Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-30-2012, 08:43 AM

Your BC cartoon was a hoote! Sort of supports the evolutionist theory First of all I do not believe that I have committed a hanging offense. If I did I would feel bad if someone died in my place. I believe that I should be punnished for doing wrong. No way would I call it good if someone else took the rap for me. I do not believe that Jesus if he existed, rose from the dead. If Jesus actually was God and he rose, well, if you are God and you can do that type of thing, it was no big deal.

This easter I choose to be happy and not sad. I think I am a bit pagan here. I will celebrate the creation of things made new the promise of a new day and a promise or a chance at new life that comes with spring. Things die off in the fall and rise again in the spring. Death is not the end of life. Both birth and death are part of life.

The most important of Christian celebrations was hijacked from pagan belief.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by covey ridge View Post
No it is better that you examine what you believe. i do not pray for gifts that I can have claim that others do not. I find that you are no different than Benny or Ralph Van Imp or Rexella. I believe in God. You believe in a book. you claim to be full of the Holy Spirit. I think you are just full of..........
I see no point in having a discussion with one has closed minded as you are.
Reason I wrote you might want to examine your belief, is because I would hope that you would want a God who cares for you and has your best interest in mind. A God that makes you aware of the spirits and principalities that surround you. In addition, I would hope that you would want to have a personal relationship with your God, maybe even know him by name? or at least know a little bit about him?

I don't believe I said I was "full of the Holy Spirit". I may have said that I believe in Jesus Christ, which would mean that his Spirit abides in me as I abide in Him.

"The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit." - John 3:8

"Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me." - John 15:4

Last edited by 30Cal; 03-30-2012 at 03:31 PM.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:31 PM
Banned

Quote:

This easter I choose to be happy and not sad. I think I am a bit pagan here. I will celebrate the creation of things made new the promise of a new day and a promise or a chance at new life that comes with spring. Things die off in the fall and rise again in the spring. Death is not the end of life. Both birth and death are part of life.

The most important of Christian celebrations was hijacked from pagan belief.
Are you surprised?

So much that Christians think is Christian was stolen, hijacked, borrowed or adapted from pagan religions that came before them. Everything from virgin births to floods to use of symbols had a pagan origin.

But to be truly faithful, one must deny, deny, deny and point to a book as the infallibility of their belief. And proof that the book is infallible? Well, it says so right in the book...sheesh, how else could a proof exists except by referring to itself?
Old 03-30-2012, 03:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30Cal View Post
"The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit." - John 3:8
Jesus says that no one knows which way the wind is blowing. But, of course, he was wrong about that. The direction and speed of the wind are easily measured. Or is one misinterpreting this passage?

Or maybe 3:13, which conveniently seems to forget about Enoch and Elijah. Ooops, did Jesus forget about them?

Quote:
"Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me." - John 15:4
Which is nicely followed by 15:6, where Jesus follows so many other passages that just like to talk about people being burned. Maybe like Isaac thought Abraham was going to do?

Regardless, burning people either here or in an afterlife is a biblical tradition that isn't promulgated much in today's world.

Why not? After all, it's in the bible and it must be right!
Old 03-30-2012, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avb3 View Post
Jesus says that no one knows which way the wind is blowing. But, of course, he was wrong about that. The direction and speed of the wind are easily measured. Or is one misinterpreting this passage?

Or maybe 3:13, which conveniently seems to forget about Enoch and Elijah. Ooops, did Jesus forget about them?

Which is nicely followed by 15:6, where Jesus follows so many other passages that just like to talk about people being burned. Maybe like Isaac thought Abraham was going to do?

Regardless, burning people either here or in an afterlife is a biblical tradition that isn't promulgated much in today's world.

Why not? After all, it's in the bible and it must be right!
Must be a boring day?

So what do you think metaphoric or literal? I wonder how many people back then had their weather vanes, wind socks, or anemometers in their pockets to know which way the wind blew?

Please reread, and try not to reword it in order to make it fit your agenda:

Jesus is not saying anything about "no one knows which way the wind is blowing". What he does say is that "the wind blows wherever it pleases." Man doesn't make the choice for the wind. Jesus then adds, "you hear a sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from" (possible the location of origin of the sound or will it will end up?)

