Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 05-13-2011, 08:48 AM

Default Power Case Trimmers

One aspect of reloading for me that i did not look forward to was trimming brass with my manual trimmer. Looked at a few power trimmers and it appeared some of the manufacturers just added a motor to a manual trimmer and raised the price through the roof. The one that did stand alone was the Hornady case prep center. I was drawn to this one because it had the ability to trim brass with a quicker and i think superior set up. It also had the features of the RCBS trim center. This is the one i "sprang" for and although it is very new to me it sure seems to work great. Time will tell the real story but so far so good. Anybody have any experience with them ?
Old 05-13-2011, 09:31 AM

The trim centers seem pretty snazy. I just use the Lee case mills and hook up one side to my cordless drill. Takes about five seconds per case all told. But having one that does all the brushing, primer pocket scraping, trimming all at once would be great.

How much did you pay?
Old 05-13-2011, 09:48 AM

I'm just starting to use my new Hornady case center as well. I like how it takes up a lot less room with the vertical orientation and not only trims but does all the other prep at the same station.
Old 05-13-2011, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnM View Post
The trim centers seem pretty snazy. I just use the Lee case mills and hook up one side to my cordless drill. Takes about five seconds per case all told. But having one that does all the brushing, primer pocket scraping, trimming all at once would be great.

How much did you pay?
I did the natchez thing and it was 336.99 + shipping. That is not that great of a deal as it weighs, i think 21 lbs. Shipping etc was 56.38 and the wait was 19 days. Package was opened by Canada customs and it was in their hands for 10 days. I got that info from tracking. P & D is at 425.00 + gst i believe. Pretty fair deal there. I was just ordering a few other items at the same time that made Natchez the winner. I had also called 1 other Alta. dealer and was quoted 595.00 -wow
Old 05-13-2011, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lannie View Post
I did the natchez thing and it was 336.99 + shipping. That is not that great of a deal as it weighs, i think 21 lbs. Shipping etc was 56.38 and the wait was 19 days. Package was opened by Canada customs and it was in their hands for 10 days. I got that info from tracking. P & D is at 425.00 + gst i believe. Pretty fair deal there. I was just ordering a few other items at the same time that made Natchez the winner. I had also called 1 other Alta. dealer and was quoted 595.00 -wow
That's not bad at all, Nachezz has killer prices on some stuff... I just wish I could order more components from them because they seem to have everything and it's sooo cheap compared to the gougers around here.