Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-07-2007, 09:04 PM
lethalconnection

Default ITS ALMOST TIME

Seen a couple poppin their heads out

youtube.com/watch?v=iVO-SlZQfi4
Old 03-07-2007, 10:16 PM
jrs

They were in full force today, taunting me almost. If the weather holds up this weeked i may tey to knock off one or two. Guesse your itching to get out? May have to with this warm weather wreaking havok on the ice :lol .
Old 03-07-2007, 10:39 PM
lethalconnection

Yah this warm weather has got my golpher slayin mode startin up
Old 03-08-2007, 09:14 PM
re

Default re

Holy-- what are those guys shooting those things with? must be shotguns!! We usually average 100 or so on a good day!
Old 03-09-2007, 12:27 AM
RE: gopher sh

Default RE: gopher shoot

never got out there and fired at some those dudes before but would like to. what's the deal after you shoot them, does the farmer require you to pick them up? or can you just leave them or the pieces in the field?
Old 03-09-2007, 12:33 AM
RyanGSP

Default Re: RE: gopher shoot

"Not sure for any one shot, but for most of the shots we used Remington .223 model 788, .221 Fireball, or .223 Thompson Contender."

Ive hit them with the 12 gauge BB and slugs there isnt much left to distiguish it as a gopher.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:36 AM
lethalconnection

bigrig most of the time i just leave them, feeds the yotes and magpies and crows, most of the tim the farmers dont care that you leave them out there just as long as you kill them.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:39 AM
RE: gopher sh

Default RE: gopher shoot

awesome dude, thanks. gotta get my .22 out there and practice some shoots.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:14 PM
Okotokian

Hmmmm... So if I were PETA and I wanted to generate even more anti-hunting sentiment, what might I do? I think I might post videos of cute little animals getting blown away with guts spraying everywhere on a popular website, with inane music in the background. Now for deer, I'd use the soundtrack from Bambi in the background. And I'd make it look like I was a hunter posting it, not PETA.

If you are a hunter, you already know what an animal getting shot looks like. This video doesn't teach you a thing. And for non-hunters, this can't help. Not criticizing you Lethalconnection, more the original poster on Youtube.
Old 03-09-2007, 05:49 PM
shotgun

Why should we hide from PETA or anybody else? they have fat naked people laying in the streets, that my brother is wrong and they post that crap all over the web.

By hiding out or keeping low key implies wrong doing in and of itself. Is shooting a gopher or a deer (with bambi music or any other sound track playing) in bad taste?

I thought is was a good montage of gopher assasinations.
Old 03-09-2007, 05:50 PM
Rookie Recurve

I agree, may not be polite, but niether are overweight naked people running around with signs. There are better ways to express ones opinion. I imagine a lot of people would be offended by exploding gophers, I guess I was just raised different. We must be tolerant of all peoples views, even if we think it is terrible. Sure looks more humane than the way I used to do it as a kid. 5 gallon bucket full of water and a stick.
Old 03-09-2007, 06:23 PM
cohod

Default little dogs

Saw the 1st one of the year in Calgary to day! Another week of warm and there should be some good shootin’8)

cohod
Old 03-09-2007, 07:28 PM
lethalconnection

Quote:
Sure looks more humane than the way I used to do it as a kid. 5 gallon bucket full of water and a stick.
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :rollin :rollin
Old 03-09-2007, 10:34 PM
varmitr

makes me wanna itch my finger
Old 03-09-2007, 11:40 PM
Senator

Default mwuhaha

Mwuhaha damn funny video. Time to mount my scope on my .223 and blast away
Old 03-11-2007, 06:55 PM
grandzillaa

Okotokian, you should have seen the topic on gophers last year that was started by BB. Man that took a big turn and headed into a religious topic. I don't have time for "gopher olimpics", but the farmers I know want them dead.