Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-21-2008, 02:18 PM

Default Dear Mr 1/2 A MAN

I have never "mooched" anything off of the guy they call BBJ. Don't start in in me you little piece of vomit! I joined this board in April and have done minimal posting but enjoy reading what others are up to.
We don't need nor want your type here. Don't go away mad just go away.

Most of us just like to fish and to share the stories and the pics. I could careless if 1/2 people like you are here or not-you do nothing more than clutter the board.

Tony
Old 05-21-2008, 02:55 PM

dont even reply to the bs.....not worth the finger cramps....hpf im sure you to have been showen spots and took people to them...dont comment if its to flame....just a childish thing to do...and remember its a small world...some day u just might come face to face with the guys u talk shi# to....thats when bad things happen...why cant we all just keep the trolling or flameing to our selfs???pretty bad when grown men act worse then kids...get a grip..
rob
could be on a shore or lake near you!!
Old 05-21-2008, 02:56 PM

so back to where we were before the B.S started.....saturday 10 am north launch i'll bring the bratwurst and buns
Old 05-21-2008, 03:13 PM

Ill bring potatos and propain but for small portable bbq and camp stove and ill bring coffee . i gotta talk to my buddy see what hes gonna bring
Old 05-21-2008, 03:27 PM

Coffee??? Yucky pooey!!!!!

I will bring my wit, charm and devlish good looks!

Seriously anything I should grab? I will be in the copper color GMC Canyon towing a black and grey Crestliner boat so if you see me wandering around lost give a wave!
Old 05-21-2008, 03:51 PM

i drive a blue ranger with a four kc light set on the front grill
Old 05-21-2008, 03:54 PM

I heard the south side has a better boat launch and fishing is supposed to be much better, I've never been there myself as I am coming from Edmonton,
but some guys've been there and said its less weeds too.
Hey John I would like to join you guys , but already last weekend made plans to go to Lake Isle - excellent pike fishing, we are packing my zodiak full of gear and gonna try to camp on one of the Islands, kind of adventure....
Well happy fishing guys and don't stress out over BS , I use a method goes in this ear and comes out the other LOL and then I give a smile.

Cheers
Old 05-21-2008, 04:23 PM

Default week

The south end is typically better fishing in my opinion, have fished all over, but I always tend to head back to the south end. I have never launched at the north end (but it looks fine) I have a 19' campion, and not a problem at the south end.. This is a great time to fish this lake as the weeks are minimal now compared to later on.. If you leave the south launch, go approx 1 mile north, and either troll the weedline, or cast on the west side. some Big ones over there too.

On that not, if anyone wants to fish this week, let me know, I am around all week. day or evening, pm me if interested! I am in Camrose so I will use the south launch, and I am only 20 mins away. Also dont worry about rain, I can put up the tops to stay dry!

Last edited by The Copenhagen Kid; 05-21-2008 at 04:41 PM.
Old 05-21-2008, 05:54 PM

going to try the south end tomarrow see what the hype is about. made see you there.
Old 05-21-2008, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohninAB View Post
Coffee??? Yucky pooey!!!!!

I will bring my wit, charm and devlish good looks!

Seriously anything I should grab? I will be in the copper color GMC Canyon towing a black and grey Crestliner boat so if you see me wandering around lost give a wave!
You just bring your boat and you , gotta take me out for a round of trolling hahaha and ill buy you a good shore lunch .
Old 05-21-2008, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Copenhagen Kid View Post
The south end is typically better fishing in my opinion, have fished all over, but I always tend to head back to the south end. I have never launched at the north end (but it looks fine) I have a 19' campion, and not a problem at the south end.. This is a great time to fish this lake as the weeks are minimal now compared to later on.. If you leave the south launch, go approx 1 mile north, and either troll the weedline, or cast on the west side. some Big ones over there too.

On that not, if anyone wants to fish this week, let me know, I am around all week. day or evening, pm me if interested! I am in Camrose so I will use the south launch, and I am only 20 mins away. Also dont worry about rain, I can put up the tops to stay dry!
Maybe another time . i gotta stick close to home , got a sister here and she has homework to do , i shoulda planned something for today took the dog to the dog parlor and was home here argueing with a moron which was pointless oh ya and drank 5 xl black coffee's from tims.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:48 PM

hey jonhinAB how big a motor do you have? maby i'll grag a towrope and a waterski and we'll see if we can get BBJ up on a ski..
Old 05-21-2008, 07:16 PM

Sorry, the ski boat with the 150 on it is at my mom's cabin. I only have a 50 hp motor. Pull a kid up for sure, not so sure an adult.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBADJOHN View Post
Thats why i sugested Saturday . Theyll be on a feed especcialy after 2 or 3 days of rain .I need to get some Fat man rain gear , going to see if i cant order some here , not that big clunky yellow or orange junk nither , the light nylon type stuff .sells for about 80 bucks its light and breatheable nothing worse then sweating like a pig in heat .
Was reading the site and saw that you needed some rain gear for a bigger guy. I got some sweet stuff from a place out in BC. The website is http://www.jenelco.com/en/. Amazing customer service. They sent me some rain gear to borrow on a shark hunt in Alaska. When the stuff I ordered was done they sent me that stuff and a cheque to mail back the stuff I borrowed. I liked it so much I kept both. Super light and very breathable. I got a set made up to 7x to fit all warm clothes under it. Here is a pic of the rain gear and one of that catch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shark.jpg (39.9 KB, 68 views)
Old 05-21-2008, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acedave3 View Post
Relax John, I believe you! I find that you are an asset to this forum so dont get discouraged over a few uncalled for smart remarks. By reacting to these individuals it makes them the winners, so why bother?
Just my 2 cents. Dave
I have not been on here long, and I agree with Dave, yer a solid guy who does not need to get down on someone elses issues. I was beginning to wonder where the Big Bad John came from, all of your posts are positive!! Keep up the good fishin stories, I enjoy them! and just for you BBJ, I will keep my shirt on from now on!
Old 05-21-2008, 09:36 PM
TundraBuck

