Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-18-2019, 10:09 AM

Sky is falling crows is strong again with more legalization happening. I'm still waiting for the sky to fall after Oct 17 last year.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Old 03-28-2020, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35 whelen View Post
I'd say prescription drugs are easier to get at than Edibles would be, probably more overdoses also

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Liquor cabinet is probably pretty accessible, too.
Old 03-28-2020, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertadave View Post
No he isn't.
Implying that a person is a hypocrite and irresponsible parent if they have a social beer or two with friends, or glass of wine with their wife, and at the same time tells their kid not to drink until they're a)mature enough to make their own decisions, and b)of legal age, is a load of crap.
Yup. Sounds like that household will tell them that masturbation and sex are evil too lol.
Old 03-28-2020, 01:06 PM

Just made a batch of infused coconut oil, recipe called for 1/4 ounce, I used 3/4 of an ounce. It came out really dark so I figure this will be Hi- Test so instead of two chocolates at bedtime hopefully one will suffice. No children in the house.
Old 03-28-2020, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cook View Post
Just made a batch of infused coconut oil, recipe called for 1/4 ounce, I used 3/4 of an ounce. It came out really dark so I figure this will be Hi- Test so instead of two chocolates at bedtime hopefully one will suffice. No children in the house.
good for you, I haven't tried making any yet. I want to experience the joy of edibles but they seem not to work so well for me. I have eaten up to 120mgs with out effect... on multiple occasions.

Now with govt regulations of a package being no more than 10mg I may need another mortgage to get enough goodies.

Mind you MOTA has a 600mg chocolate bar I may try
Old 03-28-2020, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhad View Post
good for you, I haven't tried making any yet. I want to experience the joy of edibles but they seem not to work so well for me. I have eaten up to 120mgs with out effect... on multiple occasions.

Now with govt regulations of a package being no more than 10mg I may need another mortgage to get enough goodies.

Mind you MOTA has a 600mg chocolate bar I may try
When we were out on our 10 day grocery restock we stopped at the dispensary and picked up some edibles yesterday. 2 chocolate bars and 5 gummies. The 10mg limit is disappointing but I’ll give them a shot tonight. Cost $32 for everything. Wife isn’t very experienced so I’m sure they’ll do the trick for her.

We’ve been in the States where it’s legal and were impressed with the selection. Can get pretty much anything in any doseage.

Next experiment is to get some oil and do some baking. Add a controlled amount to each piece and see how that goes. Wife has a gummy maker too.
Old 03-28-2020, 09:57 PM
Banned

My 7 year old and I already had the talk. Special chocolate bars are on the left and normal chocolate is on the right. Joking aside, anything legal comes in child proof containers. I haven’t tried the edibles yet but the legal weed containers are a pain to open. Surely edibles are no different
Old 03-28-2020, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Edibles are where most of the hospital visit overdoses are coming from.
Mmm... Ya.......no...........
Old 03-29-2020, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dweb View Post
Mmm... Ya.......no...........
Can’t people do a quick google search themselves. I missed the request.

So here go with an actual study.

https://annals.org/aim/article-abstr...vational-study

Edible products accounted for 10.7% of cannabis-attributable visits between 2014 and 2016 but represented only 0.32% of total cannabis sales in Colorado (in kilograms of tetrahydrocannabinol) during that period.

News picked it up also.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...hospital-study

A contribution of death by pot cookie.

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/848632

Already in Calgary there are a lot more hospital time used up by pot overdoses. More will come with edibles.

https://calgaryherald.com/cannabis/c...on-physicians/

Could lead to more pot addiction

https://marijuana-anonymous.org/pamp...ana-addiction/

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...rdose-too-much
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin

Last edited by Sundancefisher; 03-29-2020 at 08:05 AM.