Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-17-2007, 03:45 PM
Duffy4

Default Real Oiler Fans

How many real oiler fans out there? By that I mean fans who like to see the boys out there playin hockey. And you support the team through good years and bad, winning streaks and losing streaks.

I'm not talking about the people who jump ship like rats when things go for a bad turn. People who whine about the decisions of management and rave about how horible their "favorite team" is.

Robin in Rocky
Old 03-17-2007, 05:02 PM
Tree Guy

Cut me and I bleed oil! I was a kid in minor hockey the first year they came into the league. I was given a poster of all the NHL team logos, and I liked Oiler's logo the best and have cheered for them ever since!

One question though, why does something I love so much have to hurt me so much? HaHaHa! To be an Oilers fan takes true gumption and a bit of massacism! lol
Old 03-17-2007, 06:04 PM
slipbobber

count me in. Last month has been really hard to take. To go from a team in the race to what it is now. Who would of ever thunk this would happen. Can't win anything right now. I'm not sure what they are going to do to get some name players to sign on for next year.
Old 03-17-2007, 07:16 PM
kanonfodder

Default Oil

Always a fan, even when they have a bad season,been a fan since inception, used to go to Oil Kings as a little kid with my Da,
Old 03-17-2007, 09:02 PM
gunner 83

Default i'm a fan!

sign me up, this season has hit the crapper, but they are still my team
Old 03-17-2007, 11:27 PM
Davey Crocket

Default Re: i'm a fan!

I'm still in OIL Country, but to see the team like this sucks. Rebuilding... damn I hope so, prospects... I hope so.. Coachin wise, Mac T must of caught someone with a goat.
Old 03-18-2007, 12:42 AM
gunner 83

Quote:
Mac T must of caught someone with a goat.
or the team that was young to begin with got all the wind knocked out of their sails, and then fell victim to a CRAZY rash of injuries (11 oilers injured as of tonight) , and team management feels like he is doing a good job in getting the young guys ice time and experience and are looking towards the near future.
Old 03-18-2007, 08:16 AM
fishhunt

Been a fan since the WHA days, family had season tickets for the last year in that league and first 5 years of NHL.
Old 03-18-2007, 01:27 PM
Tree Guy

At what point do all just disguisted with the term, "rebuilding", or, "youth movement"!

I competely blame our suffering on chris pronger's penis! All it takes is one bad decision to turn everything upside down!

pronger still with the Oilers, we're in the playoffs WITH Ryan Smyth. We should start a petition to punish pronger's pecker! lol (sort of)
Old 03-18-2007, 01:42 PM
fallairfever

Yup,
I count myself as a true fan. The since the Smyth trade I feel like the team, I think, a little delflated. All the injuries suck. Cant wait until wed to head up to Edmonton to see the Oil play the Avs, may not be the greatest hockey but oh well, put on the jersey, have a few beers and hope the boys give me a bit to cheer about!!
FallAirFever
Old 03-18-2007, 05:23 PM
Brady

Well in the last month or so we have moved up about 1000 spots on the waiting list for season tickets. If our number comes up, I will gladly roll the dough out, and will for many years to come. I can't really believe there have been this many people not renewing.....:rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes
Old 03-18-2007, 06:16 PM
Tree Guy

I hear ya Brady. If anyone has some spare cash in Edmonton, invest in crutches or wheelchairs for all of the injuries incurred for those jumping off of the bandwagon, you'll make a fortune!
Old 03-18-2007, 10:10 PM
Morbius131

Bleed Copper and Blue here. Oh and just to put a little more joy in all the Oilers fans day...if Calgary keeps playing their top shelf hockey they are going to be making tee times with our boys when they aren't injured .

Either way this is great to get our young guys up and get a feel for the game. This will only help us in the long run.

Morb
Old 03-18-2007, 10:16 PM
bigbore

i may have gotten into watching hockey last year, but ill always root for oilers. and anyone who is against the flames.

PLus its a great way to spend a evening with the wife as she likes watching NHL.
Old 03-18-2007, 10:20 PM
WCTHEMI

All Oil, all the time. No band wagon jumping for this guy. I hate the way this season has turned out, but that's the way it goes sometimes.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:37 PM
bearbait

oil all the time!!!we need to get rid of mc t and lowe before we go places!!look for mess as coach next year!!!:rollin
Old 03-19-2007, 05:46 PM
WCTHEMI

The biggest problem with the Oil is the lack of a farm team of their own. They never should have left Cape Breton.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:47 PM
bearbait

yup ill give you that one..
Old 03-19-2007, 09:51 PM
WCTHEMI

Just heard, the Oil signed a deal with the Springfield Falcons of the AHL. Its about time.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:58 PM
Tree Guy

Hey WC,

Believe me Cape Breton still misses them to this day! I've seen many games down in Sydney! I used to scrap Denis Bonvie in minor hockey! (he was smaller then...much smaller!):b Nevertheless, still a good Antigonish boy!
Old 03-20-2007, 11:47 AM
Okotokian

Quote:
I'm not talking about the people who jump ship like rats when things go for a bad turn. People who whine about the decisions of management and rave about how horible their "favorite team" is.
Are you suggesting that anyone who criticizes team decisions and management is not a "real fan"? I have to disagree. I've followed and rooted for them since Skalbania brought them to town, But this edition is not a good team. They are not in the playoffs, have lost 11 straight. The goal is to AT LEAST get in the playoffs. Ask any member of the ownership group if they are happy with less than that. Management has clearly failed. I can't put any other spin on it than that. This isn't a cup contender in anyone's books. Would you be perfectly content to field the same line-up, coaches, and management next year? I wouldn't be.

Can't cry about the Pronger trade anymore. Lowe has had a year and the cap space left by him to address it. Didn't get it done, even as other teams grabbed defencemen.