Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-19-2007, 05:25 PM
bearbait, the user

Default bearbait, the user

Hi, I noticed in another thread today you mentioned you use the Nikon Monarch with the BDC. First, where did you buy one in Canada? And two, how do you like the BDC? I would think the field would be cluttered? Haven't actually looked through one. Have read lots on reviews and want to get a Monarch, read lots of reports and users which rave about them. Better than a VX-111 and an Elite 4200. Lots of great deals on them as well right now that they have gone side focus over an adjustable objective and are selling off the AO. Too bad some won't ship from the Us. Would appreciate your review of the Monarch.

thanks.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:32 PM
bearbait

i got mine from ebay...cabellas wont ship...i love this scope i got the 6x18 and what a nice change...everyone who looks through it wants one and the bdc is awsome....i would recommend this scope to any one....very clear crisp view and bdc leves lots of view...i was out shooting 400 yards and the bdc was flawless!!!do yourself a favor and get one!!!!i used to use a lepold vx3 and a smith and wesson 6x24 and this scope has replaced both!!
Old 03-19-2007, 05:48 PM
WCTHEMI

Hey bearbait, is there a shooting range close by that has longer distances? Would like to be able to practice a little at over 100 yds.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:53 PM
bearbait

nope...i just go out to a cut line i know that has a hill on it the we range find our yardage and set up big cardboard targets..use a spotting scope to see hits!!stoney creek sells thouse hit and see targets...they work good...
ill let you know the next time we go and see if you can come along..
rob
Old 03-19-2007, 10:34 PM
WCTHEMI

That would be great, thanks.