And about Elijah, Enoch, and Moses

http://www.ecclesia.org/truth/enoch.html

Always hearing but never understanding, and ever seeing but never perceiving

Last edited by 30Cal; 03-30-2012 at 04:46 PM.
Old 03-30-2012, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Are you surprised?
I think that you know I am not surprised

I am amazed how some Christians seem to think that their relationship with God is the only way! That they are the only ones who could know God! To me that reeks of pure arrogance and if anything is anti God.
Old 03-30-2012, 04:39 PM

Quote:
I think that you know I am not surprised

I am amazed how some Christians seem to think that their relationship with God is the only way! That they are the only ones who could know God! To me that reeks of pure arrogance and if anything is anti God.
Do you believe God is in everyone? or that everyone is connected to God in some way?
Old 03-30-2012, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Reason I wrote you might want to examine your belief, is because I would hope that you would want a God who cares for you and has your best interest in mind. A God that makes you aware of the spirits and principalities that surround you. In addition, I would hope that you would want to have a personal relationship with your God, maybe even know him by name? or at least know a little bit about him?

I don't believe I said I was "full of the Holy Spirit". I may have said that I believe in Jesus Christ, which would mean that his Spirit abides in me as I abide in Him.
Preachy, preachy, preachy! No you should examine your belief. Your worship of a dead guy! You do not understand the metaphor!

As far as the full of whatever bit, I was suggesting that you are full of something or have an in filling of something and it is not the Holy Spirit! Now I believe that I should love my neighbor but there is nothing written that one has to like those self righteous preachy types who are so boorish that all they can do is quote scripture.
Old 03-30-2012, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Do you believe God is in everyone? or that everyone is connected to God in some way?
I am starting to think that God may not be in you or connected to you!
Old 03-30-2012, 05:08 PM

in him was life and the life was the light of all people.

seems connected to me!
Old 03-30-2012, 05:24 PM

I believe that God is all in all. As the drop is in the ocean and the ocean is in the drop. I believe No Man IS AN ISLAND, entire of itself............................................ .................................................. .................................................. ...therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
John Donne

Sorry I did not quote scripture except for that all in all stuff.
Now give it a break with asking me all the stupid questions since you have not answered none of mine. Do you think or believe that God has a body of hands and legs with fingers and toes and teeth and eyes and exists in a very specific spot as well when he is everywhere? Is your God a he or a she or an it? What is he or she or its name? Obviously God's son is Jesus, according to you and actually Jesus is one and the same as God, so God sent himself or did it, he, or she?

Just answer the part in bold?
Old 03-30-2012, 05:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Must be a boring day?

So what do you think metaphoric or literal? I wonder how many people back then had their weather vanes, wind socks, or anemometers in their pockets to know which way the wind blew?
Please, I know and I bet you do to how to read the wind direction by looking at the grass, trees or crop fields. Or looking at a water surface like a lake or pond. We also have a pretty good idea on the strength.

Quote:
Please reread, and try not to reword it in order to make it fit your agenda:

Jesus is not saying anything about "no one knows which way the wind is blowing". What he does say is that "the wind blows wherever it pleases." Man doesn't make the choice for the wind. Jesus then adds, "you hear a sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from" (possible the location of origin of the sound or will it will end up?)
Possible? POSSIBLE? hmm... interpretating are we? Read what you wrote and think about it. I can hear the sound of the wind in the bush, and I know where it is coming from, even if I can't feel it at ground level, and so can you. The passage is bunk, pure and simple.

Quote:
And about Elijah, Enoch, and Moses

http://www.ecclesia.org/truth/enoch.html

Always hearing but never understanding, and ever seeing but never perceiving
Yeah, gotta love how that boy tells us of three levels of heaven. He's almost has as many as the koran says there are. That link has the most unadulterated lines of BS in them as I have seen. Most apologists in this thread do a far better job of debating then that goof does.
Old 03-30-2012, 06:36 PM

Default recycling

Whatever your opinion( religious affiliation ) how can one deny the natural laws of the universe ? Everything is recycled... anything carbon based... planets ....stars... everything. So if you extrapolate that to the human soul ( if you believe in souls ) , how could it be that the soul could reside at one place ...forever ? It is not logical. If I was FORCED to believe in one religious bent it would likley be Hinduism / Buddhism. It seems to make the most sense to me .
Old 03-30-2012, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cover View Post
Whatever your opinion( religious affiliation ) how can one deny the natural laws of the universe ? Everything is recycled... anything carbon based... planets ....stars... everything. So if you extrapolate that to the human soul ( if you believe in souls ) , how could it be that the soul could reside at one place ...forever ? It is not logical. If I was FORCED to believe in one religious bent it would likley be Hinduism / Buddhism. It seems to make the most sense to me .
FORCED? You mean if you were to make a choice? No one is trying to FORCE anything here, well maybe 30Cal is FORCING a bit More like throwing the book at us. I mean that as sort of a metaphor I would not want anyone to think that 30Cal would ever do anything like that

What do I really believe? If Jesus is comming back, he better do it quick because I doubt if Christainity will make it another 1000 years.

