Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-12-2010, 04:37 PM

Default Medicine Lake Gathering June 18-29

It is official we will be holding the next gathering at Medicine Lake Group Campground. The date will be June 18-20 2010. Any camping reservations will be dealt with by flygirl Please contact her with your confirmation of attendance and your unit information. She was kind enough to pay for the site her self. All costs for camping will be paid to her upon arrival at the gathering please. We will set up some sack races and what not for the kids. We would like to do prizes for all the kids. Now either we do a donation thing or we can charge an extra 10 bucks for camping fee's or whatever for a trip to the kids department store. But we will look at this a little more when we know how many kids and ages will be there.

Please post here:

Name
Number in group
Age Of Children
Pot Luck Contribution

Any suggestions of events or just in general please feel free to share them right here or send me a PM. I am looking forward to meeting new freinds and catching up with the old ones

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15h...ec&usp=sharing
Old 05-12-2010, 05:46 PM

Where is Medicine Lake?

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 05-12-2010, 06:52 PM

oops 18-20 that is

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15h...ec&usp=sharing
Old 05-12-2010, 07:17 PM

yeah where is medicine lake and what can you fish for there??
Old 05-12-2010, 07:43 PM

West of Rimbey.
North of Rocky on Hwy 22 watch for signage once you are north of Hwy 53.
Then east into.

Ken.

Love to Live, Live to Shoot
Live by the Gun...Die by the Gun...
Old 05-12-2010, 10:32 PM

I am in-no kids just me and Abbey. Will bring desserts and will donate for Kids prizes.

am close to there right now!
Old 05-16-2010, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjohnson View Post
yeah where is medicine lake and what can you fish for there??
Medicine lake is a Provincial campground 55 km north on hwy 22 from Rocky and 13 km east on a dirt road. It is well marked from both north and south. It has pike and perch in the lake. A long narrow body of water but fishable off shore, bait allowed. The campsite is a locked gate group site and away from the main campground. No power on site but it does have bathrooms( outhouse). You can fish right at the group site or at the main campground. The group site will hold aprox 9-12 units smallish or if creative parking ( tonyflyfish will help out here) maybe 15 units. cost...150.00 a night for first 5 units and 20.00 each additional unit. First come first in group site. Those comming late or we dont know about may have to camp in the main campground if there is no room for them. Close to Twin lakes ( rainbows) stocked, brood trout also fishable from shore. Those that are comming please let me know how many units and how many kids.
Old 05-16-2010, 06:33 PM

I stopped there today and took pics-I will send them to Flygirl and she can post. There are 12 HUGE site-8 of them would take two trailers!
Lots and lots of room.
I am not in charge of creative parking-I hate Cathy

T
aka-TLW-orm
Old 06-17-2010, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jts1 View Post
It is official we will be holding the next gathering at Medicine Lake Group Campground. The date will be June 18-20 2010. Any camping reservations will be dealt with by flygirl Please contact her with your confirmation of attendance and your unit information. She was kind enough to pay for the site her self. All costs for camping will be paid to her upon arrival at the gathering please. We will set up some sack races and what not for the kids. We would like to do prizes for all the kids. Now either we do a donation thing or we can charge an extra 10 bucks for camping fee's or whatever for a trip to the kids department store. But we will look at this a little more when we know how many kids and ages will be there.

Please post here:

Name
Number in group
Age Of Children
Pot Luck Contribution

Any suggestions of events or just in general please feel free to share them right here or send me a PM. I am looking forward to meeting new freinds and catching up with the old ones
Just in case I dont have time this eve to post>>>>> The whole idea of this gathering was for the kids and is to be kid orintated. I just want everyone to keep this in mind while at the gathering. Not that as adults we cant have fun but we must keep the kids uppermost in our mind for this weekend. Also remember we are in a Provincial campground and Provincial campground rules apply. Medicine Lake staff advised me that as long as no one complains than a little noise is acceptable after11pm. But if they can hear us at the reg camp site we will be shut down. If they hear us up there we are loud. I hope everyone that attends this function will have a wonderful time and we will try to keep the kids as busy as we can. Im just so sorry jst1 and mrsjst2 will not be there. Jeff is the life of the party and a great host. So I will see everyone there with bells on and fishing rods at the ready. The kids are going to have a blast....:sHa_shak eshout:
Old 06-17-2010, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flygirrl View Post
Just in case I dont have time this eve to post>>>>> The whole idea of this gathering was for the kids and is to be kid orintated. I just want everyone to keep this in mind while at the gathering. Not that as adults we cant have fun but we must keep the kids uppermost in our mind for this weekend. Also remember we are in a Provincial campground and Provincial campground rules apply. Medicine Lake staff advised me that as long as no one complains than a little noise is acceptable after11pm. But if they can hear us at the reg camp site we will be shut down. If they hear us up there we are loud. I hope everyone that attends this function will have a wonderful time and we will try to keep the kids as busy as we can. Im just so sorry jst1 and mrsjst2 will not be there. Jeff is the life of the party and a great host. So I will see everyone there with bells on and fishing rods at the ready. The kids are going to have a blast....:sHa_shak eshout:
Good thing Im a big kid!!!! I wont wear bells, but my fishing rod doesnt make much noise, cept when Im whuppin BBJ with it fishing!

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 06-17-2010, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
Good thing Im a big kid!!!! I wont wear bells, but my fishing rod doesnt make much noise, cept when Im whuppin BBJ with it fishing!
Wayne do you ever work
Old 06-17-2010, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flygirrl View Post
Wayne do you ever work
Im on holidays :P:P why do you think we are getting so much frikkin rain this week!!!!!!!!! I take full credit

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 06-17-2010, 11:39 AM

Default Holidays

I'm on holidays next week. Do I take the blame if the sun comes out and hot and or the rain keeps drowning our camping?
Old 06-17-2010, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
Im on holidays :P:P why do you think we are getting so much frikkin rain this week!!!!!!!!! I take full credit
Wait for it!!!! Wait for it!!!!!! Waaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiitt for it!!!
OK glad I got that out of my system.......