lifetime.

Could we go "green"? It's possible. Could we do it without creating a bigger gap between the have's / have nots? Not a chance. It's all about the $$$$ folks.

J.
Old 10-14-2019, 08:17 AM

I imagine in 12 years she’ll be suing her parents for wrecking her childhood.
Old 10-14-2019, 08:23 AM

I don't blame her for being a ridiculous spectacle of decrying climate change and doomsday. That's her self-perceived duty after all of her 16 years of life experience. I blame otherwise responsible adults for exploiting and promoting her uninformed rhetorical jibberish and using her to get attention. I especially blame her parents for allowing her to decide to not go to school and to become a mouthpiece for climate activists and to get attention despite their waning careers. I blame her supporters for pretending to embrace the opinion of a child whose never had to work for a living or pay a bill. For taking seriously the opinions of someone with documented mental disorders. I blame Premier Kenny for accepting an audience with a child who is only there to try to make him the bad guy. The most effective means of dealing with her is to ignore her. She may have a gift for speech writing but she's really just a ***** for the UN and their entitled lackeys.
She thinks she's acting like an adult and her followers are acting like children.

Last edited by gunluvr; 10-14-2019 at 08:32 AM.
Old 10-14-2019, 09:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody j View Post
So when is she going to China to tell them how to live?
Old 10-14-2019, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 260 Rem View Post
Whether we like it or not she has become an effective symbol of a movement that millions have signed on to ... a cause that is not going away ... so to downplay her influence or discredit her personally may not be an effective strategy. My bet is that wherever she ends up in Alberta, she will draw a crowd. It will be interesting to see if there will be a counter protest because of all the venues she has played, surely this province will be the toughest. Would be a pretty bad show to get out hustled by a 16yr old

so are you going to protest or just lecture us?
Old 10-14-2019, 10:11 AM

She may have a gift for speech writing but she's really just a ***** for the UN and their entitled lackeys.
She thinks she's acting like an adult and her followers are acting like children.[/QUOTE]

her speech at the in was mostly a copy of one decades before, wish I had the quote to post here
Old 10-14-2019, 10:17 AM

Old 10-14-2019, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 260 Rem View Post
Whether we like it or not she has become an effective symbol of a movement that millions have signed on to ... a cause that is not going away ... so to downplay her influence or discredit her personally may not be an effective strategy. My bet is that wherever she ends up in Alberta, she will draw a crowd. It will be interesting to see if there will be a counter protest because of all the venues she has played, surely this province will be the toughest. Would be a pretty bad show to get out hustled by a 16yr old
She is the flavour of the day, todays Pet Rock or cause celeb. She will fade and should. Millions have followed false prophets in the past. There have always been nut cases standing on soap boxes foretelling the end of the world. She is merely another of those with a better soap box. Those of us that can still think for ourselves need to actively push back against people like her, her handlers and the radical organizations they represent.

There are clearly things we need to do to clean up our water, land and skies but I don't propose we take direction from this hysterical teenager on how to do that properly. She would have us shut down the world's economy if you listen to her talk. Pretty unrealistic way to address the problem, and anyone that subscribes to her solution is as much a nut case as she is.

The media is pumping this because it fills up space, but it is more fake news.
Old 10-14-2019, 10:39 AM

It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 10-14-2019, 10:45 AM

Greta wants Canada to be like Sweden.

That means we need to build 12 nuclear power generation plants.

To all the greenies... you good with that? Turning all power from oil and gas and coal to nuclear? They need to answer yes or no...
Old 10-14-2019, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Greta wants Canada to be like Sweden.

That means we need to build 12 nuclear power generation plants.

To all the greenies... you good with that? Turning all power from oil and gas and coal to nuclear? They need to answer yes or no...
How many Canadians want to pay 62% income tax, plus up to 25% sales tax, like Sweden.
Old 10-14-2019, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graybeard View Post
I agree 100% with what you are saying. But she is coming here regardless of what we think.

Take this time with her and educate her; take her to Drumheller, fly her to an oil site that has been reclaimed and show off what it is we do and how nice it is when we are finished.

Big oil has to seize this opportunity because they are not speaking very loudly, and this misinformed victim of mental abuse is preaching the wrong message with a strong following. Without carbon we have nothing.....

