Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-14-2017, 06:20 PM

For the most part I was always treaded good during my years leading to
My ticket. You always have a hand full of people that have had nothing going for them in life so they need to treat people like crap. But as being someone that has owned operated a little business, you get a lot more out of people if you work hard and set an example and teach.
Old 10-14-2017, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gboe8 View Post
For the most part I was always treaded good during my years leading to
My ticket. You always have a hand full of people that have had nothing going for them in life so they need to treat people like crap. But as being someone that has owned operated a little business, you get a lot more out of people if you work hard and set an example and teach.
You are right, but it didn't work worth a damn with that useless piece of skin cousin you employed. LOL.

Last edited by sns2; 10-14-2017 at 06:29 PM.
Old 10-14-2017, 07:08 PM

I have no use for older apprentices or ticketed guys who treat the apprentice like dirt. Some guys think once they get their ticket the sun shines out of their bottom. Funny thing is whem guys get reputations of being bad to apprentuces it sticks. I know the shop i worked for is one of the most prestigous in its area but it has a hard time staffing cause they pay their apprentices badly and over work them. Also this last part applies to pretty well any job. How is it bearable to make your coworkers hate you? Not all of mine like me but i dont go out of my way to make it happen.
Old 10-14-2017, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trophybook View Post
Little mouth piece kids need to get the gears and shown who's boss....to entitled these days
People with your opinion usually are the biggest mouth pieces. You're contempt makes you sad.
Old 10-15-2017, 05:54 AM

Had Apprentices and Journeymen from my favourite Electrician outfit - Apprentice roughed in electrics for my downstairs bathroom - tidiest job ever and wanted to know how I wanted things. The most senior Journeyman did the final install after the gyproc and flooring was in - while the Apprentice was writing his finals for Journeyman status.
I never saw anything but respect and professionalism from these guys, between these guys and the owner of the company. I think that is the way it should be.
Burco Electric in Saskatoon are on my list of good guys.