Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-07-2022, 05:36 PM

Default RCMP Communications Contract Blunder

And yet another blunder by Trudeau and his government, that could give the Chinese access to security information.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/rcm...hina-1.6676065
Old 12-07-2022, 05:42 PM

This isn't the first time that contracts for security sensitive applications were given to the Chinese. There was a case a couple years back where they were providing x-ray equipment for our embassies too.

So, par for the course.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7189962/c...ntracts-china/

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 12-07-2022, 05:48 PM

I don't believe it was a blunder, I'm sure he was well paid from the Chinese Communist Party.
Old 12-07-2022, 05:51 PM

Probably one of the companies that donated a lot money to the liberal party election campaign, which came from the Chinese ............ no that could never happen in Canada with our transparent liberals

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 12-07-2022, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Red 250 View Post
I don't believe it was a blunder, I'm sure he was well paid from the Chinese Communist Party.
If that is the case, the Chinese will lecture him again for letting the media find out, like they did at the G20 , after the Chinese interference in our federal elections was exposed.

Quote:
Probably one of the companies that donated a lot money to the liberal party election campaign, which came from the Chinese ............ no that could never happen in Canada with our transparent liberals
Quite possible.
Old 12-07-2022, 06:11 PM

With all the access to sensitive information they have, wonder if China will just tell us directly who the lieberals are that they funded during the election. As it currently stands, it’s better odds then waiting for trudeau to.
Old 12-07-2022, 06:16 PM

Definitely not by accident
Old 12-07-2022, 06:43 PM

This is so discouraging. Someone in procurement even stated that security had not been considered before this sole-sourced contract was let out. Hard to believe that people so clueless can actually be in charge of procurement. This as two more Chinese “police stations” are identified in Canada.
Old 12-07-2022, 08:07 PM

.Toronto and area , Ottawa, Montreal and area, and West Coast voted for this
Old 12-07-2022, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintearthCounty View Post
.Toronto and area , Ottawa, Montreal and area, and West Coast voted for this
Don't forget the Atlantic provinces, they gave most of their seats to Trudeau.
Old 12-07-2022, 08:56 PM

Pierre P called it out pretty good today.

https://youtube.com/shorts/nXEtJc3C8hc?feature=share

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 12-07-2022, 08:56 PM

Not surprising at all. The only real news here is that CBC seems to actually be printing things not entirely painting the current government in the best light. Obviously not exposing the real big issues, but lately they have had a few stories that haven’t carried on with the “our leader can do no wrong” approach. It’s probably way too optimistic but just maybe there’s a few in the ranks seeing a possible shift in the tide?
Old 12-07-2022, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Elk View Post
Not surprising at all. The only real news here is that CBC seems to actually be printing things not entirely painting the current government in the best light. Obviously not exposing the real big issues, but lately they have had a few stories that haven’t carried on with the “our leader can do no wrong” approach. It’s probably way too optimistic but just maybe there’s a few in the ranks seeing a possible shift in the tide?
The CBC is in panic mood they know PP is going to be elected and they are trying to save their 2.2 billion dollar jobs.
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 12-07-2022, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Elk View Post
You can always tell who the users are by the way they change sides.

Is it me, or is possible that the CBC smells a change of regime, and is trying to cozy up to the Opposition parties to keep their huge budget intact when the next election is over?

Drewski
Old 12-07-2022, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
The CBC is in panic mood they know PP is going to be elected and they are trying to save their 2.2 billion dollar jobs.
If that is true, then the liberals will really be in trouble for the next election. They manipulated previous elections in favor if the liberals, so if they switch sides, it could make a huge difference.
Old 12-07-2022, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
If that is true, then the liberals will really be in trouble for the next election. They manipulated previous elections in favor if the liberals, so if they switch sides, it could make a huge difference.
The only thing that saved their bacon in the last election is that Alberta had a Covid outbreak, a month later so did every other province but for a short period it could be held up as an example of what would happen if Canada embraced the more relaxed policies promised by the PC's.

Trudeau won the last election by a hair, basically due to a fluke. At this point his popularity has only fallen, and the NDP will almost certainly have lost some support as well... not trying to be too optomistic but I dont think the smart money is on Trudeau next time.

And then there is the fact that the media is turning on him... pretty much globaly. JT was an international joke halfway through his first term, but the global media had better things to cover. Post convoy its a very different story, internationaly we are losing friends faster than Kanye West, the global media is no longer ignoring our insufferable PM, my internet browsers are no longer filtering in his favor, and even CBC cant whitewash all of his failures. Perhaps this is the most encouraging sign of all, since in Canada its pretty rare for the herd to vote against the media favorite.
Old 12-07-2022, 10:20 PM

And in regards to the Contract, I've become 100% sure that Trudeau has to be getting personally compensated by the Chinese. His blatant and completely inexcusable loyalty to China doesnt make a lick of sense in any other scenario.