IMHO
If I thought there was the remotest chance education would work I might agree with you. This kid is has been set on an unvarying course. No amount of proof, facts or even scientific information is going to change her mind. Touring her around the province will just give her more opportunities for media coverage and chances to spew her rhetoric where no amount of counter information will do any good.

Antifa's agenda is already set and being reasonable or considering other points of view has no place in their agendas. They physically attack people with opposing views, promote pulling down elected governments by violence and a host of other things that should make them a pariah to most people, but the average person never looks behind the white sheet and ski mask.

Last edited by Dean2; 10-14-2019 at 11:18 AM.
Old 10-14-2019, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
How many Canadians want to pay 62% income tax, plus up to 25% sales tax, like Sweden.
Lol. Phase two of NDP plans.

Plus we need to find our own ABBA. Huge revenues for Sweden
Old 10-14-2019, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunluvr View Post
For taking seriously the opinions of someone with documented mental disorders.
Are you referring to her Asperger's with this comment? If so, can you please explain why you think that makes someone's opinions not worth taking seriously?
Old 10-14-2019, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graybeard View Post

IMHO
Ever try telling a 16 year old they are wrong and to have the patience to learn?

She doesn’t care about reclamation’s. Just that all oil, gas and coal is bad.
Old 10-14-2019, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by does it ALL outdoors View Post
My guess would be that 90% of the car has petroleum bi products in it, if not more. Again, just a guess.

Why would they even let her cross the boarder knowing she is coming her for the sole purpose on trashing us and spreading more misinformation?

https://calgarysun.com/news/local-ne...box=1570977742

https://www.facebook.com/gretathunbe...type=3&theater

We should give her a German style reception.
https://climatechangedispatch.com/fc...mate-activism/

Need me one of those bumper stickers.

Funny death metal video in this link..
https://time.com/5698615/great-thunberg-speech-remix/
Cuz were canada, we let any terrorists in. Even pay em well!!
Old 10-14-2019, 12:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishpro View Post
Are you referring to her Asperger's with this comment? If so, can you please explain why you think that makes someone's opinions not worth taking seriously?
She suffers from Aspergers, OCD and selective mutism.

Nothing like using a mentally ill child to push the environmental agenda forward.

Personally, I doubt that she fully comprehends the message that she is regurgitating.
Old 10-14-2019, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grouse_hunter View Post

Nothing like using a mentally ill child to push the environmental agenda forward.

Personally, I doubt that she fully comprehends the message that she is regurgitating.
Are you trying to say that any or all of the conditions she has lowers her validity? I'm pretty sure all of those conditions are things that many very intelligent, successful people have had, and I don't see how the could be held against her.
Old 10-14-2019, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grouse_hunter View Post

She seems to be a high functioning individual. Very smart most likely however fixed and focused and encouraged by individuals to their own agenda. Often kids this age will fixated on conspiracies and emotionally attachable issues.

Don’t have anything against her personally. She is just a 16 year old girl being led around and she likely thinks it is all her idea.

The enablers are circling like sharks.
Old 10-14-2019, 01:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Are you trying to say that any or all of the conditions she has lowers her validity? I'm pretty sure all of those conditions are things that many very intelligent, successful people have had, and I don't see how the could be held against her.
I didn't state that the validity of ones' opinion is determined by their cranial capacity.

Psychiatric science is an ambiguous discipline. It is impossible to know the degree to which her cognitive faculty is affected by her ailments;

She very well could be more malleable and suggestible than her healthy peers, which in turn would make her use as a "poster child" for the environmental movement that much easier on her handlers.

Either way, I don't want to get bogged down in this quagmire, I'm off to roast some pork!
Old 10-14-2019, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Your kidding right? Not everyone with Autism is Rain Man. Individually the issues she has exist in successful people, in concert, not even remotely likely. Quite a few of the articles about her talk about how her autism and the singular focus she has may be of benefit in her drive to fight climate change. The other side of the coin is that her relentless drive also means she is not open to alternate views.

Take this from someone with a lot of fist hand experience with autism, even with selective and exceptional capability in a specific area, it does not translate across the whole range of behaviors. I doubt here gift, if she has one, lies in a savant knowledge of climate science.
Old 10-14-2019, 01:48 PM
Banned

She can teach Justin how to be a better drama teacher, hopefully he’s going to need the refresher.....
Old 10-14-2019, 03:08 PM

Default Acrd 2019

I wonder if she will catch the Alberta Coal Rollers Derby when she gets here ?
Old 10-14-2019, 03:14 PM