Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-17-2019, 08:15 AM

https://news.google.com/articles/CAI...A&ceid=CA%3Aen

Rotflmao

Greta’s handlers protest movement now includes stopping nuclear.

Sweden is 35-40% nuclear powered. Where do these religious zealots see this miracle power coming from for 7.53 billion people?

Not coal
Not oil
Not natural gas
Not nuclear

There is not enough surface area for solar, wind and hydro. Solar and wind are intermittent sources.

Too funny the media doesn’t touch on this fact. Compounded that population is growing and demand is out pacing alternatives. Only fossil fuel and nuclear can provide the answer.

Shake head. Shake head.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 10-17-2019, 11:34 AM
Banned

United We Roll convoy to meet Greta at noon during her little rally. Antifa will come out in full force for this, hopefully some heads will roll. And hopefully some coal will roll too. That kid is just a puppet.
Old 10-17-2019, 11:44 AM

Lisa Simpson gave the same speech back in 2007...

https://www.nme.com/news/tv/the-simp...n-2007-2551972
Old 10-17-2019, 11:45 AM

I thought she was ok . Now that she's coming to Alberta I have that not in my backyard feeling .lol
Old 10-17-2019, 12:00 PM

Not really a good example for kids she dropped out of grade 9 to protest full time and become the climate puppet.
Old 10-17-2019, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTailAB View Post
United We Roll convoy to meet Greta at noon during her little rally. Antifa will come out in full force for this, hopefully some heads will roll. And hopefully some coal will roll too. That kid is just a puppet.
Hopefully some heads will role?

Ya that's what Alberta needs for attention on an international stage. They'd be better off staying home. It would just make it worse.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Old 10-17-2019, 08:47 PM

Don't give her any attention.
Giving any credibility to the scientific opinion of a little girl is insane.
Old 10-17-2019, 09:11 PM
Banned

Isn't she what Lenin would call a "useful idiot"?
Old 10-18-2019, 08:30 AM

Edmonton getting a Great climate strike. Have fun.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 10-18-2019, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Hopefully some heads will roll!?? Why would you say anything even remotely close to that. Attack her message if you are so inclined but leave the threats out of it.
Old 10-18-2019, 09:13 AM

Albertans and the resource based companies that helped drive the economy in this province are getting attacked at every turn, both from within and from abroad. Hiding in our homes and pretending we are not will not make the antis go away. I don’t care if it is some off the wall Wack-job of the Green Party leader or a 16 year old child with mental disabilities being propped-up by her handlers we need to fight for our way of life before we become a have-not province.

Our economy already has one foot in the grave and another one on a banana peel. We better start doing something soon otherwise we’ll be the ones with our hands held out shortly.
Old 10-18-2019, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positrac View Post
Albertans and the resource based companies that helped drive the economy in this province are getting attacked at every turn, both from within and from abroad. Hiding in our homes and pretending we are not will not make the antis go away. I don’t care if it is some off the wall Wack-job of the Green Party leader or a 16 year old child with mental disabilities being propped-up by her handlers we need to fight for our way of life before we become a have-not province.

Our economy already has one foot in the grave and another one on a banana peel. We better start doing something soon otherwise we’ll be the ones with our hands held out shortly.
Well stated.
If there is no resistance the activists win by default.
Old 10-18-2019, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterBlaster View Post
The best thing to do would be to completely ignore her while she's here. Very disappointed to see the Edmonton Mayor inviting her to a meeting. I feel politicians have much better things to do than spend time on the taxpayers dime meeting with a child who's been brainwashed by her parents.

Like I said, she should be ignored, the worst thing that can happen is protesting in public her presence here as it will only add fuel to the fire and they'll use it as propaganda against us.
Agree 100%. Unfortunately there will be those that can't understand this and they will look like complete asses on the evening news. All you need is a few guys in their pickups rolling coal for the cameras and Justins ratings will go through the roof. Only 3 days left before a really tight election and this could definitely push some voters further to the left if the wrong message gets airplay.
Old 10-18-2019, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott h View Post
Agree 100%. Unfortunately there will be those that can't understand this and they will look like complete asses on the evening news. All you need is a few guys in their pickups rolling coal for the cameras and Justins ratings will go through the roof. Only 3 days left before a really tight election and this could definitely push some voters further to the left if the wrong message gets airplay.
Yup. There is already people going hoping for a fight. This isn't going to go well for Alberta. They would be better served to stay home, but instead we have a bunch of adults looking to start things with a 16 year old girl. Of anyone believes that this supposed counter protest will show anything positive for Alberta they are delusional.

This climate change issue isn't going away, if we keep just denying trying to help and get better we will be left behind. We need to promote our energy in a positive light, while providing solutions for reduction in carbon footprint (carbon capture for example), and focus on our remediation and reclamation as well.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Old 10-18-2019, 10:07 AM

Let the climate puppet do her thing best to just ignore her, the truckers will be portrayed as bully's on the world biased media.

