Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-24-2019, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimm View Post
This simply not true at all, it’s the best thing that could have possibly happened for wildlife if you consider the options. The MNA only went o bat for about 2 percent of its claimed population. There very few Métis that can prove they were in the chosen areas prior to 1900, most were still in Manitoba and never arrived after 1900, so to break it down for you all they just created a two tier split in their population. Basically saying the only 2 percent of them are actually being called Alberta Métis. The other 30,000 of them have no representation from Manitoba as the don’t live there and get no representation from Alberta as they were not here before 1900, better hope they don’t realize this in the near future as even the Métis in this numbers will not tolerate the currant leaders in Alberta

So you feel it would only be the actual Metis individual that would help themselves to the hunting I guess? I know a few non-Metis guys married to, by definition, Metis women, because they fall into that "so many generations bloodline, 1/8th or 1/16th or whatever bs it is, and these guys can't wait to get out moose hunting rather than wait 9-12 years to be drawn. Of course the wives will be riding along with but it sure as hell won't be them doing the shooting.

Is there such a thing as Single Metis Women dating websites? I'd like to get some extra hunting in too.