Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-17-2024, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathfinder76 View Post
Do I have to like Zielinski to make you think I don’t like Putin?
Exactly, I don't like either of them, and I don't like Trump or Biden either, but I do recognize that some of these characters are less damaging to the world than others. Some have prevented wars, and some have started wars, but that doesn't mean that any of them are good people.
Old 02-17-2024, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Do I have to like Zielinski to make you think I don’t like Putin?
You can like or dislike whomever you please. The value of being Canadian… even led by a poor leader like Trudeau is important context.

Under Putin you can’t. Even the priest who was doing a memorial ceremony for Navalny was detained by police. People going to make shift memorials are being arrested by police. Holding a protest over his death makes you subject to arrest.

That doesn’t happen in Canada. One needs to realize what Putin stands for is so egregious, it pales in comparison to any of the crap Justin has done.

It’s the statement made that was troubling.

When someone says they like Putin more… it’s extremely odd and maybe based more on emotion than acknowledging how bad Putin truly is.

Quote:
Exactly. I really wonder what Trudeau would do if he was the ruler of Russia?
Trudeau is a horrible leader as he proves over and over again. Putin is magnitudes worse still. Russian people would be way better off with any western leader at the helm versus Putin. He is a tyrant of massive proportions.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 02-17-2024, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Exactly, I don't like either of them, and I don't like Trump or Biden either, but I do recognize that some of these characters are less damaging to the world than others. Some have prevented wars, and some have started wars, but that doesn't mean that any of them are good people.
I really wonder what Trudeau would do if he was the ruler of Russia? Or China for that matter.

-Billy Molls
Old 02-17-2024, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
You can like or dislike whomever you please. The value of being Canadian… even led by a poor leader like Trudeau is important context.

Under Putin you can’t. Even the priest who was doing a memorial ceremony for Navalny was detained by police. People going to make shift memorials are being arrested by police. Holding a protest over his death makes you subject to arrest.

That doesn’t happen in Canada. One needs to realize what Putin stands for is so egregious, it pales in comparison to any of the crap Justin has done.

When someone says they like Putin more… it’s extremely odd and maybe based more on emotion than acknowledging how bad Putin truly is.
Wasn’t their men of the cloth detained in Canada over the last few years?

-Billy Molls
Old 02-17-2024, 09:48 AM

Quote:

When someone says they like Putin more… it’s extremely odd and maybe based more on emotion than
acknowledging how bad Putin truly is.

Trudeau is a horrible leader as he proves over and over again. Putin is magnitudes worse still. Russian people would be way better off with any western leader at the helm versus Putin. He is a tyrant of massive proportions.
In Canada protesting against the government can get you arrested and held without bail, and your bank accounts seized. We have political prisoners as well, the four arrested at Coutts that were held without bail, and without troal for two years. And we have now lost our freedom of speech, and our social media is censored. The freedom to travel and visit certain businesses was suspended, and people were forced to be vaccinated or lose their jobs. All of this did not exist in Canada before the current government. If they can do that in only 8 years, what would they do in 20 years?
Old 02-17-2024, 09:51 AM

Quote:
I really wonder what Trudeau would do if he was the ruler of Russia? Or China for that matter.
Trudeau will do whatever he thinks that he can get away with, if he had the power that Putin or the Chinese leader have, we would have already had most of our rights taken away, instead of just some of them.
Old 02-17-2024, 10:09 AM

Quote:
In Canada protesting against the government can get you arrested and held without bail, and your bank accounts seized. We have political prisoners as well, the four arrested at Coutts that were held without bail, and without troal for two years. And we have now lost our freedom of speech, and our social media is censored. The freedom to travel and visit certain businesses was suspended, and people were forced to be vaccinated or lose their jobs. All of this did not exist in Canada before the current government. If they can do that in only 8 years, what would they do in 20 years?
Can point to a one off stupid use of the Emergencies Act… however that’s not the norm. In Russia it’s the norm.

Pandemic responses were prior to Covid an unknown best practices plan. Plans were made on the fly. Lots of data was collected and it’s being evaluated as to what worked and why. Irrespective of whether some think it was a fictitious virus, a conspiracy to install tracking chips or what have you… it was an isolated event in time and also not the daily norm in society. People are back to doing what they want.