Trudeau will be grinning like the Cheshire cat
Old 10-18-2019, 10:13 AM

Just read on a local FB page that a bus full of snowflakes left Canmore at 5:30 this am to go support the little puppet on a string. I'm quite sure the bus runs on unicorn farts.
Old 10-18-2019, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
Let the climate puppet do her thing best to just ignore her, the truckers will be portrayed as bully's on the world biased media.

Alberta isn't voting Liberal anyways, so the only influence counter protests will have will be to help the conservatives opposition, and that plays right into Justins hands.
Maybe he is smarter than I gave him credit for.......
Old 10-18-2019, 10:25 AM

I just walked by the staging park as it is a few blocks from my office. About 40 people are there now drinking timmies coffee with single use plastic lids, carrying nylon signs/vests/props and a wonderful truck driving around a 14x14 screen of Greta blaring her speech. Yep the group smells of BO, communal pot and mostly sanctimonious hypocrisy. . .
Old 10-18-2019, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cook View Post
Just read on a local FB page that a bus full of snowflakes left Canmore at 5:30 this am to go support the little puppet on a string. I'm quite sure the bus runs on unicorn farts.
And the NIMBY Canmore sheep are the perfect group to illustrate the stupidity of this all. "No you can't develop here, we have what we want, we are already here so go elsewhere'. But give us money.

Liberal to the root.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 10-18-2019, 11:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cook View Post
You can bet that idiot KVT is probably sitting right in the front of that bus...
Old 10-18-2019, 11:25 AM

See Greta. Ask Greta. See Greta run lol.

"we have the Police contact, this is harassment"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSH-...IOZ3glK9Tm8NXQ

I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....

Last edited by Ken07AOVette; 10-18-2019 at 11:34 AM.
Old 10-18-2019, 11:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
See Greta. Ask Greta. See Greta run lol.

"we have the Police contact, this is harassment"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSH-...IOZ3glK9Tm8NXQ
How dare you!
Old 10-18-2019, 11:51 AM

Quote:
How dare you!

Old 10-18-2019, 11:59 AM

I dropped out in grade 9 as well . But I went back after a year of drywalling and labour I decided I needed my diploma . Maybe she will figure that out or be paid like the other activists to full time protest
Old 10-18-2019, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlin1 View Post
I dropped out in grade 9 as well . But I went back after a year of drywalling and labour I decided I needed my diploma . Maybe she will figure that out or be paid like the other activists to full time protest
Ever watch Big Bang Theory?

After their 15 minutes of fame, her entire family will be like this episode;

Old 10-18-2019, 12:52 PM

My only concerns to anyone on this topic of oil and gas

1. Who's gonna help us reclaim all the oil construction when these companies bankrupt and hit the road??? Nobody has the real answer as to how many and even where all the mess is. But I've seen it, capped off, stinky, abandoned and shot up shacks on old leases... I hope it's not us the tax payer

2. Easily accessible oil will run out, when is the million dollar question but how expensive will life get for my kids kids??? Can we get to a point where the demand platueas before then. I hope their is a future for my kids that's as good as the life I have had and will hopefully continue to have.

I love my truck, I support oil, I love alberta, I'll be sad if the day comes I can't listen to the grumble of my engines... I wish both sides (environmentalist vs pro-oil) could stop with the freaking out and we all as people work together towards a sustainable future.
Old 10-18-2019, 01:00 PM
Banned

Good for her.
Old 10-18-2019, 01:21 PM

Feel sorry for the girl, she is getting used. Child abuse actually. Her handlers need to be told loud and clear to go home, never come back. Lots of people making a lot of money off her, and to think it actually has anything to do with the environment!!! It’s just me or do most of those climate change supporters look like they couldn’t last more than 10 minutes out of their basement??
Old 10-18-2019, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post

They already are, I agree 100%. It really looks like the NDP, Greens and Libs are finding the anti- pipeline and anti oil movement as a unifier in this election. I think this protest was terrible judgement and only hurts Scheer.

I just read this on CBC

"It just doesn't look good. It looks like a bunch of middle-aged men in big rigs screaming at kids," Bratt said.

For Priya Migneault, a 15-year-old who joined the Calgarians coming by bus to Edmonton, the planned counter-protest made it even more important for Thunberg to have supporters in the crowd.

"I really just want her to feel supported in Alberta and I want her to feel welcome," said Migneault, who is an organizer with the group Fridays for Future YYC. "I definitely don't think they [the United We Roll group] are the enemy. I think they're just expressing their opinion.

"I just don't want Greta to feel like she's alone in her fight for climate action in Alberta."

The picture with it had a man in a yellow vest with a bunch of kids in the background.
Old 10-18-2019, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FQ2 View Post
Good for her.