Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 01-20-2015, 08:54 PM

Default Beavers need to go!

Beavers have moved into a slough in my yard and are rapidly destroying my yard and shelter belt. I am looking for someone to come and trap them out. I understand beavers are not very profitable right now, so I would work with anyone who could help me out to make sure it is worth their time. Coyote and Muskrats can also be taken off my place. (1/2 section). I have a number of neighbors that would want beavers and coyotes removed it that would help to make it profitable.(probably another 6 or 8 quarters) I am located 1.5 miles south of Innisfail. Please call or email me if you can help me out. thanks! Dave 403-391-2456 email- kinsella1919@gmail.com
Old 01-20-2015, 09:43 PM

"Control of Problem Wildlife" (near the bottom), 3rd paragraph (starting with "Beaver")

It states:

"Beaver may be hunted and trapped, without a licence and during all seasons, on privately owned land by the owner or occupant of the land, or by a resident with written permission from the owner or occupant of the land."

You should be OK if you have written permission from the owner, but I'd consult with the local Fish Cop before you go about getting rid of the overgrown rats... Never hurts to cover your bases!
Old 01-20-2015, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacs5 View Post
"Control of Problem Wildlife" (near the bottom), 3rd paragraph (starting with "Beaver")

It states:

"Beaver may be hunted and trapped, without a licence and during all seasons, on privately owned land by the owner or occupant of the land, or by a resident with written permission from the owner or occupant of the land."

You should be OK if you have written permission from the owner, but I'd consult with the local Fish Cop before you go about getting rid of the overgrown rats... Never hurts to cover your bases!
He is the owner. He can do as he likes
Old 01-20-2015, 09:54 PM

Someone will jump in OP.
I had a less of a problem and a few members contacted me at the time.
We are strange for sure.
We need beaver, but they cause problems too

Good luck

Either get busy living, or get busy dying!