Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-12-2023, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen moa View Post
Just saying.
You don’t need two evil sides to have a war.
Heck ya. Truth.
Old 10-12-2023, 09:21 PM

IDF told UN staff to leave certain areas by tomorrow. Dropped leaflets to the area residents say the same thing. IDF staging fast in Sderot. Likely ground invasion tomorrow. Additional pummeling of the area from above today.

IDF doesn’t seem to be hiding their plans so either they are going shortly or subterfuge it hard at work.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 10-12-2023, 09:45 PM

Default VERY, VERY, VERY, Graphic imagery

BATRA'S BURNING QUESTIONS: How can you be a Canadian and support Hamas?
Author of the article:Postmedia News
Published Oct 12, 2023

VERY, VERY, VERY, Graphic imagery!

https://youtu.be/tDtPVWbP2WM?si=1Wfv-lHtlsOC6U-R

And yet some still support these Savages? Shame on you.
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 10-12-2023, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W921 View Post
So could this have been Iran,China using Hamas to destroy Saudi, Israeli peace deal?
Is this about getting away from American dollar as world currency?
Some say Chinese trying to make huge investment deal with Saudi Arabia and using Chinese currency to do it. Americans countered with condition of Israeli peace deal which is now in toilet because of current events.
Thoughts?
Quite possible….May be even Putin has something to do with that. This war will take away the world attention and help from Ukraine. Nobody knows….

Last edited by KGB; 10-12-2023 at 10:06 PM.
Old 10-12-2023, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
IDF told UN staff to leave certain areas by tomorrow. Dropped leaflets to the area residents say the same thing. IDF staging fast in Sderot. Likely ground invasion tomorrow. Additional pummeling of the area from above today.

IDF doesn’t seem to be hiding their plans so either they are going shortly or subterfuge it hard at work.
Street fighting is particularly nasty business, this is going to be messy.

Grizz

Isaiah 5:8
Old 10-12-2023, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roper1 View Post
You are way over thinking this. There is just no way even one Israeli knew this was coming. Think this over. Israel wants peace with their Arab neighbors, Saudi Arabia still the big Kahuna, the rest of the middle east dislikes Iran also.
It gets tiresome being right all of the time:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-67082047
Old 10-12-2023, 10:55 PM

IDF just warned all civilians to leave Gaza City immediately, and flee south. That’s 1 million people.
Old 10-12-2023, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIceTitan View Post
It gets tiresome being right all of the time:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-67082047
I feel for you having to deal with that much talent.

How many warnings daily does the US receive? How many before 911? Do you really think Bush let it happen?

You think Netenyahu wanted this on his watch? You really have that much faith in a newspaper account with Israelis raped, murdered, tortured?

You can, you should, & if you're brave enough to start, you will. Stephen King
Old 10-13-2023, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roper1 View Post
I feel for you having to deal with that much talent.

How many warnings daily does the US receive? How many before 911? Do you really think Bush let it happen?

You think Netenyahu wanted this on his watch? You really have that much faith in a newspaper account with Israelis raped, murdered, tortured?
Simple: someone lower down in the command/intel structure kept it from reaching the top so that subsequent events would force them to deal with Hamas/Gaza once and for all. This is just as likely as Israel being totally unaware and getting caught with their pants down.
Old 10-13-2023, 03:13 AM

Ugh. Some late night, half drunken musings. Take it for what you will.

First. War is hell. This isn’t war however. Yet. Seeing innocent people slaughtered is absolutely heartbreaking. I don’t care about race, religion, orientation or boarders. It just sucks. That includes both sides.

However, justice must be served, and I respect greatly Israel’s restraint thus far.

Now, while I feel pity for the folks in Gaza, I also do not either.

Hamas was elected and supported (for better or worse).

Here’s my issue. Israel is capable of notifying innocent citizens to evacuate area’s prior to an air strike in order to minimize collateral damage. Likely the only fighting force in human history to enact such humanitarian actions.

Yet…..a far out of character Hamas, highly equipped, highly trained and highly organized attack went unnoticed? Under Israel’s nose. Not one Palestinian out of 2.4 million noticed, cared to text or call back. Not one? Hmmmm. Something smells. Not one.

Four years of relative world peace under Trump starved the military industrial complex. Now replaced by an incompetent/corrupt (?) Biden administration that has seen war erupt in a corrupt nation he and his family have deep ties with, then now this?

I could be totally out to lunch here, but it wouldn’t surprise me one bit to find out that the Biden administration in one way or another, funded/supported this horrific attack. The $6b to Iran just makes them a fall guy. The election is coming and follow the money. Gotta look presidential and all…

End of day, I’m with SNS2. Starve the bastards out until the hostages are released.

