Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-07-2022, 12:26 PM

Default Costco heated gloves

I noticed Costco are selling heated gloves this year at the stores and on line.
Has anyone tried them yet ?
Old 12-07-2022, 12:52 PM

I’ve tried them. I think I’ve tried almost every heated outdoor gear item a person can put on their body and if I haven’t tried it myself, I’ve bought them over the years for family or my ex. (Never a big hit by the way lol) My honest review is that anything heated for the hands or feet are a huge waste of money. They are either uncomfortable or cause a person to sweat which makes you colder and they will end up collecting dust in the closet. This is what I found with the Costco ones also. Sweating. Although I like my Milwaukee heated jacket - I agree with the person on the other thread about heated gear that a person should just think fur.
Old 12-07-2022, 03:48 PM

I can't comment on them but they are $40 off right now at costco
Old 12-08-2022, 01:45 PM

Well I went and checked them out today . Because they were a real light glove I decided not to buy them because when the batteries go dead my hands would freeze . Might be good for driving the car . Lol
Old 12-08-2022, 02:04 PM

I think you made a good call on that one. Like I said in the other thread- the only heated gear I would promote (other than the Milwaukee coat if sized right) is the heated seat that can be used in camping chairs or in ice fishing tents and blind chairs lol.
Old 12-08-2022, 02:23 PM

Not so much a comment on Costco's heated gloves, but heated gloves in general. By design they really aren't what a person would expect for our climate. A few years back I dropped $300 on some Seal Skinz "extreme cold" heated gloves. The heating function works well, but the gloves themselves are so poorly insulated it makes very little difference. They are nice for late fall fishing, or walking my dogs on milder winter days. Basically if the gloves are borderline adequate on any given day, the heat is a good boost to make you comfortable again. When it's below like -15c, my heated gloves stay home and I take my cheap Karbon mitts that I bought from costco. Way warmer. If I had to do it again I'd buy heater liners to be used in some nice mitts.
Old 12-08-2022, 05:27 PM

That.

And the toe warmers also work inside gloves/mitts...

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/g...p.html?loc=plp
Old 12-08-2022, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil McCracken View Post
That.

This...I use these in temps below -25 in my gloves, or one in each pocket for quick warm-ups. Work great and do last a number of hours.
Old 12-08-2022, 08:15 PM

If you're looking for heated gloves, I'd go with something designed for snowmobiling. I know Klim makes 4 models now, FXR and 509 make several as well. Each are a little different but with Klim being the standard in winter powersports gear, I would lean towards them. I ride snowmobile all winter with -36 the coldest I've rode so far, and their gear keeps you warm out as long as you were dry to start with.
Old 12-08-2022, 08:47 PM

Default derail :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil McCracken View Post
That.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
This...I use these in temps below -25 in my gloves, or one in each pocket for quick warm-ups. Work great and do last a number of hours.
I use the stick-on toe warmers on my toes, on my back, on my chest and in my mitts. I'll stick them anywhere on my body I want to keep warm. Yes I can sit with my back against a tree for hours in -25 and stay comfortably warm.

Don't stick them on clothing next to your skin. Too hot...ouch. I stick them on the outside of the third layer.

I go through a lot of these things and buy them by the case from Costco.
Old 12-08-2022, 09:12 PM

I use light heater gloves inside over-sized leather gauntlet gloves - works well.
Old 12-08-2022, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JR- View Post
Well I went and checked them out today . Because they were a real light glove I decided not to buy them because when the batteries go dead my hands would freeze . Might be good for driving the car . Lol
Bought a pair a few years ago for blowing the rink. At -15-20 they work for about 90 minutes and hands are toasty warm...but as soon as the battery dies my fingers freeze so I always carry a back up pair of warm gloves.

The light weight does make them useful for working.
Old 12-21-2022, 09:25 PM

I have 4 city blocks of sidewalks to keep clean in the winter so I took the plunge and ordered these ones:https://saviorgloves.com/product/sav...heated-gloves/

My hands always freeze when holding onto the handles of the power sweeper. They showed up yesterday so I headed out today to give them a try. On low the gloves did a good job but my fingers tips did eventually start to get cold so I increase it to medium and my hands warmed up were comfortable for the rest of time(about an hour) I was outside this afternoon.
Old 12-21-2022, 09:41 PM

Default Costco heated gloves

I dropped $300 on a pair of Motion Heat, heated gloves last winter. I wish I had my money back. They’re more for yuppies who are outside for a walk on a cooler day, not for hard core outdoorsman.
Old 12-21-2022, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JR- View Post
Better buy a car with heated steering wheel ( my wife has one and I love it)
But on serious note - I would buy gloves that can be plugged in to you heated jacket . Those batteries on gloves are very uncomfortable to work

Last edited by sailor; 12-21-2022 at 10:16 PM.
Old 12-21-2022, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger7mm View Post
I dropped $300 on a pair of Motion Heat, heated gloves last winter. I wish I had my money back. They’re more for yuppies who are outside for a walk on a cooler day, not for hard core outdoorsman.
I have those too. If you wear them inside of an oversized pair of elk hide mitts or gloves, they'll hold the heat much better. I bought a custom pair off a guy on this forum that makes them. I got the 'gauntlet' style to support the batteries.
Old 12-22-2022, 08:33 AM

I've been looking at the G-Tech handwarmer at London Drugs. A heated pouch worn around the waist. Going to try this idea so that I can wear lighter gloves when working outside and warm up hands when needed. And it's rechargeable. Has anybody experience with this?
Old 12-23-2022, 07:46 AM

Had some knock off ones a few year back and not worth the hassle tbh. Better just going with an over-mitt and make sure your base layer gloves aren't too tight to allow for better circulation.
Old 12-23-2022, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmay View Post
I've been looking at the G-Tech handwarmer at London Drugs. A heated pouch worn around the waist. Going to try this idea so that I can wear lighter gloves when working outside and warm up hands when needed. And it's rechargeable. Has anybody experience with this?
I have the Milwaukee pouch 12v,cant really fit my gloved hands in.I used it yesterday wrapped around my lower back it gives some heat .

I use it mainly in the fall when you have bare hands,golfing or walking the dog.
Old 12-23-2022, 08:32 AM

this one.https://www.milwaukeetool.com/2322-20
Old 12-23-2022, 11:53 PM

I am not sure if this works to keep hands warm or not as I have never tried it. But I read years ago that if you cut the top off an old sock and put it around your wrist and then take one of those heat packs from cad tire/costco that were posted above and stick it in there, it will keep your hands warm. Has anyone posting here ever tried this?