Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 05-21-2015, 06:06 AM

Default Shipping from Cabelas Canada.

Not good, ordered a firearm from Cabelas Canada online on May 4th, called them yesterday to see what was going on, still hasn't shipped in 16 days! The costumer device rep said the rifle was in stock and has no Idea why it hasent shipped
Needless to say I won't be ordering from them again.
Old 05-21-2015, 06:35 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

I have had no issues with Cabelas Canada but have had similar situations in which I called much earlier than 16 days just to find a mistake on their end.
Mistakes are made, sometimes we need to follow up on things sooner than later for our own benefit.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 05-21-2015, 08:25 AM

Default Cabela's

Cabela's has gone downhill big time in the last couple of months. I used to get powder in about a week or so, but now things don't seem to be functioning at all. You would think if the site says ''in stock'' that the item you ordered would show up shortly. Their website is full of inaccuracies. I thought Calgary was closer to Edmonton than Winnipeg but not according to my experiences lately! I have stopped ordering. I have mentioned their poor service to quite a few Cabela's employees. They seem to know their is a big problem but it hasn't been straightened out as far as I can tell. We can always hope it will improve, because it can't get much worse.
Old 05-21-2015, 08:29 AM

I ordered from them not long ago had my stuff in 4days ..

LIFE IS TOUGH.....TOUGHER IF YOU'RE STUPID.-------------------“Women have the right to work wherever they want, as long as they have the dinner ready when you get home”
Old 05-21-2015, 08:47 AM

A co-worker of mine just experienced this last week. He ordered a stock and forgrip for a shotty and it took 14 days. Interestingly enough it was shipped out of Calgary for local delivery. Perhaps they are moving things around a bit for where this and that is shipped? The Calgary store is not even open yet and i use to get most of my stuff out of Winnipeg.

I don't know but anything above 7 days is too much in my eyes.
Old 05-21-2015, 09:08 AM

Default Cabelas.ca

Ordered 3 items April 20th, received 2 of the 3 in separate shipments 1 from Winnipeg and 1 from Edmonton within a week of ordering. I have asked about the 3rd and being told my order is still processing lol needless to say I cancelled the 3rd item and will be ordering through Prophet River.
Old 05-21-2015, 09:17 AM

Ah, First world problems at it's best.
That's unfortunate that you will not be purchasing from them again due to wait times.
I've had nothing but good experiences from that store.
Old 05-21-2015, 01:19 PM

I ordered some cleaning supplies and camo. All showed in stock. I received it in dribs and drabs. Last item arrived 6 weeks after placing order. The long wait was offset by the entertaining excuses of the call centre
Old 05-21-2015, 01:34 PM

Hopefully things settle down once they are setup in their new warehouse. Some of my orders the last while did not come from a warehouse but a store. If that is the route they want to pursue, shipping from retail stores, I think people will be put off. WWS did it and lost my business because they never had a clue when and if they could ship. Poor business model for a mail order store.

Thomas Sowell
Old 05-21-2015, 03:44 PM

Ordered a Nikon Prostaff Scope about 2 months ago......after a month of no delivery and no response from my emails, I finally heard from them saying that the scope is discontinued.....I mentioned that its a popular scope and its go near perfect reviews on several sites so why would it be discontinued. He said he didn't know but at least he'll make sure that they don't process the payment......ummmmm thanks?
Old 05-21-2015, 06:14 PM

Ordered a sitka core 1/4 zip on April 25th, still hasn't shipped. Has been stuck at processing for 2 weeks. 1 more day until i cancel. I heard that they changed warehouse companies.
Old 05-21-2015, 06:37 PM

ordered two trail cams last week showed up yesterday I have never had a problem.
Old 05-21-2015, 08:53 PM

I just orders some archery stuff and it was suppose to arrive in 3-7 days and it came in 3.
Might just be a mistake.
Old 05-22-2015, 08:27 PM

I had a problem with my order as well. I talked to the rep and she said it has been a mess because they have moved the warehouse from winnipeg to Calgary. I'm sure once the warehouse is setup things will be back in order. I'm not talking about the store either, she said all future mail order will come out of Calgary. Calgary will have both a store and warehouse.