Social media is an evolving world now especially with AI. Not sure about you but I’ve said lots of negative stuff about Trudeau online and still no Men in Black at the door.

In Canada… many issues of what you are concerned about can be fixed at the next election. In Russia it’s guaranteed Putin will win. In North America our elections are fair.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 02-17-2024, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Can point to a one off stupid use of the Emergencies Act… however that’s not the norm. In Russia it’s the norm.

Pandemic responses were prior to Covid an unknown best practices plan. Plans were made on the fly. Lots of data was collected and it’s being evaluated as to what worked and why. Irrespective of whether some think it was a fictitious virus, a conspiracy to install tracking chips or what have you… it was an isolated event in time
and also not the daily norm in society. People are back to doing what they want.

Social media is an evolving world now especially with AI. Not sure about you but I’ve said lots of negative stuff about Trudeau online and still no Men in Black at the door.

In Canada… many issues of what you are concerned about can be fixed at the next election. In Russia it’s
guaranteed Putin will win. In North America our elections
are fair.
The point is, everything that I mentioned did occur in Canada, and some people are still suffering the effects. As for elections, the Chinese did interfere in our elections, and there were over 200,000 votes not counted. Now Trudeau is working on changing the election system to try and use it to his advantage. And even wirh no change, we don't have fair representation across Canada, some locations have more seats per population, to give them more power.
Old 02-17-2024, 10:24 AM

Quote:
The point is, everything that I mentioned did occur in Canada, and some people are still suffering the effects. As for elections, the Chinese did interfere in our elections, and there were over 200,000 votes not counted. Now Trudeau is working on changing the election system to try and use it to his advantage. And even wirh no change, we don't have fair representation across Canada, some locations have more seats per population, to give them more power.
Fair enough.

My point was these were one offs. Putin’s a permanent and long lasting thing. Not comparable in the same category of dictatorship.

Would Trudeau take away more and more freedoms if it benefited his re-election? Trump and Trudeau would likely do that. Trudeau is a scummy leader. Next election he is gone. Fingers crossed.
Old 02-17-2024, 10:27 AM

it was an isolated event in time and also not the daily norm in society. People are back to doing what they want

I'd argue the opposite, we're still paying the price for short sighted , stupid decisions made on the fly. A bunch of Canadian companies now suing the government because they were led to believe there was a pressing need for PPEs and then they got left holding the bag in favor of what became a Chinese source. Something is wrong with this picture.

Isaiah 5:8
Old 02-17-2024, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Fair enough.

My point was these were one offs. Putin’s a permanent and long lasting thing. Not comparable in the same category of dictatorship.

Would Trudeau take away more and more freedoms if it benefited his re-election? Trump and Trudeau would likely do that. Trudeau is a scummy leader. Next election he is gone. Fingers crossed.
All of this started within the last few years, so we have no idea if there will be repeat incidents, and calling them one offs is premature. A person has to be pretty naive to trust that Trudeau won't do whatever he thinks that he can get away with. If he had the powder that Putin has, he would likely have used it ,just as Putin does.
Old 02-17-2024, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams1 View Post
it was an isolated event in time and also not the daily norm in society. People are back to doing what they want

I'd argue the opposite, we're still paying the price for short sighted , stupid decisions made on the fly. A bunch of Canadian companies now suing the government because they were led to believe there was a pressing need for PPEs and then they got left holding the bag in favor of what became a Chinese source. Something is wrong with this picture.
There are hold over issues. Some things worked and some didn’t. Some problems with timing and starting or removing restrictions. There has been lessons learned as to what worked and didn’t work to help. Liberals have over the history showed nepotism. Liberals should be gone and some stuff fixed.

But I challenge anyone who tries to compare Canada in the same vein as Russia… even Trudeau in the same light as equal or worse than Putin. Anyone who thinks living in Russia is better than Canada.
Old 02-17-2024, 10:37 AM

Surprised Navalny lasted this long, it was always a given that he'd never leave a Russian jail alive. He was probably allowed to live while Putin & friends thought he could be useful for some form of optic, suspect he was more of an afterthought. Putin has reached the point where he doesn't have to care a whole lot about the optics anymore. Arrest warrant out for Baltic prime ministers for knocking down Soviet statues kinda says it all, along with a few other choice pet projects of his.

