Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-15-2010, 08:00 PM

Default Slave and Pigeon

Hit Joussard a few days ago...slow in the afternoon but 3pm was the dinner bell for the Walleye...with a few Ling thrown in. lots of small Pike this year.

Would anyone have any recommendations on Pigeon Lake Walleye through the ice? Depth and any general areas? I have a few tags to fill.
By the way....there are still some tags left for Pigeon in the under 43cm slot. Thanks for any info!
Old 01-15-2010, 08:14 PM

Talking pigeon lake

if you're getting on the lake from mulhust, from the boat launch straight south to the first point. it's a rocky point tons of walleye there, and there is a lot of walleye just off the boat lauch 200 yards east of mulhurst boat launch...

and if you're getting on from the east side 200 yards from the beach....
Old 01-15-2010, 08:27 PM

The provincial park is a popular spot for walleye.About 300yrds from the boat launch there is a good drop-off that is always good for walleye...
Old 01-15-2010, 08:36 PM

For walley i usually fish off the west side of the lake, theres a point and a drop off you'll see many people fishing for walleye, on any givin day, I fish just north of them, and usually have no problems pulling in walleye and whitefish, its not uncommon to pull up a moderate Pike rarely a large one, not a bad spot, probobly are better around the lake though Sizes vary.