Last edited by Bushleague; 12-07-2022 at 10:27 PM.
Old 12-08-2022, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushleague View Post
The only thing that saved their bacon in the last election is that Alberta had a Covid outbreak, a month later so did every other province but for a short period it could be held up as an example of what would happen if Canada embraced the more relaxed policies promised by the PC's.

Trudeau won the last election by a hair, basically due to a fluke. At this point his popularity has only fallen, and the NDP will almost certainly have lost some support as well... not trying to be too optomistic but I dont think the smart money is on Trudeau next time.

And then there is the fact that the media is turning on him... pretty much globaly. JT was an international joke halfway through his first term, but the global media had better things to cover. Post convoy its a very different story, internationaly we are losing friends faster than Kanye West, the global media is no longer ignoring our insufferable PM, my internet browsers are no longer filtering in his favor, and even CBC cant whitewash all of his failures. Perhaps this is the most encouraging sign of all, since in Canada its pretty rare for the herd to vote against the media favorite.
He won’t be running in the next election. It’ll be freeloader (Freeland).
Old 12-08-2022, 09:07 AM

Interesting to watch Sock Boy trying to skate on this yesterday
Puffing and blowing about how he couldn't understand how "the Public Service" could let this happen.
Apparently the idea of Ministerial responsibility is one that hasn't quite penetrated. Of course if a person has never actually had a real job perhaps the concept of personal responsibility for your actions is a little vague.

Helena Jaczek (never heard of her) is drawing a salary as the Minister of Public Services and Procurement. She gets paid to oversee Canadian Government procurement.
Her officials let the contract.
They all act under a Ministerial Delegation of Authority, so when they sign a contract, they do it on her behalf...

In the real world it would be - pack your stuff and down the road you go.
In the old days, the Prime Minister would be telling the media "I have asked the Minister for her resignation"
In our Brave New World it must be someone else's fault.
Old 12-08-2022, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewski Canuck View Post
You can always tell who the users are by the way they change sides.

Is it me, or is possible that the CBC smells a change of regime, and is trying to cozy up to the Opposition parties to keep their huge budget intact when the next election is over?

Drewski
It's not just you. I think the CBC execs are reading the tea leaves, maybe chinese tea leaves, and have noted a strong wind starting to build.

Really how much corruption can a national news source actually prop up.

As for the contract, I'm not surprised the chinese have ties to it. We're only just seeing the tip of the iceberg.

While little potato is bending over for Klaus, the chinese are coming in through a trojan horse and quietly taking over.

BW
Old 12-08-2022, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundog57 View Post
Interesting to watch Sock Boy trying to skate on this yesterday
Puffing and blowing about how he couldn't understand how "the Public Service" could let this happen.
Apparently the idea of Ministerial responsibility is one that hasn't quite penetrated. Of course if a person has never actually had a real job perhaps the concept of personal responsibility for your actions is a little vague.

Helena Jaczek (never heard of her) is drawing a salary as the Minister of Public Services and Procurement. She gets paid to oversee Canadian Government procurement.
Her officials let the contract.
They all act under a Ministerial Delegation of Authority, so when they sign a contract, they do it on her behalf...

In the real world it would be - pack your stuff and down the road you go.
In the old days, the Prime Minister would be telling the media "I have asked the Minister for her resignation"
In our Brave New World it must be someone else's fault.
Ministerial responsibility and monetary values, equally get as much thought and attention by the little potato.

He makes it sound like all of the ministers and government execs are briefing him daily on what is happening in Canada. In reality he locks himself in his office and plays video games, or maybe with plastic trucks.

BW
Old 12-08-2022, 12:15 PM

It's all good, they cancelled the contract. Which probably means they paid in full for equipment that they won't use because of the security risk. It's another learning moment for Canadians.

https://nationalpost.com/news/rcmp-s...45d23be24/amp/

Old 12-08-2022, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
It's not just you. I think the CBC execs are reading the tea leaves, maybe chinese tea leaves, and have noted a strong wind starting to build.

Really how much corruption can a national news source actually prop up.

As for the contract, I'm not surprised the chinese have ties to it. We're only just seeing the tip of the iceberg.

While little potato is bending over for Klaus, the chinese are coming in through a trojan horse and quietly taking over.