Hurry up and wait to see if Trump will still be allowed on the ballot in the US, or if the Republicans can still get a majority this fall, or get abandoned instead, or how much more credibility the US can lose thru either party.

Can't accuse it of being dull at least.
Old 02-17-2024, 11:22 AM

Putin should never be in charge of anything but daily garbage detail, Trudeau should be the night shift of garbage detail, Trump, Biden, Clinton, Michelle Obama, etc, etc, should be driving the garbage trucks wearing leg chains.
You do know that whoever gets into power anywhere in the world today…they are crooked beyond our imaginations can imagine….there all summed up!
Zip

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 02-17-2024, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Fair enough.

They are one off’s because of the country we are in. I’m not sure why that is so hard to understand. What is shocking is what he is able to get away with.

-Billy Molls
Old 02-17-2024, 12:05 PM

For those of who is interested in somebody else’s opinion/analyzes but his own, here is a Google translated copy of one analyzes from Telegram that was sent to me this morning:

The main mystery, which now most likely will simply not be known, is under whose guarantees and under what project Navalny returned in 2021. Most likely, the Mandela project was envisaged with a ceremonial release from prison and immediately with the presidency in early elections. But for this, of course, a little was required - for the place to which he flew to become free.

It is clear that such guarantees and such a project could only be internal to Russia (with mandatory information to external sponsors, of course). And these had to be people from the closest circle and with a power component. Who no longer saw any other way to jump out of the situation in which they found themselves thanks to the obviously gone leader. With such introductory candidates, there are not so many candidates for guarantees - at most ten people. Or even less.

However, the nuance is that the Russian management system is no longer capable of implementing any projects. At all. It has degenerated below the point beyond which any project can be completed. The same Putin, having launched the power transfer project in January 2020, was forced to curtail it by April-May of the same year and feverishly move on to ridiculous improvisations with “zeroing”, which was not at all intended at first.

Navalny's return was so openly and deliberately that even a complete downer would have become worried - what, exactly, is happening? And since such a question arose, then most likely the designers and guarantors were identified quickly and efficiently. At the same time, you need to understand the specific feature of the current Russian nobility: these are quite old people. This means they are psychologically incapable of making risky and unconventional decisions. Unable to show ordinary courage. Therefore, when something went wrong, they did not take risks and did not go all-in. That's where everything went wrong.

This inability to go all-in when everything is on the line is understandable: in situations like this, you don't win much, but you lose everything. Therefore, even Prigozhin, who seemed to be both decisive and definitely not a coward, did not go to Moscow in the same way, but began to play this game and lost.

Well, two more points. Just almost two years ago, the Security Council was held, at which, almost live, Putin demanded from every top noble to speak out directly, clearly and clearly in favor of carrying out a special operation. Classic omerta, when everyone is given a gun so that he shoots the victim and then cannot get away with it. Blood oath, nothing new.

The only one who has not spoken publicly is the new Minister of Emergency Situations. Since less than six months before the blood oath, the old minister died under extremely strange circumstances. Whether Zinichev's death is connected with this whole story - who knows. But he died, frankly speaking, mysteriously. His death is very similar to the death of a smaller defendant - military commander Tatarsky. The explosion on Universitetskaya Embankment in April 2023 was a clear greeting and warning to the man who was holding Tatarsky. Of course, I mean the late Prigozhin. Therefore, the death of Zinichev could also be a greeting to the one whose man the minister was. A clear, intelligible and understandable message. It couldn't be clearer.

In any case, Navalny’s guarantees did not work, and he was simply abandoned. The employers simply washed their hands of it because they failed everything. Everything else was a consequence.
Old 02-17-2024, 01:10 PM

Navalny wasn't popular with Russians at all.

He was caught on camera asking British intelligence for 10-20 million per year to carry out a "colour revolution" in Russia.

LOL

Given that the US is abandoning Ukraine, and Ukraine is reeling on the battlefield (just surrendered Avdeevka), Navalny is a convenient talking point to salvage financial support for Ukraine (the whole "Russian nukes in space!" things had the same intent).

An American citizen, Gonzalo Lira, was murdered by the Zelensky regime in a Ukrainian prison, but there's no mention of that in the media, is there? Only one was useful to the West's ends.

