Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 01-15-2014, 01:42 PM

Default Thompson Center Arms Dimension Rifle

Hi there. I found this rifle online and liked it. Watched some Youtube videos. Looks like awesome rifle. Does anyone has or had one? Is it good? Also any info on where I can buy one in Calgary or around? Thanks.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:17 PM

Ran into a guy from the states one year with one handled it for a bit and gave it back felt and looked terrible not for me he said it shot well bit never did see for myself but a couple quick shoulders and i knew it wasnt for me
Old 01-15-2014, 08:29 PM
Banned

all and all rifle got great reviews and it seems solid, I handled one at WSS in Calgary last year. the interchangeable barrels and calibers is a nice idea and it was well priced at around 650 bucks if i remember correctly.

the reasons why I didn't buy it that day
first, no one sells the barrels for them around here as of yet, so whatever caliber you get you will be stuck with for a while.and each barrel retails for around $250 if i remember correctly

secondly, switching barrels is rather cumbersome from what i was told (guys plz correct me if im wrong). switching the barrel requires taking off the scope and remounting it again and again, leveling it and resighting it. the only other option is to get a 1 piece scope rings that mount fully on the barrel. that way you don't have to remove the scope. but then you would have to buy a second scope and a third and so on. so if you do the math (Barrel plus scope= well over 600 bucks) you can easily buy a new savage with a scope for less.

thirdly , she is one ugly looking rifle.
Old 01-16-2014, 06:22 AM

Default yet another TC recall

ATTENTION:IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL NOTICE - All Thompson/Center Arms Icon®, Venture® and Dimension® rifles manufactured before June 13, 2013 Read More

Old 01-17-2014, 01:04 PM

Thanks guys for info.