Last edited by covey ridge; 03-30-2012 at 09:31 PM.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:42 PM

Quote:
FORCED? You mean if you were to make a choice? No one is trying to FORCE anything here, well maybe 30Cal is FORCING a bit More like throwing the book at us. I mean that as sort of a metaphor I would not want anyone to think that 30Cal would ever do anything like that
I did'nt think I was ? .... being forced. By forced I meant as an ultimatum ....do or ....

Be recycled ?
Old 03-30-2012, 10:00 PM

Default Four Words

I learned four words that I try to imply to everyday ( Universal Laws ?? )

1. Attraction

2. Intent

3. Allowance

4. Ballance
Old 03-31-2012, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cover View Post
I learned four words that I try to imply to everyday ( Universal Laws ?? )

1. Attraction

2. Intent

3. Allowance

4. Ballance
New Paradigim? Not sure why they call it New because it is Old? Attraction? Guess that explains why me and 30Cal are so attracted
Old 03-31-2012, 08:21 PM

I just did a google on attraction intent allowance balance and this is one thing I found.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjA3p8B_XTw
Old 03-31-2012, 08:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
I just did a google on attraction intent allowance balance and this is one thing I found.

Man, now it is really time to get out the tin foil hats! Almost makes Scientology look respectful... lol.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Man, now it is really time to get out the tin foil hats! Almost makes Scientology look respectful... lol.
Just think, some of these Soverign Christians may live among us!
Old 03-31-2012, 09:04 PM

This will get your mind off that weird link I posted

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=ThFCg0tBDck

Last edited by covey ridge; 03-31-2012 at 09:06 PM. Reason: wrong link
Old 03-31-2012, 09:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
After posting that wierd link I needed something to get the wierdness out of my mind:

Errrr.... you just posted the same weird link.
Old 03-31-2012, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Maybe I am possessed?
Old 03-31-2012, 09:14 PM

Quote:
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPS

Old 03-31-2012, 09:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPS

MUCH better.... I send that link to all my friends in the States; they all want to come up here to discover the real higher power that the video hints at.
Old 03-31-2012, 10:27 PM

Quote:

Have not come across that one before ! Did'nt know there was a Church of the Sovereign Christian. They don't seem to charge thousands of dollars for counselling that the Scientologists practice , so a bonus there I guess.

Whether or not we are alone in the Universe , either thought is overwhelming.
Old 04-06-2012, 01:01 AM

Talk of ET's or advanced beings will shut this thread down ? Really ? Probably best to talk about what has been debated for the last 2000 years.
* sarcasm*

Last edited by cover; 04-06-2012 at 01:15 AM.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:31 AM
Banned

Time for a revival of sorts.

Question asked on another forum, with no answer. Perhaps one of the faithful can answer it here.

Can someone explain the Holy Trinity to me?

I know there is only one god, and there are three persons in this one god. The Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

So presumably, before the year one, there were only two. The Father and the Holy Ghost.
So what would that be called then? The Holy Duo? Did the Jews worship a Holy Duo?

But how can he be the Father, when he hasn't yet got a Son?

And What's the difference between the Father, who isn't a father, and the Holy Ghost?
Surely, they are BOTH holy ghosts? As neither are human, both are of the spirit world.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:58 PM

John 1:2 He was in the beginning with God. (author of the gospel of John speaking)
John 14:26 But the Advocate, The Holy Spirit, will teach you everything and remind you of all I said to you. (Jesus speaking and supposedly quoted by the author of John)

I was taught in Sunday school that Jesus or Christ was always in the beginning with God and that Jesus had to leave the world for the Holy Spirit to come. Jesus called God the father. Jesus was often described as being in the spirit or moved or lead by the spirit.

From my brief study of the history of Christianity and Judaism I understand that Jews often referred to God as father or Abba but stopped that practice because of the frequent use of that term by Christians.

As you probably suspect, I do not believe Jesus and Christ are always one and the same and I do not believe that either was exclusive to the 'He' in John 1:2. I believe that what John 1:2 was talking about is what you call Logos and come to think about it I think the Advocate or what is referred to in Christian circles as the Advocate or Holy Spirit or Holy Ghost is also Logos.

I do not wish to reignite this thread, but since no one answered your question, I thought I would give you my understanding of the whole misunderstanding or vice versa.

Actually I think that the whole Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, was invented by the Constantine committee. I wonder if they claimed $1000.00/month

Last edited by covey ridge; 04-15-2012 at 07:03 PM.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:59 PM

Honestly this is the most impressive thread I have seen having to do with religion on this site....slow clap for keeping this rolling without having it locked

LC