Last edited by TheIceTitan; 02-17-2024 at 01:15 PM.
Old 02-17-2024, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Anyone who likes Putin more than any western leader doesn’t understand the facts.

Do your Romanian coworkers know about the 400,000 Jews murdered by Hitler? That should sway their opinions I trust.
Putin > Trudeau. Fact. Doesnt wear sparkle socks, no black face, isnt Castro Jr.

Watch the Europa documentary then get back to me please
Old 02-17-2024, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott h View Post
Maybe they should be asked to return to their motherland. It's eerily similar to the start of WW2 when the Russians and Nazis started the war by invading Poland, and fascist sympathizers were rampant spreading disinformation in the west. You really have to question the motivation of those who leave a country and then spend all their time telling the world how much better it is than where they currently reside.....
There will never be a war like that again. Are we going to storm the beaches of Normandy again? War is all online now. Is it so hard to believe America was the boogeyman.

Ever wonder why America even went to Europe?? Afterall only Japan attacked USA. They should have only stayed in pacific. But no they wanted Von Brauns rockets.

Or why Germany gotto salvage financial support for Ukraine (the whole "Russian nukes in space!" things had the same intent).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIceTitan View Post
Navalny wasn't popular with Russians at all.

He was caught on camera asking British intelligence for 10-20 million per year to carry out a "colour revolution" in Russia.

LOL

Given that the US is abandoning Ukraine, and Ukraine is reeling on the battlefield (just surrendered Avdeevka), Navalny is a convenient talking point to salvage financial support for Ukraine (the whole "Russian nukes in space!" things had the same intent).

An American citizen, Gonzalo Lira, was murdered by the Zelensky regime in a Ukrainian prison, but there's no mention of that in the media, is there? Only one was useful to the West's ends.

totally agree. They say a generation is 20 years. As someone in his 40s it's easy to see the generation before me truly got brainwashed.
Old 02-17-2024, 02:20 PM

[QUOTE=MegaHorn;4702457]There will never be a war like that again. Are we going to storm the beaches of Normandy again? War is all online now. Is it so hard to believe America was the boogeyman.

Ever wonder why America even went to Europe?? Afterall only Japan attacked USA. They should have only stayed in pacific. But no they wanted Von Brauns rockets.

Or why Germany gotto salvage financial support for Ukraine (the whole "Russian nukes in space!" things had the same intent).

There will never be a war like that again?? Really?? Are you serious??
There is currently the largest war since WW2 actively taking place on European soil as we sit here. Real war, with tanks and bombs, and all that "non online" stuff. If Russia isn't stopped in Ukraine they will move on to the next non Nato country. That last war could have been stopped if the world had assisted Poland against Russia and the Nazi's in 1939, but they didn't. Too many people agreed with Fascism and thought it sounded like a great idea. That same fascist sentiment remains alive today, mostly because so many can't be bothered to learn any history.
Old 02-17-2024, 02:23 PM

That’s kinda sums it up, lol!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1188.jpg (30.4 KB, 66 views)
Old 02-17-2024, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott h View Post
There will never be a war like that again?? Really?? Are you serious??
There is currently the largest war since WW2 actively taking place on European soil as we sit here. Real war, with tanks and bombs, and all that "non online" stuff. If Russia isn't stopped in Ukraine they will move on to the next non Nato country. That last war could have been stopped if the world had assisted Poland against Russia and the Nazi's in 1939, but they didn't. Too many people agreed with Fascism and thought it sounded like a great idea. That same fascist sentiment remains alive today, mostly because so many can't be bothered to learn any history.

yes I am serious. I get my history from people who are 90 or older. They have the best stories.

As far as I am concerned let the Europeans deal with it themselves. Canadians spily enough blood during WW2. Fool me once shame on you, feel me twice shame on me.
Old 02-17-2024, 02:49 PM

Quote:

Pandemic responses were prior to Covid an unknown best practices plan. Plans were made on the fly. Lots of data was collected and it’s being evaluated as to what worked and why. Irrespective of whether some think it was a fictitious virus, a conspiracy to install tracking chips or what have you… it was an isolated event in time and also not the daily norm in society. People are back to doing what they want.

