Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-18-2008, 02:51 PM

Default Coal Lake

hey does anyone know The direction from beaumont to go to the south shore of Coal lake I think theres a camp ground there but not 100% sure , any info would be good , Ive only been to the north shore . Wanting to go slay some Pike. Anyway thanks to all who reply .
Old 05-18-2008, 02:56 PM

www.google.ca

upper left on the page click on maps, type in coal lake and it will show you all the roads you need.
Old 05-18-2008, 02:59 PM

straight down 50th st untill you hit 616 the road AFTER the rollie view rd. should be some big tall grain sillos on the right if they haven't fallen over yet.hand a left about 2-3 miles theres a boat launch on one side of the road and a old camp area they shut down on the other. i think you can still camp there just no bathrooms firepits ect....

sorry john should have read better this is for the north launch

Last edited by redneck posse; 05-19-2008 at 09:33 PM. Reason: last line
Old 05-18-2008, 03:45 PM

Its ok REdneck posse, no worrys . I love fishin at Coal , fished there a few times during the winter , and fished there last fall a few times made for good fishing , then a firend told me if I was to try early season right after ice melt , the Pike action along the shore line is very good . So I think im going to check it out tommorow for a few hours maybe for the afternoon havent desided might go during the day will have to see . Im stuck fishing the shoreline until I can get ither a new motor or figure out whats wrong with mine . The thing keeps flooding even when running , I ran the choke for a few pulls and then nothing so Im not wondering if its foobared or what , but ill have to fill my 50 gal drum up with water agian and see if I cant get it going , had it running last fall as I went to add fresh gas for over the winter and now its not starting .Oh well fishing from shore isnt so bad.Or I guess I could just row out there put the anchor down and have at er. Anyway thanks for your reply Redneck posse
Old 05-18-2008, 03:48 PM

only fished there once really weedy. caught one small pike. never ice fished it.
Old 05-18-2008, 03:55 PM

Its good for ice fishing if you like pike fishing , defenetly a great time set out a tip up or 3 and do a little vertical jigging and wham FISH ON , perch fishing is good there also , in winter only , never caught a single perch during the summer but the winter is good. Anyway Im going to get stuff ready my pike / musky crank baits and spoons , and I like bait hooks with those 4 inch smelt or anchovie works well too and they hit it like a ton of bricks.cast out 30 or 40 yards , If your good enough a 50 yarder , and put a bobber and the hooks with the anchovie and let it sit there give it a bit and whamo youll have fish no problem. Looking forward to going maybe monday if not mid week .
Old 05-18-2008, 07:13 PM

0K folks anyone care to join us tommrow at Coal lake going to meet about 1030 ish give or take . Redneck posse myself , Mr newf and a few other feel free to show up and meet some other guys should be fun. I wont be doing one of my well known shore lunch. So bring your sandwiches and sun tan lotion.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:19 PM

How was fishin at Coal today?
Old 05-19-2008, 09:44 PM

a little slow bigbadjohn landed 3-4 small ones and missed a couple. i landed 2-3 small ones and a nice fat one. lost two fish due to the cheap line i was useing, thanks again john for the new line. beautifull day all around, not bad fishing, good guy to fish with, beats working.i left at 5:30 and bbj was getting ready for round 2 so he may still be out there.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:00 PM

Default this week

Anyone going this week, and when?
Old 05-19-2008, 11:04 PM

I cant until the weekend unless someone wants to come watch my dog , or more like her watch you , but im not taking her out in public. Anyway i just got home another long as5 day on the lake , Once redneck posse left actually as he was leaving the parking lot I hook up on a monster the other guys I got fishing with , had a tape measured 38 inches long and 21 1/2 gerth , she was a mamoth . tossed her back to make more of those monsters , and thats not even that big of a monster for Coal as ive been told . Also the Conservation officer stopped by a friendly hello didnt even ask for licenses , or to check hooks , I think he realised my park bench and wicked sun tan lines were enough for him to un warent a license inspection he asked a large group to far east of us , but not us I was kinda shocked wasnt worried though im always legal . So to heck with jigs for fishing for pike im sticking to the Spoon , ive never used a spoon for pike before , always use jig or bait hooks. Anyway we had a heck of a good day my final numbers were about 30 fish after 6:00 the fishing picked up every 2nd cast lots were small bug had a few 8-10 lbers and a few 5's to .
Old 05-19-2008, 11:11 PM

