Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-01-2014, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota369 View Post
Why do you consider your vote for Harper to be a mistake? Canada is economically stronger then it has been for many years under Liberal control.

Just wondering......
According to who?
Old 10-01-2014, 01:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by whammy View Post
Well put. Will be completely ignored on this forum though!
And for good reason. It's pure nonsense.
Old 10-01-2014, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whammy View Post
According to who?
Canada is economically stronger according to. The G8, G20, OECD, IMF to name a few. Ironically it was Chretien's refusal to 'Liberalize' Canada's banking laws that get a lot of the international recognition, much as it pains me to admit it.
Old 10-01-2014, 01:11 PM
Banned

Both the US and Canadian governments are practicing A CERTAIN BRAND OF NEPITISM at its worst! Maybe we should get a King and Queen NOT.

Bush/Bush - Clinton/Clinton most likely unless a unsuspecting contender hits the scene, now Trudeau/Trudeau. As if his father DIDN'T DO A BAD ENOUGH JOB! If Trudeau gets in, his main goal will be to make Canada completely French and English a secondary language.

Is there any point in even voting anymore???????????????????
Old 10-01-2014, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbornedeerhunter View Post
and for good reason. It's pure nonsense.
bingo,
Old 10-01-2014, 02:07 PM

Winch,

I could understand your fear if tongue was involved, but what I can see it was just a case of kissing hinds and shaking babies.

Cheap Politics, that's all, kind of like Trudeau attending the bastion of conservatism: the Calgary Stampede!

Where will he show up next, on the cover of Alberta Outdoorsmen?

Justy is a "POSSEUR" and nothing more. Winch, go back to cleaning your guns, all will be fine.

Drewski
Old 10-01-2014, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota369 View Post
Why do you consider your vote for Harper to be a mistake? Canada is economically stronger then it has been for many years under Liberal control.

Just wondering......
Yeah, and Stephen Harper put that oil in the ground for us.

Seriously, there are a hundred valid reasons to criticize Trudeau, but Ezra does a grave disservice to the cause with idiotic rants like this. Ezra Levant is the darling of the "already convinced" on the far right. But anyone who might be in the middl and undecided is going to be driven into Liberal arms after listening to Levant for 5 minutes... so I guess the OP is right. It's an example of why the Liberals COULD win the next election. Just get a lot of people to catch Ezra's act.
Old 10-01-2014, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
It's an example of why the Liberals COULD win the next election. Just get a lot of people to catch Ezra's act.

One can hope.

Seriously though, I don't think our rifles will be an issue again, and I think the very fact that Harper was elected will likely guard the West from being ignored as was the former status quo.

www.SnakesonaPlain.ca
Old 10-01-2014, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachnodisiac View Post
One can hope.

Seriously though, I don't think our rifles will be an issue again, and I think the very fact that Harper was elected will likely guard the West from being ignored as was the former status quo.
Hope your right, but I am not convinced.NPE comes to mind a liberal run program that wrecked Albertas economy. JT doesnt have the experience yet to govern a party.let alone a country
Old 10-01-2014, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottie View Post
Hope your right, but I am not convinced.NPE comes to mind a liberal run program that wrecked Albertas economy. JT doesnt have the experience yet to govern a party.let alone a country
I'm not sure a lot of people do when they come into office. That's why they surround themselves with smarts and intelligence. I'd be happy with a liberal minority even - and I'm not a diehard liberal by any generous stretch of the imagination, but I really think it's time for a change and the liberals are the only ones with a shot at it.

I'd be shocked if gun control comes up, I really would. There are plenty of Canadians that don't bleed Tory Blue that shoot and hunt, and there are many more Canadians who don't shoot or hunt, but recall what a waste of money the registry was. Moreover, there's been time now for those on the fence to see that hell didn't go anywhere in a hand basket once it was gone. Pretty sure even the NDP would let that sleeping dog lie, even they got close enough to any scent of winning.

The West is far more influential than it used to be, for a host of reasons. The country is always going to feel somewhat eastern-centric, but we have to be careful how much of that is the result of perception, how much is because of what we remember happened before, how much is legit reality, and how much is our own sense of persecution.

www.SnakesonaPlain.ca
Old 10-01-2014, 05:28 PM

Once again,hope your right. You do make some good points.
But having seen the liberals poop on western Canada all my life ( 50 + years) make me a bit leary of them.

If JT gets in he will cater to those who put him there,the east, the west will once again play second fiddle to Ontario and Quebec.
Old 10-01-2014, 05:32 PM

Quote:
One can hope.
hmmmm.... "Abandon all hope ye who enter here" should be written on all voting booths.
Old 10-01-2014, 05:38 PM

Quote:
hmmmm.... "Abandon all hope ye who enter here" should be written on all voting booths.

Where's that from, anyway?

www.SnakesonaPlain.ca
Old 10-01-2014, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Where's that from, anyway?
Dante's Devine Comedy. But honestly I just remembered the phrase and not the source, so I just googled it now. Sorry
Old 10-01-2014, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Dante's Devine Comedy. But honestly I just remembered the phrase and not the source, so I just googled it now. Sorry

Good to know.
I always pictured Gandalf saying it.

www.SnakesonaPlain.ca
Old 10-01-2014, 06:32 PM
Banned

I have to admit it's kind of amusing watching all the Justin cheerleaders. It is so reminiscent of all the Redford cheerleaders that will forever be forced to do the walk of shame.

Listening to people complain about Harper and pin their hopes on Justin is like listening to someone complain about eating a ribeye. They're damn sure they'll get something better at 7-11 tomorrow night.
Old 10-01-2014, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
I have to admit it's kind of amusing watching all the Justin cheerleaders. It is so reminiscent of all the Redford cheerleaders that will forever be forced to do the walk of shame.