BW
I really cant see how he isnt personally involved in it. When he couldnt sit through a NAFTA meeting without trying to chastise the US on humanitarian issues, but remained on his best behaviour whilst dealing with China it was a little baffeling, but since then...

At the same point he was figuring out how to dissarm his own country, he invites the Chinese army here to do training excercises.

They keep two Canadians imprisoned for 1000 days and he just shrugs his shoulders.

China flat out threatens us over sending embasadors to Taiwan and Trudeau does his best to smooth things over.

China has their own police facilitys set up on Canadian soil, once again Trudeau dodges the questions

Military inteligence reports that our government has been comporomized by Chinese intrests, Trudeau does nothing.

Inteligence tells us they've meddled in the past few elections, Trudeau trys to smooth it over.

Now it turns out the federal government has basically been spoon feeding the Chinese inteligence and he try's to deflect the blame.

How long do we keep chalking these things up to Trudeau being a moron? Yes, he is a moron, and on their own any of these things could have been overlooked. But with a pattern such as this, going on as steadily as it has been, is there any other scenario where one would continue to belive something like this is all a coincidence? I'm honestly begining to believe that the criteria for invoking the Emergency's act... AGAINST the current government, has been probably been met at this point.

Last edited by Bushleague; 12-08-2022 at 12:30 PM.
Old 12-08-2022, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushleague View Post
I really cant see how he isnt personally involved in it. When he couldnt sit through a NAFTA meeting without trying to chastise the US on humanitarian issues, but remained on his best behaviour whilst dealing with China it was a little baffeling, but since then...

At the same point he was figuring out how to dissarm his own country, he invites the Chinese army here to do training excercises.

They keep two Canadians imprisoned for 1000 days and he just shrugs his shoulders.

China flat out threatens us over sending embasadors to Taiwan and Trudeau does his best to smooth things over.

China has their own police facilitys set up on Canadian soil, once again Trudeau dodges the questions

Military inteligence reports that our government has been comporomized by Chinese intrests, Trudeau does nothing.

Inteligence tells us they've meddled in the past few elections, Trudeau trys to smooth it over.

Now it turns out the federal government has basically been spoon feeding the Chinese inteligence and he try's to deflect the blame.

How long do we keep chalking these things up to Trudeau being a moron? Yes, he is a moron, and on their own any of these things could have been overlooked. But with a pattern such as this, going on as steadily as it has been, is there any other scenario where one would continue to belive something like this is all a coincidence? I'm honestly begining to believe that the criteria for invoking the Emergency's act... AGAINST the current government, has been probably been met at this point.
Good points. Yes Canada is facing an emergency. The real terrorist threatening us is holding a makeshift majority of power in Ottawa

BW

Last edited by Bigwoodsman; 12-08-2022 at 01:35 PM.
Old 12-08-2022, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
Good points. Yes Canada is facing an emergency. The real terrorist threatening us or holding a makeshift majority of power in Ottawa

BW
The most dangerous enemy of Canada, is the enemy within.
Old 12-08-2022, 01:20 PM

Voters in Toronto and area, Ottawa, Montreal and area, and West Coast are all in favour of what the TruFool & his government are doing to destroy Canada
Old 12-09-2022, 11:15 AM

It seems the RCMP has voided the contract but who actually let the contract - RCMP or a Trudeau bureaucrat. The RCMP. Has enough problems without being tagged for a boneheaded decision made by Trudeau’s people. Someone signed off on it and this info should be public knowledge.
Old 12-09-2022, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdog15 View Post
It seems the RCMP has voided the contract but who actually let the contract - RCMP or a Trudeau bureaucrat. The RCMP. Has enough problems without being tagged for a boneheaded decision made by Trudeau’s people. Someone signed off on it and this info should be public knowledge.
This part of the story would indicate that the RCMP are as clueless about the security of their communications technology as they are about firearms. It's all political posturing for their lieberal masters.

Quote:
An RCMP spokesperson told Radio-Canada in a media statement that installation work on the systems has started in Ontario and Saskatchewan.

"Most of the time, the RCMP radio support teams carry out the installation themselves," said Cpl. Kim Chamberland in an email.

But the contract's call for tenders requires that the contractor provide maintenance and technical support services after the system is installed.

Chamberland told Radio-Canada that the RCMP is confident the system will remain secure.

"All information, including radio frequencies, is shared securely and only with those with the appropriate level of security," she wrote.

"All contractors who have access to RCMP networks and locations must obtain a security clearance according to the work to be performed."

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell

Last edited by urban rednek; 12-09-2022 at 12:04 PM.