where are the pics!!!???
Old 05-19-2008, 11:40 PM

the camera died . I had the guy that helped me measure the pike but the thing wouldnt turn on and its not like I can just put down a fish that big so im SOL for pictures and the batterys were dead , Redneck Posse shoulda taken a few picutres but he forgot the camera at home .the only thing I got for proof is the slime on my shirt and pants .
Old 05-20-2008, 06:01 PM

sorry man i deleted it out of friendship kevin

Last edited by redneck posse; 05-21-2008 at 08:17 AM.
Old 05-20-2008, 06:44 PM
Banned

Default lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBADJOHN View Post
I cant until the weekend unless someone wants to come watch my dog , or more like her watch you , but im not taking her out in public. Anyway i just got home another long as5 day on the lake , Once redneck posse left actually as he was leaving the parking lot I hook up on a monster the other guys I got fishing with , had a tape measured 38 inches long and 21 1/2 gerth , she was a mamoth . tossed her back to make more of those monsters , and thats not even that big of a monster for Coal as ive been told . Also the Conservation officer stopped by a friendly hello didnt even ask for licenses , or to check hooks , I think he realised my park bench and wicked sun tan lines were enough for him to un warent a license inspection he asked a large group to far east of us , but not us I was kinda shocked wasnt worried though im always legal . So to heck with jigs for fishing for pike im sticking to the Spoon , ive never used a spoon for pike before , always use jig or bait hooks. Anyway we had a heck of a good day my final numbers were about 30 fish after 6:00 the fishing picked up every 2nd cast lots were small bug had a few 8-10 lbers and a few 5's to .
lmao same story with u everytime as soon as everyone leaves or no one else is around. You apparently catch alot more and alot bigger fish. Does'nt something sound a little fishey?
Old 05-20-2008, 07:50 PM

Default pike

my brother hauled in a pike no joke mustavbeen 20lbs or so a few years back on coal but then it got super weedy, still great lake close to the city for some jack action, also know someone that pulled a 1.5lb perch out of there but in the last few years the perch have been hard to find.
Old 05-20-2008, 11:35 PM

Well here you are , to the Big fish we caught a nice one the rest small, went back tonight and caught a few more heres the picture.
Old 05-20-2008, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy perch fisher View Post
lmao same story with u everytime as soon as everyone leaves or no one else is around. You apparently catch alot more and alot bigger fish. Does'nt something sound a little fishey?
why dont you shut your face , actually its not the same story where do you get off by saying this **** , your the guy who got called out and didnt show up to a fish off to prove your the oh so mighty fishermen , Thats what i thought , im not into your childhood games kid now go back to the fisherprice forum.I dont care if I get banned or kicked off here , im sick of the crap that goes on in these forums , and im probably one of the first to come out and say it , it doesnt make me more of a man to call someone names but Im not going to take the crap that some love to feed on these forums , not just Alberta outdoorsmen , its all of them . Same people feeding the same BS. And im sorry if some are offended by this post , im sorry but this isnt right to let these punks cut us down to piles of crap . Its not right , and I dont deserve this nore does any other member of this forum or any other forum. As for my name calling i edited my post , took out some of the things I said and replaced them with a better choice of words , I dont need to stoop to there level of a55holeness. Just because they can cut someone down and think its alright doesnt mean it is . And once agian id like to say im sorry if ive offended anyone , I just needed to make a point of the crap that goes on . Ive really had enough of it and came out and said it.