Listening to people complain about Harper and pin their hopes on Justin is like listening to someone complain about eating a ribeye. They're damn sure they'll get something better at 7-11 tomorrow night.

Just to clarify, I haven't cheerleader for Justin. I have advocated for a change in government by the most likely candidate.

In fact, I don't recall ANYONE cheerleading him on this thread. Unless, of course, you interpret diminutive choices of last resort as an enthusiastic "YES!" complete with jiggling pom-poms.

www.SnakesonaPlain.ca
Old 10-01-2014, 07:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Just to clarify, I haven't cheerleader for Justin. I have advocated for a change in government by the most likely candidate.

In fact, I don't recall ANYONE cheerleading him on this thread. Unless, of course, you interpret diminutive choices of last resort as an enthusiastic "YES!" complete with jiggling pom-poms.
I do.

I'll put you down for one walk of shame.
Old 10-01-2014, 07:25 PM

Default Proof Positive the Liberals will form next Federal Govt

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
I do.

I'll put you down for one walk of shame.

Your imagination may be rich, but you're using Monopoly money...
Not. Even. Close.

www.SnakesonaPlain.ca
Old 10-01-2014, 07:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Not. Even. Close.

It's all I got...payday's still over a week away.
Old 10-02-2014, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Not. Even. Close.
LOL Beautiful. I'll have to remember that one. Ruga, do not spar with this woman. Stick to dummies like me.
Old 10-02-2014, 12:24 PM

Quote:
LOL Beautiful. I'll have to remember that one. Ruga, do not spar with this woman. Stick to dummies like me.
*curtseys*

But really, Ruga definitely has the capacity to have some fun, which I always appreciate!

www.SnakesonaPlain.ca
Old 10-02-2014, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Not. Even. Close.
lol that's awesome
Old 10-02-2014, 01:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Believe me, the media will welcome any change from the Harper regime, because that's exactly how they behave as it pertains to media, and public information.

However, I highly doubt that the incoming liberals will be treated any differently than any other political entity throughout the years, even if there is a brief post-Harper high.

I can assure you that as a journalist, access to information, scientists, politicians, and anyone related in any way to the federal government has changed so dramatically, it's head-spinning. And more so after the majority win, I might add, although there was a worsening trend even through the minority periods.

I am not loyal to any one party – I have voted Conservative in the past – and in fact, I did vote for Harper. Fortunately, I made that mistake only once.

Defending a democracy means defending the tenants of that democracy against any entity that is weakening it – even when that entity happens to be the candidate of your choice.

When it comes to a free and democratic society, there is no rationalizing government control of the media, public access to information, or censorship of publicly-funded research – unless there is a legitimate threat to national security.

I can assuredly say I have had better and more timely access to uncensored American officials and information during the Bush era than I do to Canadian officials and data under this administration.

Frightening.

My hope is that Ezra and Rob Ford will become Harper's campaign managers so that I can watch the whole show go down in some brilliant flames.
So because Harper and his government doesn't kiss the media's ass you're in a pout and going to vote for someone else? Unbelievable. The majority of the media from what I've seen is terribly biased against anything not left wing and I don't trust more than about 25 percent of what is printed, said or otherwise presented from media. They pick and choose what they report, instead of just reporting ALL the facts about a situation. They are biased beyond belief. I think the media is getting treated just the way they deserve from this government. But lets vote for the village idiot because our feelings are hurt.
Old 10-02-2014, 02:02 PM

Default Proof Positive the Liberals will form next Federal Govt

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fargineyesore View Post
So because Harper and his government doesn't kiss the media's ass you're in a pout and going to vote for someone else? Unbelievable. The majority of the media from what I've seen is terribly biased against anything not left wing and I don't trust more than about 25 percent of what is printed, said or otherwise presented from media. They pick and choose what they report, instead of just reporting ALL the facts about a situation. They are biased beyond belief. I think the media is getting treated just the way they deserve from this government. But lets vote for the village idiot because our feelings are hurt.

www.SnakesonaPlain.ca
Old 10-02-2014, 02:06 PM
Banned

I understand exactly what was written by you, truth hurts doesn't it? Maybe you need to think about what will happen to this province if these clowns get in.
Old 10-02-2014, 02:24 PM

Quote:
The West is far more influential than it used to be, for a host of reasons. The country is always going to feel somewhat eastern-centric, but we have to be careful how much of that is the result of perception, how much is because of what we remember happened before, how much is legit reality, and how much is our own sense of persecution.

Good point. My perception is that the "West" is a lot more "Eastern" than it was even a decade ago, though.

Just my perception.
Old 10-02-2014, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Buffalo View Post
Good point. My perception is that the "West" is a lot more "Eastern" than it was even a decade ago, though.

Just my perception.

That could well be. I'm from Manitoba and moved to southwest Saskatchewan in 2007, and to Alberta in 2011, so I really wouldn't know.

www.SnakesonaPlain.ca
Old 10-02-2014, 02:39 PM
Banned

Those of us that were born and raised here remember what the Liberals have done to this province and their attitude toward it, especially Pierre Trudeau and his buddies, Cretien, etc. Remember when Paul Martin was holding back Health Transfer payments from Alberta because there were some private clinics here, while at the same time ignoring the multitude of private clinics in Quebec?

Justin Trudeau has come right out and stated that Alberta has too much influence in Canada. If that is the way he feels, what do you think he will try to do to that influence if he gets in?
Old 10-02-2014, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fargineyesore View Post
I understand exactly what was written by you, truth hurts doesn't it? Maybe you need to think about what will happen to this province if these clowns get in.
Like the media having access to information so they can ensure they report on ALL the facts, not the ones that the government decides they get access to?

I'm all for it, thank you kind sir.

Go Liberals!