Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-09-2020, 03:20 PM

I’ve been avoiding these threads but whatever, let em judge me.

I’ve been dabbling in pure or mostly pure sativas lately. Mostly from ACE seeds but not entirely.

Neville’s Haze, Pineapple banana, Killer A5 Haze, last time. Flipped some Malawi to flower a few days ago for this run. Old timers haze and some pineapple banana next time.

I usually just run sunshine mix 4 and basic GH nutrients watered in when needed. Blumats take care of all the watering otherwise.

This time I’ve changed it up to a full organic soil mix. I’m happy so far but it’s early.

I don’t grow sativas for the yield, wispy open buds and small calyxes, worth it though.

Savage it sounds like a scrog would have suited you this run.
Old 07-09-2020, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgavey View Post
Just wondering how many members are like me who has never tried weed and has no interest in it whatsoever . Hey not knocking you guys who use, to each there own. Am I a odd ball or is there others who are like me?
I can’t speak for members but you’re not alone in general. I know a couple people who have never tried it. With that said though you’d be shocked to find out who partakes likely.
Old 07-09-2020, 03:34 PM

if anyone orders seeds from Seedhub, just send me the money I will at least tell you Im going to rip you off not just take your money and disappear like they did. Headz.ca is great

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 07-09-2020, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Bacon View Post
Last night I finally found a use for my 20 lb. fishing line I bought years ago when I was going to become a professional fisherman. It seemed that every day her branches were sagging lower and lower. Well last night I had enough and tied up some supports.

Her name is Moe. She is a Hindu kush indica. I'm trying something new with this set up and really didn't know what to expect. I'll have better support set up next time. Usually I grow my plants quite a bit smaller. I'll tell you, when I was done, I had sticky fingers.

I have some outdoor goodies that are starting to come along as well.

Are you guys growing anything? How are they coming along?
Just gonna say from the looks of the pic mmmmmmmmm PURPLE HAZE lol
Old 07-09-2020, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbless View Post
Just gonna say from the looks of the pic mmmmmmmmm PURPLE HAZE lol
There's some sticky icky icky in there for sure lol. I don't know how to add bigger, clear pics. The buds are kinda sparkly. Like diamonds, not like our turdo.
Old 07-09-2020, 06:05 PM

Anybody growing auto flowers this year?
Old 07-09-2020, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfng View Post
I’ve been avoiding these threads but whatever, let em judge me.

I’ve been dabbling in pure or mostly pure sativas lately. Mostly from ACE seeds but not entirely.

Neville’s Haze, Pineapple banana, Killer A5 Haze, last time. Flipped some Malawi to flower a few days ago for this run. Old timers haze and some pineapple banana next time.

I usually just run sunshine mix 4 and basic GH nutrients watered in when needed. Blumats take care of all the watering otherwise.

This time I’ve changed it up to a full organic soil mix. I’m happy so far but it’s early.

I don’t grow sativas for the yield, wispy open buds and small calyxes, worth it though.

Savage it sounds like a scrog would have suited you this run.
I did use a 6x6" squared netting that I doubled up so the holes are around 3x3" which works really well. I was able to get a nice flat canopy. The issue i ran into was that i didn't have as much depth as i had width. So looking down on her you can see she has an extreme rectangle shape. I haven't grown this strain yet so I wasn't sure how much it would shoot up when I switched to flower. I should have made another net about a foot higher for support. I have more material so my next grow will have the second net.

Also with this strain I would flower a bit sooner next time. For years I grew 4 plants in this area. This one plant was an experiment. Now I'm debating cutting the gun room in half so I can grow 4 of these at a time lol.
Old 07-10-2020, 01:46 AM

I got three plants of Ak 47 going out side on our ranch in five gallon pails with some good potting soil their doing great so far not as pretty as the op but they coming along lol
Old 07-10-2020, 08:41 AM

Who is the breeder of that Ak47 Jeffreys?

I’ve grown some Ak47 from Serious seeds. I enjoyed it and kinda regret not making seed.
Old 07-10-2020, 08:45 AM

Savage I hear you on the stretch. That pineapple banana stretched over 3X maybe 4. An even canopy was out of the question.
Old 07-10-2020, 08:55 AM

I have autos going now outside. a lemon skunk, sour diesel, blueberry, and a straight CBD. A little more sun would have been nice but it's still looking ok.

The lemon skunk is from a seed I made by selfing another one. I shared a bunch with folks and they seem to be growing well too.

Auto's are perfect for an Alberta summer, a private sunny spot and you are golden.
Old 07-10-2020, 09:30 AM

My gear all packed away. House on the market.

I do the heavy supper cropping. One plant to fill a 4 x 4 canopy. After chasing the first with string and wires, I built a stackable frame to wire across for support. My last few were hydro, last one with root sprayers. My controls are Esp32 based, working now on web interface. I’ve tried a few varieties, but really like the tight buds I get with widow. My 2 year old cure is so smooth.
Old 07-10-2020, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyAlberta View Post
My gear all packed away. House on the market.

