Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 04-30-2002, 09:57 AM
No verifie

Default No verifier required???

I just got off the phone with the CFC. I had purchased 2 firearms from an online aution site and am going thru the legal transfer process. Anyway, the gal on the other end of the line told me that with the confirmation form I will be receiving, I will also be getting a form (which I apparently must sign & return) that verifies the make and the serial # of the firearms I purchased. I told her that I am not a government verifier, but she said that doesn't matter. Any input? Should I be signing anything like that?...I had received this form before and threw it out on another previous purchase, in fact I have since re-sold that gun and transferred it legally, with no comments or any problems with the CFC. What the hell is going on in BEAUREAUCRAT LAND? I tried searching out NFA Legal, but their site is down.Any comments will be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-30-2002, 02:05 PM
Law

Default Law

If you fill out the form incorrectly you will be breaking the law. You could go to Jail, directly,without the chance of stopping at your favorite burger joint.
Further, you will not be able to get any great deals in Aisle 4, good luck Kmart.
Better read up on the Law, it's your neck on the line not the ladies' you talked to on the phone, unless you record your phone calls for Quality control.
Old 05-02-2002, 01:15 PM
Verificati

Default Verification

From what I understand from nfa publications, Verification is a legal requirement of the Firaearms Act. Which they are ignoring.
So should you!
You are not a trained verifier, (what ever the hell 'that' might be) nor have you been appointed as one by the government, and therefore are not legally able to verify 'any' firearm
The Canadian Liberal GunFarce
Old 05-07-2002, 11:57 PM
Verification

Default Verification

Thanks for the input guys. I talked with the people who are selling me the guns today. They told me that they were having some problems with paperwork from the CFC (Who isn't?). Anyway , I asked them about verification of the guns that I was purchasing, and they told me that all guns that leave their shop are verified by an approved verifier, and that I should sign nothing, and if the CFC has a problem, they should contact them. Any more coments on this topic would be appreciated, I like to hear what other problems people are having with our 1 billion dollar gun control fiasco...KMART