In Canada… many issues of what you are concerned about can be fixed at the next election. In Russia it’s guaranteed Putin will win. In North America our elections are fair.
A 99.7% survival rate for a flu is a pandemic.... You should look up "event 201"
Yes people are back doing what they want and now are paying the consequences for being told what to do with their bodies by your government.. But look at Putin!!!! Bad man Putin.
Old 02-17-2024, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaHorn View Post
. They say a generation is 20 years. As someone in his 40s it's easy to see the generation before me truly got brainwashed.
Like it or not every generation gets brainwashed, including you..
Old 02-17-2024, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
Like it or not every generation gets brainwashed, including you..
Maybe, but I am part of the last great generation. Grew up before the internet existed and came to age with it. We see through the lies.
Pollieve is a joke, Trump is a joke, they all are actors. We have no choice. If anything the only choice we have is not to vote. Do you really believe elections are fair and not rigged?

Whatevers gonna happen will happen. All we can do it sit back and hope for the best, but expect the worst. Failing to plan is planning to fail as they say
Old 02-17-2024, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Maybe, but I am part of the last great generation. Grew up before the internet existed and came to age with it. We see through the lies.
Pollieve is a joke, Trump is a joke, they all are actors. We have no choice. If anything the only choice we have is not to vote. Do you really believe elections are fair and not rigged?

Whatevers gonna happen will happen. All we can do it sit back and hope for the best, but expect the worst. Failing to plan is planning to fail as they say
You go from "all we can do is sit back and hope for the best" to "failing to plan, is planning to fail?" Sitting back and hoping, is certainly not planning.
Old 02-17-2024, 05:57 PM

Quote:
You go from "all we can do is sit back and hope for the best" to "failing to plan, is planning to fail?" Sitting back and hoping, is certainly not planning.
Planning to sit back and hope for the best?
Old 02-17-2024, 06:29 PM

Quote:

You grew up before the internet existed? Most here did I’m guessing. Lol

-Billy Molls
Old 02-17-2024, 06:50 PM

Quote:
All of this started within the last few years, so we have no idea if there will be repeat incidents, and calling them one offs is premature. A person has to be pretty naive to trust that Trudeau won't do whatever he thinks that he can get away with. If he had the powder that Putin has, he would likely have used it ,just as Putin does.
Another pandemic will come eventually but history has shown they have been 100 year intervals. Maybe that will change.

However I can’t make assumptions like yours as I’m expecting the conservatives to win the next election.

The tide has turned on Trudeau. He has stayed on too late.

Quote:
They are one off’s because of the country we are in. I’m not sure why that is so hard to understand. What is shocking is what he is able to get away with.
It’s crazy what both Trump and Trudeau have gotten away with.

Let’s hope better times are coming.

Quote:
Putin > Trudeau. Fact. Doesnt wear sparkle socks, no black face, isnt Castro Jr.

Watch the Europa documentary then get back to me please
Right now Putin is having mourners arrested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irina View Post
A 99.7% survival rate for a flu is a pandemic.... You should look up "event 201"
Yes people are back doing what they want and now are paying the consequences for being told what to do with their bodies by your government.. But look at Putin!!!! Bad man Putin.
If you are commenting on Covid… I doubt we could change each others opinions based upon the science and facts and the newness of fighting pandemics. That said… Zelensky was on the streets and visiting trenches… Putin was hiding from covid. Speaks a ton to their courage and character.

Last edited by Sundancefisher; 02-17-2024 at 06:57 PM.
Old 02-17-2024, 06:56 PM

Quote:

I know how I was treated as a licensed gun owner when I was foolish enough to call 911 rcmp for help four years ago.
Wanted to go to Coutts on second year anniversary other day.
Wife didn't want me to go. Both of us nervous of getting screwed over by RCMP so stayed home.
I don't pack rifle in truck anymore. I'm scared of rcmp. I carry a modern phone so I could record any roadside contact with them. Of course they would just take my phone so sucks to be me. I know I sound like a nut but after what they did or tried to do to me four years ago. The main one was fired and I believe currently in Ontario but I'm not sure of his location anymore. I have nothing to gain by shooting my mouth off on here. Probably make it worse for me. Its not about getting even but more about trying to prevent it from happening to someone else. Sort of like if a rape victim keeps quiet. But they do because if speak up they are unbelieved or blamed by some.