Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-08-2011, 09:22 PM

Default Opening day

so I pull up to my fishing spot, at the crack of 7 am. One other vehicle there, across the inlet. I see clearly, 2 fishing rods propped up in the rocks. I get the truck turned around, and see him with the door open, and see only one rod in the rocks. I ask if theres someone else in the car, and he says, no just me. Ask if he knows that only one rod is allowed per person in open water, he says oh yah, I know. He grabs his other rod, finishes packing up, and drives away. I didnt see him reel in the first rod, could have just been a spare, but yah right. Didnt see any fish , or him even cast either rod, so I didnt call RAP. What I did do, was take pics of him, his car, and his license number. One minute into my season, is the whole year going to be like this???? Just to let him know, if hes on the board, I know you now, I have all your info, and if I see you with 2 lines out again I will be dialling RAP before my dust even settles. Not going to post his ethnicity, since I have asian friends on the board who are NOT even close to being poachers. This was just south of Brooks. On the bright side, 3 young fellows from Calgary pull up, catch a bunch of walleyes, and everyone gets carefully released back into the lake, plus a whitefish that was foulhooked. |Thanks guys, if you are on the board, I was impressed. Have a great season.

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 05-09-2011, 12:25 AM

Good job taking down the info. Person are not guilty until proven. Highly likely he was fishing with 2 rods, and therefore start peeing his pants therefore left the place in a hurry. Guess he's lucky this time.

Personally I don't see how fishing with 2 rods is fun. In my books, the best part is actually feeling the bite, setting the hook, and pulling the fish in.

Wayne, were you @ Newell? If so, how was the ice condition there today?
Old 05-09-2011, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SushiUnagi View Post
Good job taking down the info. Person are not guilty until proven. Highly likely he was fishing with 2 rods, and therefore start peeing his pants therefore left the place in a hurry. Guess he's lucky this time.

Personally I don't see how fishing with 2 rods is fun. In my books, the best part is actually feeling the bite, setting the hook, and pulling the fish in.

Wayne, were you @ Newell? If so, how was the ice condition there today?
I drove by Newell, and from what i saw a lot of the ice from the day before was gone, but I didnt get too close to check it out.

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 05-09-2011, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
Not going to post his ethnicity, since I have asian friends
Old 05-09-2011, 10:57 AM

Good on you Wayne!! maybe a little talking was all he needed to make him think next time he is out.
Myself I like the 2 rod limit in the winter and 1 in the summer. I do agree, I like to feel the bite, but in the winter I also like to see the 2nd rod bend on a bite when I am jigging the 1st. lol
Darn, why does winter have to end?

I still lose bait that way.

UPS will fondle your animals!!
Old 05-09-2011, 08:07 PM

Yeah i seen some poching on sunday.. only way to describe them are asian....

we were out on the boat there was way to many to figure out who belonged to what car to take pictures / report them we also had no cell service.

we were at Travlers even another guy on a boat yelled over at them saying the wasent long enuf they just kept going about there business and kept anything they caught.

Dont really know what to do in that situation.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:13 PM

You should give F&W a call after...even if they couldn't catch them this time they'll know to patrol the area more often to catch these a-holes. Bust them all. Frigging asian disgrace.