Then make it a parking lot. The high road just means deeper ditches. Time to get dirty. They’ve made their bed.

Tree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-13-2023, 05:25 AM

Hamas is Palestine and Gaza. They're all the same. Create an exit to Egypt for the Hamas women and children, then completely level Gaza.
Old 10-13-2023, 06:42 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armorman View Post
Hamas is Palestine and Gaza. They're all the same. Create an exit to Egypt for the Hamas women and children, then completely level Gaza.
Then occupy, rebuild, police and govern 100 percent if not well it just goes back to where it is today.

We have seen that before.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 10-13-2023, 07:20 AM

Terrorists can't be reasoned with, or bargained with, they have to be eliminated or removed from the situation permanently. As long as Hamas exists in the area, this will never end.
Old 10-13-2023, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
IDF just warned all civilians to leave Gaza City immediately, and flee south. That’s 1 million people.
A lot of those are aid workers trying to help the Palestinians, caught in the middle. Betting the Israelis seal of the Egyptian border to keep Hamas fighters from escaping. You have our hostages? no food, water or electricity for you and if it affects the general population, too bad, turn around is fair play.

Grizz

Old 10-13-2023, 08:19 AM

Golda Meir PM of Israel in the 50s quote.

"We can forgive the Arabs for killing our children. We cannot forgive them for forcing us to kill their children. We will only have peace with the Arabs when they love their children more than they hate us.”

This is the biggest issue with Palestinians, they are brought up bring told killing Jews is acceptable, only hate.

When you are dealing with a group that's whole existence is to kill you, what choices do you have?

Good article here from a Palestinian.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...FEcVWJUMbPqTVR
Old 10-13-2023, 08:23 AM

Default The term Hudna

is a temporary peace used when you are losing a war , not invoked longer than a maximum of 10 years. Then when you are stronger,violate the "peace"and attack the enemy again. All Islam understands is unrelenting brute force, a treaty with an infidel isn't worth the paper it's written on. The PLO under Arafat used this trick several times. How did that turn out........remember ?
Old 10-13-2023, 08:42 AM

Default What is the plan that HAMAS is working on?

Well it can't be war, no one has been able to beat the Israelis yet, so what then? Well if you can be horrible enough to get the Jews to over react by themselves killing innocent people, then maybe Israel will lose the support of its allies.

We need to know where all the missiles came from and ho paid for them.

I wouldn't give any credit to conspiracy theories, this has been going on since about 1945 and won't stop until there is a Palestinian state, with a stable government.

Many thanks to the mods, this must be very hard for you.
Old 10-13-2023, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by densa44 View Post
Well it can't be war, no one has been able to beat the Israelis yet, so what then? Well if you can be horrible enough to get the Jews to over react by themselves killing innocent people, then maybe Israel will lose the support of its allies.

We need to know where all the missiles came from and ho paid for them.

I wouldn't give any credit to conspiracy theories, this has been going on since about 1945 and won't stop until there is a Palestinian state, with a stable government.

Many thanks to the mods, this must be very hard for you.
Very likely, money meant for humanitarian aid was used to buy munitions used in the attack and some of it may have come from Canada.
Old 10-13-2023, 09:38 AM

‘Humanitarian’ aid money - including Canadian taxpayer contributions - have enabled Gaza’s citizens to limp along with the bare necessities. Freeing Hamas to spend their $$$ and attention on other matters…..

Our government insists that they have safeguards in place, and vetted, trustworthy people in charge, to ensure that ‘no Canadian aid dollars goes directly into the hands of Hamas’.

And if our government says so, who are we to question it?
Old 10-13-2023, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Very likely, money meant for humanitarian aid was used to buy munitions used in the attack and some of it may have come from Canada.
Iran is the major supporter in that department, just top keep the pot stirred. Gaza being an isolated conclave, they must have been smuggled in from Egypt ? Hamas has developed their own junk yard rocket industry, that's what they have been launching at Israel, but the sheer number involved now makes one wonder if that has changed. Assault by hang glider ? That has to be a First.

Grizz

Last edited by Grizzly Adams1; 10-13-2023 at 09:52 AM.
Old 10-13-2023, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman1978 View Post
Sickening, well there are Hamas rally’s in Edmonton and Calgary for everyone to join in. Maybe Justin and friends can attend
^and I know Edmonton and Calgary are not cesspools, but Toronto is?

I think anything that could be considered support for Hamas (=pro-Palestinian) should be carefully considered in the foreseeable future. There are people coming at this topic with varying degrees of understanding of it, like NDP MP Sarah Jama here in Ontario. Having an opinion about the situation Palestinians find themselves in in Gaza is one thing, talking about Hamas like liberators while Jewish blood is still in the streets=maybe not the greatest political move.