I do the heavy supper cropping. One plant to fill a 4 x 4 canopy. After chasing the first with string and wires, I built a stackable frame to wire across for support. My last few were hydro, last one with root sprayers. My controls are Esp32 based, working now on web interface. I’ve tried a few varieties, but really like the tight buds I get with widow. My 2 year old cure is so smooth.
Whats your system for curing after harvesting? That is something I will be doing this time. I think I'm still 2 weeks away from harvesting. I have a microscope to check out my tricombs but it's too powerful. I have to get way too close. Today I might pick up a jewlers loupe to get a better look.

I used to just go by weeks and hair colour. Now I'm starting to read the plants more.
Old 07-10-2020, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Savage I hear you on the stretch. That pineapple banana stretched over 3X maybe 4. An even canopy was out of the question.
I put my scrog net 8" above the pot and had her spread out evenly covering roughly a 2x3 foot area. I just measured now and she is 21" above the net. So right now she is 3" short of tripling her height. Next time I grow this strain I'll have a second scrog net set up about a foot higher. I knew she would double in size. Didn't expect her to triple in size.
Old 07-10-2020, 11:02 AM

Here's a couple we have in the greenhouse. First one is the same strain as Moe grown from seed. Second one is a clipping we took off Moe that we knew would be under the canopy and not getting any light. I had them in Moe's room so they started to flower before we got them outside. That's why they shot up so tall. But meh we're not worried. Let them grow as tall as they want. I'll cut holes in the greenhouse roof if we have to lol.

Again sorry for low quality. I don't know how to add better pics. And I don't have a computer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20200710-105556_Gallery.jpg (23.8 KB, 127 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20200710-105605_Gallery.jpg (27.0 KB, 113 views)
Old 07-10-2020, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Whats your system for curing after harvesting? That is something I will be doing this time. I think I'm still 2 weeks away from harvesting. I have a microscope to check out my tricombs but it's too powerful. I have to get way too close. Today I might pick up a jewlers loupe to get a better look.

I used to just go by weeks and hair colour. Now I'm starting to read the plants more.
Cut and trim, hang to dry, jar. Store in cool dark. Tight bud needs to dry a bit more before jarring. Crumbly on the outside, but still pliable. Once jarred, takes about 5 days to evaluate average moisture content. I like mine a bit drier than pouch tobacco.

Last edited by MyAlberta; 07-10-2020 at 11:39 AM.
Old 07-15-2020, 11:47 AM

I'm at 7 weeks in flower stage today. Most of her tricombs are cloudy. I think I'll be harvesting next Wednesday. A little flush in a couple of days and then some water and I'll be hanging up my new air fresheners!!
Old 07-15-2020, 11:54 AM

Hey tfng I wanna day I ordered the seeds from somoa seeds or something along those lines
Old 07-15-2020, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Have you tried bending? It takes a skilled hand for sure but it can be very beneficial to achieving an even canopy (as even as you can get) You allways get that one or two that rocket up past all the others making setting the height of your light a pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tungsten, View Post
I wouldn’t bother with the Advanced over priced stuff.
There is a reason why it's so spendy, it will be obvious on harvest day why. You will notice a BIG difference when you weigh it up. You can buy engine oil for $.99 a litre from Wally-World or you can pay about $5 for synthetic, which one is better for your engine? Obviously the more expensive stuff. It costs more for a reason. Use it for one cycle and I'll bet dollars to donuts you don't go back to the cheap stuff. It's worth EVERY penny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
man there is a science to this...and I thought pot heads were well just that...pot heads....dam smart scientists I say.
A lot of old timers can't differentiate between a casual smoker who smokes one every couple of days and the chronic stoner that has to be lit all the live long day, they think every smoker is a stoner. Funny, a lot of those same old timers will throw rocks as they don't take any days off from drinking. Everything in moderation

Quote:
Originally Posted by aulrich View Post
I have autos going now outside. a lemon skunk, sour diesel, blueberry, and a straight CBD. A little more sun would have been nice but it's still looking ok.
I've run Sour Diesel before, it's a nice smoke and a good producer. I would definitely recommend that strain.

Quote:
I have a microscope to check out my tricombs but it's too powerful. I have to get way too close. Today I might pick up a jewlers loupe to get a better look.

I have about 8 or 10 different magnifying glasses & microscope's all for different purposes.
Your plants will tell you everything you need to know, you just have to know how to read them properly. I inspect my foliage, stems and roots daily with a magnifying glass.

Quote:
I'm at 7 weeks in flower stage today. Most of her tricombs are cloudy.
That's when it's time to start getting excited and see the fruits of your labor. Congrats! Sure is a fun little hobby isn't it? I know a couple people that grow their 4 and don't even like the stuff, they grow just purely for the hobby aspect.

