Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-31-2011, 04:57 PM
Banned

Default so crazy it might work

the other day i was fishing off the dock at hermitage. while whatching the fish jump near the island out of cast range some kids playing on the dock suggested i use a remote controll boat to get my hook out there. i chuckled and kept fishing but could not stop thinking about the possibilities of trolling the lake or even stopping anywhere and still fishing while standing on shore. has anyone tried this method or heard of anyone doing this?
Old 08-31-2011, 05:04 PM
Banned

When I was a kid we used to catch a ton of perch like this. Off the top of my head I cant think of a law against it.......Id check it out first though
Old 08-31-2011, 05:09 PM

The only one is being within 50ft of your line that I'm aware of. Have you seen the heli fishing vid? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW150U-RuTE
Old 08-31-2011, 05:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterninja View Post
the other day i was fishing off the dock at hermitage. while whatching the fish jump near the island out of cast range some kids playing on the dock suggested i use a remote controll boat to get my hook out there. i chuckled and kept fishing but could not stop thinking about the possibilities of trolling the lake or even stopping anywhere and still fishing while standing on shore. has anyone tried this method or heard of anyone doing this?
You can buy remote control fishing boats
Old 08-31-2011, 05:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by timsesink View Post
The only one is being within 50ft of your line that I'm aware of. Have you seen the heli fishing vid? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW150U-RuTE
why would you not be within 50 ft of your line you still reel it in
Old 08-31-2011, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timsesink View Post

That's pretty cool, but what would really impress me would be to remote control fillet and debone a fish.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:49 PM

iv done that with my yamaha rc boat at nemila damn worked decent. dont recomend doing it though(there anyways)
Old 08-31-2011, 08:15 PM

i know of a "Rig" that would do the trick if you have the wind at your back. use a large balloon as a bobber and have 18" of line with some shot and your hook under it. let the wind push it way out then close the bail(wont work if wind is not right at your back) i tryed to use a rc boat a few time but the prop would all ways get stuck in the weeds or drift out of controller range
Old 08-31-2011, 08:30 PM

Did it when I was a lot younger. WAY too old now. Still have the 24" RC yacht packed away somewhere... Free to anyone wanting to pick it up, pending that I can find it... Never caught anything, only tried a couple times for trout, was worried a pike would make my $300 boat disappear. Now I'd care less, worthless to me, but no intention of trying. I'd just rather fish...

A release mechanism would be cool to take line further than you can cast though!
Old 08-31-2011, 09:18 PM

Of your line, or your rod?
Old 08-31-2011, 10:14 PM

You are all saying that none of you have one. Only $5000+ would of got this in 2008!. http://www.hobbymedia.it/1829
Old 08-31-2011, 10:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloopbloob View Post
Did it when I was a lot younger. WAY too old now. Still have the 24" RC yacht packed away somewhere... Free to anyone wanting to pick it up, pending that I can find it... Never caught anything, only tried a couple times for trout, was worried a pike would make my $300 boat disappear. Now I'd care less, worthless to me, but no intention of trying. I'd just rather fish...

A release mechanism would be cool to take line further than you can cast though!
My kids have been wanting one bad. Are you serious about parting with it?