So I have to give them some slack, I'll probably hold of ordering till they get stuff sorted out. Can't wait
Old 05-22-2015, 09:49 PM

order some duffle bags. They said that it would probably take 2 weeks. Showed up in 2 days
Old 05-23-2015, 12:08 AM

Have ordered a few things and get them shipped to the store for pickup... seems to take about 2 weeks. Can't complain about that as the shipping is free. My current order should take longer because it was a backorderable item... we'll see.
Old 05-23-2015, 06:15 AM
Banned

I got my stuff in 3days from order..
Old 05-23-2015, 03:56 PM

With the exception of some 300 WM brass that's been on backorder for close to 2 years. Everything else I've ordered has been shipped within less than a week.
Old 05-23-2015, 10:42 PM

I've never had an issue. One rifle I ordered I made a special request to have the shipment delayed a day to ensure I was home. It arrived as planned.

Granted I haven't ordered anything lately. Having warehousing centered in calgary might make the new store well stocked, unlike their two big competitors here.

Colin
Old 05-26-2015, 07:39 AM

There has been some significant issues with the transfer of the warehousing for Cabelas from Winnipeg to Calgary. Unexpected and rather significant glitches. Call them or visit the store, they will make it right. That is how they roll. I would not draw significant conclusions on the distribution system until it is all fixed. At the end of the day, we have a number of companies now that bring in firearms related products and the amounts are increasing. It will over time improve the supply and demand disparity we often experience here in Canada.
Old 05-26-2015, 10:44 AM

Never had an issue with hunting apparel
Old 05-27-2015, 04:31 PM

I haven't had issues before but I ordered 2 weeks ago from US Cabelas (items not carried in Canada) and they took a week to ship the order.
Old 05-28-2015, 10:25 AM

CABELAS IS TERRIBLE! i ordered a fishing net on april 16 which was in stock. took over 4.5 weeks and talking to multiple and multiple managers and supervisors and yada yada yada. eventually got my tiny net the other day and it was busted! SUCH TERRIBLE SERVICE, they sent me a gift card because i demanded one but im never using them online again. disgusted
Old 06-02-2015, 06:19 PM

same here, ordered couple items from them 3 weeks ago and still nothing showing up yet.
Old 06-03-2015, 02:54 AM

Have been ordering from Cabela's an average of couple hundred dollars worth of items every month and every single time I was told to allow 10 to 15 days but all my orders have showed up in less than 4 days...everytime..Love the in-store pick up options..
Old 06-03-2015, 09:13 AM

Ive had brutal wait times from cabelas also, even orders being shipped to different towns or shipping methods, which is cause for shipment delays. mostly on waterfowl decoy orders. frustrating when you have trips planned. but whatever is what it is

Well over a dozen orders from basspro, all orders have arrived within 7 business days or less from south of the border. very impressed with their service and delivery

I wish i wasnt an online shopper to be honest. cant shop local here in rocky, too busy with life to make it to city centers.
Old 06-03-2015, 10:49 AM

Waiting since November. Thought I will have it for Christmas and still waiting😡

May be com g Christmas 😍😍
Old 06-03-2015, 08:02 PM

I order my rifle from cabelas two years ago now and it arrived within the week, i've always had pretty good service from them, but maybe i've just been lucky...?
Old 06-03-2015, 09:37 PM

I ordered a Mossberg stock sat evening and it came monday afternoon from ups. I noticed it said shipped from calgary warehouse . Do they already have a warehouse in Calgary.
Old 06-03-2015, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88thunderbird View Post
I ordered a Mossberg stock sat evening and it came monday afternoon from ups. I noticed it said shipped from calgary warehouse . Do they already have a warehouse in Calgary.
Yup, moved from Wpg earlier this year. The call centre is still located in Winnipeg.