I thoroughly enjoy my time in my room, the end result is just a bonus. If people knew how much fun it is to grow I suspect a lot more people would do it. I think a lot more will take it up as the stigmas disappear.

I hope nobody's is throwing their scraps away? Buy some Bubble Bags and use ALL your foliage.

https://hydro-lite.com/products/trac...1729c532&_ss=r
Old 07-15-2020, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Anybody growing auto flowers this year?
Ive got a pineapple xpress, purple lemonade and lowrider autos on the go
Old 07-15-2020, 02:01 PM

I thought this thread was about Rider fans when I read the title
Old 07-15-2020, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgeboy1979 View Post
Ive got a pineapple xpress, purple lemonade and lowrider autos on the go
Hey man that beer you invited me for a while back just started sounding better lol. Let us know how those autos work out.
Old 07-15-2020, 03:12 PM

Does it all outdoors. I tied them down, I squished stems so they would flop over. I’ve run a scrog. The thing is I grow from seed and often different varieties so nothing is ever consistent. I do what I can. At one time I had Neville’s haze growing with Ak47 ha.

I like topping them and having 4 main colas.
Old 07-15-2020, 03:22 PM

[QUOTE=does it ALL outdoors;4203371]

I hope nobody's is throwing their scraps away? Buy some Bubble Bags and use ALL your foliage.

Nope not wasting anything. With all that sparkly goodness covering everything. I couldn't bare to waste it.
Old 07-15-2020, 03:44 PM

[QUOTE=Savage Bacon;4203432]
Quote:
Originally Posted by does it ALL outdoors View Post

Nope not wasting anything. With all that sparkly goodness covering everything. I couldn't bare to waste it.
I make gummies out of the trimmings and sugar leaves.
Old 07-15-2020, 04:37 PM

Quote:
I'm at 7 weeks in flower stage today. Most of her tricombs are cloudy. I think I'll be harvesting next Wednesday. A little flush in a couple of days and then some water and I'll be hanging up my new air fresheners!!
For the nicest bright high you should harvest when the trichromes are just starting to turn opaque. Once the trichromes are cloudy you will have a more narcotic couch high.

Reading all the posts is fun. I have only ever grown in dirt outdoors with great success. Started plants in February in the house and moved them outdoors in May. Harvest first week of September. I never add anything to the soil. Just good old black loam, water and sunlight does just fine.
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets
Old 07-15-2020, 09:36 PM

There is a reason why it's so spendy, it will be obvious on harvest day why. You will notice a BIG difference when you weigh it up. You can buy engine oil for $.99 a litre from Wally-World or you can pay about $5 for synthetic, which one is better for your engine? Obviously the more expensive stuff. It costs more for a reason. Use it for one cycle and I'll bet dollars to donuts you don't go back to the cheap stuff. It's worth EVERY penny.
Unable to quote so I just copied it.

NPK is NPK, as long as all the micro and macro nutes are there it’s all the same.$12 worth lasts me a long time. My tomatoes and cucumbers are getting some of it now as I don’t know how old it is. It’s not what you buy it’s how you use it.
Old 07-16-2020, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tungsten, View Post
Unable to quote so I just copied it.

NPK is NPK, as long as all the micro and macro nutes are there it’s all the same.$12 worth lasts me a long time. My tomatoes and cucumbers are getting some of it now as I don’t know how old it is. It’s not what you buy it’s how you use it.
Do you check your water ph levels?
Old 07-16-2020, 11:10 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by does it ALL outdoors View Post
Have you tried bending? It takes a skilled hand for sure but it can be very beneficial to achieving an even canopy (as even as you can get) You allways get that one or two that rocket up past all the others making setting the height of your light a pain.

A lot of old timers can't differentiate between a casual smoker who smokes one every couple of days and the chronic stoner that has to be lit all the live long day, they think every smoker is a stoner. Funny, a lot of those same old timers will throw rocks as they don't take any days off from drinking. Everything in moderation

I've run Sour Diesel before, it's a nice smoke and a good producer. I would definitely recommend that strain.

I have about 8 or 10 different magnifying glasses & microscope's all for different purposes.
Your plants will tell you everything you need to know, you just have to know how to read them properly. I inspect my foliage, stems and roots daily with a magnifying glass.

That's when it's time to start getting excited and see the fruits of your labor. Congrats! Sure is a fun little hobby isn't it? I know a couple people that grow their 4 and don't even like the stuff, they grow just purely for the hobby aspect.

I thoroughly enjoy my time in my room, the end result is just a bonus. If people knew how much fun it is to grow I suspect a lot more people would do it. I think a lot more will take it up as the stigmas disappear.

https://hydro-lite.com/products/trac...1729c532&_ss=r
hmmm I was just complimenting the enthusiasts in this is all not comparing age or thoughts from people from various age groups....that could be detrimental to the grow op...

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 07-16-2020, 12:08 PM