Hamas sending 1,000 of their fighters into Israel to kill unarmed civilians says to me that they not only want all Jews dead, they're OK with the resulting onslaught from Israel killing countless Palestinians too. In fact, that's believed to be the plan. Apparently Israel urged people in Gaza to move south in advance of the assault on Hamas targets, and Hamas have done what they can to prevent that from happening. There is a reason they stockpile weapons near large civilian populations.

While I think Hamas can't be gouged-out of Gaza like a cancerous tumor, Israel is showing the world what happens when you poke the bear. Hopefully the big boat off the coast will keep Hezbollah from moving into Israel from the north in any meaningful way. The US could put a major smack-down on that.

Praying for peace,
GH
Old 10-13-2023, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhogger View Post
^and I know Edmonton and Calgary are not cesspools, but Toronto is?

I think anything that could be considered support for Hamas (=pro-Palestinian) should be carefully considered in the foreseeable future. There are people coming at this topic with varying degrees of understanding of it, like NDP MP Sarah Jama here in Ontario. Having an opinion about the situation Palestinians find themselves in in Gaza is one thing, talking about Hamas like liberators while Jewish blood is still in the streets=maybe not the greatest political move.

Hamas sending 1,000 of their fighters into Israel to kill unarmed civilians says to me that they not only want all Jews dead, they're OK with the resulting onslaught from Israel killing countless Palestinians too. In fact, that's believed to be the plan. Apparently Israel urged people in Gaza to move south in advance of the assault on Hamas targets, and Hamas have done what they can to prevent that from happening. There is a reason they stockpile weapons near large civilian populations.

While I think Hamas can't be gouged-out of Gaza like a cancerous tumor, Israel is showing the world what happens when you poke the bear. Hopefully the big boat off the coast will keep Hezbollah from moving into Israel from the north in any meaningful way. The US could put a major smack-down on that.

Praying for peace,
GH

There will be no peace in that region of the world until either one or both sides are completely destroyed. Even then - it may continue. There's been fighting there for thousands of years.

Troubling for sure - but I think its naïve to believe that they could just meet and agree to disagree.

This will continue as it has for centuries.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war"
Old 10-13-2023, 10:52 AM

11 am this morning is the northern Gaza deadline to have evacuated the area and moved south.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 10-13-2023, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jef612 View Post

Troubling for sure - but I think its naïve to believe that they could just meet and agree to disagree.

This will continue as it has for centuries.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war"
I don't believe that to be entirely true.
But here is the problem;
If all members of Hamas laid down their arms, Isreal would stop the attacks.
If Israeli fighters lay down their arms, they would all be dead.

How do you deal with that?
Old 10-13-2023, 12:06 PM

An interesting perspective on things. Hope cooler heads prevail.

https://apple.news/AIk0WY67mSZOAFd19isVx4g
Old 10-13-2023, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by britman101 View Post
An interesting perspective on things. Hope cooler heads prevail.

https://apple.news/AIk0WY67mSZOAFd19isVx4g
From the BBC, Another. He who Sows the Wind shall reap the Whirlwind. For you biblical types.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-67097124

Old 10-13-2023, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
‘Humanitarian’ aid money - including Canadian taxpayer contributions - have enabled Gaza’s citizens to limp along with the bare necessities. Freeing Hamas to spend their $$$ and attention on other matters…..

Our government insists that they have safeguards in place, and vetted, trustworthy people in charge, to ensure that ‘no Canadian aid dollars goes directly into the hands of Hamas’.

And if our government says so, who are we to question it?
Just like they vet the savages that support Hamas that they let into this country. Sickening display by some.

Thomas Sowell
Old 10-13-2023, 12:27 PM

when the 300,000 troops get moving there's not going to be any prisoners of war. Just some real hot barrels. No mercy ,wipe the lizards out.
Old 10-13-2023, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
100 Million Euros from the EU to put in 30 miles of water pipes as humanitarian support. Then their "government" digs up the pipes and turns them into weapons to launch into Israel. I think that shows how much they are concerned about their own people.

https://youtu.be/MvvqBcA-9yA?si=GkJPq0atDwcnb8Gx
Old 10-13-2023, 02:13 PM

Going to take a sec to rant on the U.N.
They are a useless and very sick group, no wonder Justin has aspirations of leading them someday.

The U.N. will still not label Hamas as a terrorist group, and they are keen to criticize the Israeli response so far.

That António Guterres, the secretary general of the U.N. is a goof and really bothers me. He ran Portugal into the ground with his pathetic socialism before finding a home at the U.N. The U.N. has gone from worthless to dangerous.