John I am enjoying your photos and fishing stories. I believe them all. Don't let morons like happy perch fisher put you down, he can sit on here and bitch and whine and **** and moan, but yet he never posts pictures or suggest anything productive.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fisherman Guy View Post
I have not been on here long, and I agree with Dave, yer a solid guy who does not need to get down on someone elses issues. I was beginning to wonder where the Big Bad John came from, all of your posts are positive!! Keep up the good fishin stories, I enjoy them! and just for you BBJ, I will keep my shirt on from now on!
HAHAHAH Thats funny nah im just kidding
Old 05-23-2008, 12:39 AM

Ok so lets just find out whos coming saturday so I know how much food to bring. NOTE BRING YOUR OWN CUP AND PLATE AND FORK. I will cook up potatos, I do beleave redneck posse is brionging brautworsts , and my buddy bringin burgers, someone bring pop keep in mind we camn do this as a group thing can be alot of fun. I have also told others to bring stuff from 3 other forums , looks like we can get a few guys out, lots of room so feel free to bring your friends wives girl friends family's.

WHERE WERE MEETING : Coal lake north shore. you will see me dark blue dodge truck .

TIME WERE MEETING: 10:00

anyone with any issues post them.
Old 05-23-2008, 02:19 AM

Default COAL LAKe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBADJOHN View Post
I know its weird , ive never used spoons Its crazy almost . Ive always used bait and bait hooks or jigs ither vertical jigging or cast / retrive . Also those storm baits work well , the ones that look like perch or pike which ever one you choose to use .

As for fishing that would be great always looking for new guys to meet up with . Thinking about doing a cook out / some fishing for this up coming saturday be there or be square type thing . see if i cant get the bbq and cook up some food , or camp stove cook on that . Anyway if your interested or anyone else reading this is interesting just say so and we will get this saturday fishing thing in order .
which part of the lake will you be fishing, i woulndnt mind heading out, probably a good way to meet some of the guys on here.
Old 05-23-2008, 02:39 AM

Default oops

alright i'm obviously a tool because i posted without reading the rest of the posts, i will be showing up but sometime later in the day, if i can find someone to come with me i'll bring the 16ft'er and troll like a madman, i may also have room on the boat if i do bring it, good peeps are always welcome, driving a red tundra with black canopy.

By the way anyone know the pike regs off-hand for the lake, oh and seeing as how there are some touchy folks on the forum i will probably end up taking a fish home to fry up if possible hope no-one gets bent out of shape about that, lol.

BBJ, every time i'm on here i'm checking out your pics and reading cool stuff you write about your fishing endevours, so keep truckn' man its all good, and dont loose one second of sleep over ingnorant people.

Last edited by ukrmaf; 05-23-2008 at 02:48 AM. Reason: corrections
Old 05-23-2008, 07:18 AM

Coal Lake
May 16 to Mar. 31 – Pike limit 3 over 63 cm; Perch limit 5.
Apr. 1 to May 15 – CLOSED
Old 05-23-2008, 07:28 AM

I have fished Coal lake a bunch in the past ,north boat launch i believe is 5' of water right on the launch . I can't remember any bad spots in it but it has been a few years since i have been there, and the pike were mighty tasty as well.
Old 05-23-2008, 07:50 AM

I have a 24' foot Crestliner pontoon boat that we are itching to get out on the water next week. Does Coal Lake have a decent boat launch that we could launch at??
Old 05-23-2008, 08:03 AM

yes it does just depends where you want to launch from the north or south shore.
Old 05-23-2008, 09:11 AM

BBJ, unless something comes up between now and then I will be there for 10 am. I will bring a couple of cases of soda pop, Pepsi and Root Beer okay?

I have the copper colored GMC Canyon and be pulling the black and silver Crestliner boat. Someone going to have a towrope there in case the launch is not good as it should be as my little truck is only 2 wheel drive and don't want to pay for the gas to bring my 4x4 ( I am cheap) LOL.

BBJ, if you got a cell number pm it to me and I will send ya mine incase I get lost or something.
Old 05-23-2008, 09:41 AM

I got chains and a truck . like i said , its a cement boatlaunch . and they seem to keep it fairly maintained as the other day Tuesday when we were there , there were a few guys doing grass and stuff , sure John bring soda's whatever you want man , this is going to be a kick ass time , ive been talking to tundra buck says he may come , and same with moosehunter3-0 not forsure but ive let them know. Any rate im off to a meeting in my GIT R DONE shirt see if i cant dress to impress . Anyway I will be back this afternoon, IF ANYONE NEEDS ANYTHING PHONE 780-668-0288
Old 05-23-2008, 10:06 AM

Guys, have a great time out there on Saturday! I fully expect a report back with pics

I'm heading to Sylvan with my dad on Saturday to try for some open water whites and "Molly-sized" gators. I'll be sure to report back....unless we get skunked
Old 05-23-2008, 10:09 AM

okay john i'm in i can only find one package of homemade german bratworst i'll bring it along and i'll grab some dogs from sobeys.
Old 05-23-2008, 10:11 AM

Snapfisher be careful what ya ask for, some of us may not be too photogenic and may scare the youngens!
Old 05-23-2008, 10:37 AM

hey happy perch fisher...... can you please just go away now, we all know who the idiot is and the more you talk, the more you remove any doubt! BBJ, dont give guys like this the time of day