Last edited by BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES; 05-21-2008 at 12:58 AM. Reason: because of poor choice of words AKA called HPF A pussy
Old 05-20-2008, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneck posse View Post
funny how the guy that caught little ones all day catches the big ones AFTER the fishing partner leaves and no pics.....
Whatever man I dont care. I dont give two ****s what anyone thinks ive never needed to lie , its a ****in fish , I dont understand why people over and over agian have to cut down a guy , beleave it for what he says , and if hes the one who gotta lie well **** him them . Im so sick of the same bs . But whatever . seems to always be the same guys calling on the people questioning whatever , im done with this bull**** .
Old 05-21-2008, 03:07 AM

Relax John, I believe you! I find that you are an asset to this forum so dont get discouraged over a few uncalled for smart remarks. By reacting to these individuals it makes them the winners, so why bother?
Just my 2 cents. Dave
Old 05-21-2008, 07:24 AM

Quote:
the camera died . I had the guy that helped me measure the pike but the thing wouldnt turn on and its not like I can just put down a fish that big so im SOL for pictures and the batterys were dead , Redneck Posse shoulda taken a few picutres but he forgot the camera at home .the only thing I got for proof is the slime on my shirt and pants .
Thought you didnt get any pictures of the "big pike"?
Old 05-21-2008, 08:04 AM

I didnt we went back last night fished in the rain. pictures were taken with a cell phone.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Whatever man I dont care. I dont give two ****s what anyone thinks ive never needed to lie , its a ****in fish , I dont understand why people over and over agian have to cut down a guy , beleave it for what he says , and if hes the one who gotta lie well **** him them . Im so sick of the same bs . But whatever . seems to always be the same guys calling on the people questioning whatever , im done with this bull**** .
john relax i belive you why wouldn't i. i was just yanking your chain. my stupid sence of humour sorry if it came across like i thought you where lieing. i know theres some big fish in there look at the first one i lost how big must she have been. agian man i sorry if i came across as if i was questioning you i didn't mean my post that way kevin

Last edited by redneck posse; 05-21-2008 at 09:17 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-21-2008, 08:24 AM

IM sorry im sorry im sorry. I wasnt just jumping on you I was jumping on HAPPY PERCH FISHER too . Thart guy always has a problem with everyone. It just upsets me is all . I didnt intend to be a hot headed ******* but when someone makes a comment that questions what I say im not affraid to stand my ground as im a honest person.And soory agian.Im thje ******* now.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:30 AM

delete please
Old 05-21-2008, 08:31 AM

heres another picture from lasty night .
Old 05-21-2008, 08:37 AM

no need for you to appolagize i was one of the jack***** that got you going. agian sorry man now that the touchy feely stuff is done lets go fishing. i'll remember my camera you remember to pick up batteries for yours.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:42 AM

Will do Maybe saturday we can get together agioan, and my friend would like to join aswell.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:21 AM

LOL, BBJ , I'd like to see you catching happy perch fisher in person ,
I can relate to your story cause when everyone leaves that means the evening bite (fishing) is on and that's when the bite starts over again,
I have caught a numerous large trout this way, after almost everyone was gone, I just can't believe you never used spoons while pike fishing,
spin casting is the best thing that there can be, I find jigging boring, maybe that's just me , but I like to move a lot when I fish.

Hope to hook up with you one day and try Coal this year,
been there last year had one hawg snap my 20 LBS fire line like that was grandmas knitting thread ,there are some huge gators there....

Cheers!
Old 05-21-2008, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morph1 View Post
LOL, BBJ , I'd like to see you catching happy perch fisher in person ,
I can relate to your story cause when everyone leaves that means the evening bite (fishing) is on and that's when the bite starts over again,
I have caught a numerous large trout this way, after almost everyone was gone, I just can't believe you never used spoons while pike fishing,
spin casting is the best thing that there can be, I find jigging boring, maybe that's just me , but I like to move a lot when I fish.

Hope to hook up with you one day and try Coal this year,
been there last year had one hawg snap my 20 LBS fire line like that was grandmas knitting thread ,there are some huge gators there....

Cheers!
I know its weird , ive never used spoons Its crazy almost . Ive always used bait and bait hooks or jigs ither vertical jigging or cast / retrive . Also those storm baits work well , the ones that look like perch or pike which ever one you choose to use .

As for fishing that would be great always looking for new guys to meet up with . Thinking about doing a cook out / some fishing for this up coming saturday be there or be square type thing . see if i cant get the bbq and cook up some food , or camp stove cook on that . Anyway if your interested or anyone else reading this is interesting just say so and we will get this saturday fishing thing in order .