Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-02-2014, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
I don't know what to make of it. Frankly I know we are more sanitary with better protections, but viruses mutate or evolve. No one really knows, and a person getting off a plane from Africa, going to a hospital , and then being released while having flu type symptoms is a bit alarming.

I guess pharmaceuticals stocks were huge. Wonder if there was a little inside trading?
And airline stocks went down.

Grizz
Old 10-02-2014, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog hunter View Post
It will take "we the people" to close the borders,politicians are useless , we canadians need to start standing up to protect our future
Are you volunteering to lead the logisitcs from your keyboard on AO or will you be at a border post in person to shut it down, just curious as thats quite a bold statement? Normally such substantial civil movements require leadership that forms a nexus around which people can rally and use to normalize their ideas and actions.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:29 AM

It's just a matter of time before there is a big out break. Whether it is ebola, I don't know. The world is already over populated and it is not a question of if an outbreak will happen, but when. Nature has a way of balancing things out whether we like it or not.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
I don't know what to make of it. Frankly I know we are more sanitary with better protections, but viruses mutate or evolve. No one really knows, and a person getting off a plane from Africa, going to a hospital , and then being released while having flu type symptoms is a bit alarming.

I guess pharmaceuticals stocks were huge. Wonder if there was a little inside trading?
Apparently there may be something we don't know??

The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the charity run by Microsoft cofounder Bill Gates and his wife, announced Wednesday that it would be donating $50 million toward fighting the Ebola outbreak in West Africa.

http://www.businessinsider.com/bill-...utbreak-2014-9

NRA/NFA Supporter and "...gun toting tea party psychotard..." -
Old 10-02-2014, 10:27 AM
Banned

Well, dangit. I'm still waiting for the zombypocalips.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:32 AM

Well my Ebola has been in remission, so I won't be there first in the Zombie Apocalypse coming through the earth.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9IfHDi-2EA

waiting for the pale horse

I think its a conspiracy, first cases hit NA, people rush to get vaccines that are not tested and that mutates, bingo bango zombies and death everywhere.

TBH I dont know what to think of it, but I will be prepared, whether its bugging out or bugging in we should all have supplies to last a few months while things equalize and quarantines to be lifted if something does happen, imagine if the food stops coming to the markets/stores... what now.
In Bold is exactly what happened with the HIN1. People lost their minds and panicked.

Ebola has been around for a very long time… Why now a panic? I believe if there was really such a threat we would have dealt with this a long time ago.

Is Ebola the buzzword for the rest of 2014 and for the year 2015?

For the record I never did get the HIN1 shot. I never get a flu shot and am usually healthy as an ox.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:02 PM

Default NBC News cameraman diagnosed with Ebola in Liberia

American NBC news Cameraman Contracts Ebola

Call me crazy, but I think its bloody irresponsible to bring the fellow back to North America for treatment. Keep the bloody virus off the continent at all costs. Treat him there sure, and then have any treatment workers from North America spend time in quarantine prior to their return. We get asked if we've spent time on a farm prior to crossing the border to or from the US for Pete's sake, but somehow its Kosher to fly Ebola-infected people to our shores?

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/10/02...ola-in-liberia

LOS ANGELES - An American freelance television cameraman working for NBC News in Liberia has tested positive for the Ebola virus and will be flown back to the United States for treatment, the network said on Thursday in an online report.

Diagnosis of the cameraman, who the network said came down with symptoms that included aches and fatigue on Wednesday, is believed to mark the first time an American journalist has been infected with the deadly virus since the current outbreak in West Africa.

The freelancer, who NBC said works as a writer as well as a cameraman, and whose name was not given by the network, is the fourth U.S. citizen overall to have contracted the disease in Liberia.

A Liberan man visiting relatives in Dallas recently became the first Ebola patient diagnosed in the United States.

The 33-year-old journalist was hired on Tuesday to serve as a second cameraman for NBC News chief medical editor and correspondent Dr. Nancy Snyderman, who is with three other network employees on assignment in Liberia's capital, Monrovia, covering the Ebola outbreak.

Immediately after beginning to feel ill and discovering he was running a slight fever, the cameraman quarantined himself and sought medical advice. He then went to a Doctors Without Borders treatment center to be tested for the virus, and the positive result came back less than 12 hours later, NBC said.