Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-13-2022, 07:17 PM

Default Good Score At Cabela's Ednonton South Today

I picked up a Strikemaster Lazer Lite Flite today and a few other items and was about to check out. There was a long line up so I decided to do another walk around the store. I made my through the crankbaits aisle and as I turned the end there was a Strikemaster Lite Flyte leaning against a clearance sign and nowhere near the ice fishing gear. I looked and it was tagged $100 off with a note on the price sticker saying "protection flange missing". I opened the box and everything was there except the disc shaped flange. Well I don't need the flange as I'm going to run it on my 40V Lithium Powerhead. So I got myself an 8" Lazer Lite Flite today for $189 and put the full priced one back on the pile it came from.
I cannot get over the weight difference between it and the 10" steel flite my auger came with originally
Old 12-13-2022, 08:50 PM

Im glad it worked out for you.I want a new 8"flighting for my ion so maybe I can wander down the same aisle .Hope your new purchase works out awesome for you.
Old 12-14-2022, 08:42 AM

Default combo

if anyone is looking for an ice rod and reel, I grabbed the last 3 in Brooks but they do have more in other stores, especially Leduc.
Ugly Stik Original Spinning Ice Fishing Rod Combo, Medium-Heavy, 30-in reg price 34.99 on for 19.93 at CT .

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 12-14-2022, 12:42 PM

we bought the new SM 40V Light Flight this year and can't wait to try it out this weekend. The difference between this auger and our Jiffy Pro4x propane model is insane, in terms of weight. We upgraded from the uninsulated Eskimo double bubble to an Otter Vortex Monster Lodge (the biggest on the market, I believe) which is about 1.5x the weight of our Eskimo, so "win some, lose some" in terms of weight. Excited to try out the new tent, as well.

Finally got some Frostbite Drench's (paired with their new Diesel 1000 reels) that we'll hopefully put to the test this weekend as well.

Going to be great to finally use our new gear!