Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-07-2022, 09:25 PM

Private vs government run health care.

Blood tests and xrays etc. in Medicine Hat when private, ZERO wait time, walk in, get it done, go home.

After the NDP set up super clinics 3-4 week waits IF you can get in at all. Ya the government is real good at running things....Into the ground
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 12-08-2022, 07:34 AM

Sounds like it's passed. Notley has already started crying.

The UCP has cut off debate on the job-killing, unconstitutional Sovereignty Act and voted it through the Legislature at 1 a.m. on a Thursday morning.

Twitter thread here: https://twitter.com/RachelNotley/sta...63650146717696
Old 12-08-2022, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cove View Post

The UCP has cut off debate on the job-killing, unconstitutional Sovereignty Act and voted it through the Legislature at 1 a.m. on a Thursday morning.

I’m sorry I won’t follow Rachel on Twitter
Old 12-08-2022, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cove View Post

Well Notley is an expert at killing private sector jobs, she drove a lot of investment out of Alberta.
Old 12-08-2022, 08:36 AM

Interesting that Quebec is already taking on the Feds at the Supreme Court on Federal/Provincial jurisdiction
and we're hearing from the CBC and the MSM.... crickets
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7ZfBNdZXdc
Old 12-08-2022, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Well Notley is an expert at killing private sector jobs, she drove a lot of investment out of Alberta.
You want to talk about killing jobs just wait. This act passing at 1am with most major cabinet ministers missing shows you the level this government will go to.
Old 12-08-2022, 08:44 AM

Yeah if Smith gets Trudeaus boot off of Alberta’s throat nobody will want to invest here.
Old 12-08-2022, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody j View Post
Yeah if Smith gets Trudeaus boot off of Alberta’s throat nobody will want to invest here.
Exactly, Nutley should get off the Alberta seperation bullshat on her ads!
Old 12-08-2022, 11:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESOXangler View Post
You want to talk about killing jobs just wait. This act passing at 1am with most major cabinet ministers missing shows you the level this government will go to.
And your hero Notley didn’t even vote against it.
Old 12-08-2022, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokinyotes View Post
I’m sorry I won’t follow Rachel on Twitter
Haven't seen no tweet from her yet, she must be still sobbing.
Old 12-08-2022, 12:22 PM

Quote:
This act passing at 1am with most major cabinet ministers missing shows you the level this government will go to.
What are you implying? The evening sitting started at 7:30pm and the amendments were debated and voted on until 1am. All MLAs were free to attend the sitting and vote.

Nutley's last amendment vote was at 10:16pm, then she voted no more. If this was so important to the NDP, why didn't she stick around to the end and vote against it?

In the end only 7 stuck around to vote against Bill 1.
Old 12-08-2022, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichV View Post
What are you implying? The evening sitting started at 7:30pm and the amendments were debated and voted on until 1am. All MLAs were free to attend the sitting and vote.

Nutley's last amendment vote was at 10:16pm, then she voted no more. If this was so important to the NDP, why didn't she stick around to the end and vote against it?

You're soo scared if Notley that you'd accept anything. I'm not talking about her anyways. Don't you find it suspicious that a few of the higher ranking people missed the vote. This is a pretty serious bill. Or that's ok eh cause screw the libs. Let's look past accountability in our leadership. Fools man absolutely fools.

Also 5 years you've been around a 5 posts. Are you a bot too? 🤔
Old 12-08-2022, 12:56 PM

Well the UCP had better win the upcoming spring election then. If they lose to the NDP, Rachel and company won't rescind the Alberta Sovereignty Act. This act will give them one hell of a sledge hammer to use, And will they use it, .....you bet they will. In my opinion a tactical error by the UCP.
Old 12-08-2022, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichV View Post

Good points! Notley went running to Trudeau to try and get him to interfere with a provincial bill, yet she could not bother sticking around to vote?
Old 12-08-2022, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by britman101 View Post
Well the UCP had better win the upcoming spring election then. If they lose to the NDP, Rachel and company won't rescind the Alberta Sovereignty Act. This act will give them one hell of a sledge hammer to use, And will they use it, .....you bet they will. In my opinion a tactical error by the UCP.
This bill passed 27-7 in favour.

60 UCP MLA's elected to the legislature only 27 votes. Not really united. Why are they not voting in support? What is their fear of voting to support this?

On the other side 23 NDP and only 7 votes against. Not really united on this either is my take. Imagine the conversation today if it was a 27-23 vote in favour.

If I was leader of these parties, I'd be calling in all of the no shows and reading them the riot act.

As a voter and resident of Alberta I expect more from my MLA's than mediocrity sunny days, sunny ways, roses, and puppy dog efforts.

Albertans should be ****ed with the representation a bill of this magnitude got from our elected representatives. There is more effort in this bill on AO then from our legislature.

BW
Old 12-08-2022, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post

60 UCP MLA's elected to the legislature only 27 votes. Not really united. Why are they not voting in support? What is their fear of voting to support this?

On the other side 23 NDP and only 7 votes against. Not really united on this either is my take. Imagine the conversation today if it was a 27-23 vote in favour.

If I was leader of these parties, I'd be calling in all of the no shows and reading them the riot act.

As a voter and resident of Alberta I expect more from my MLA's than mediocrity sunny days, sunny ways, roses, and puppy dog efforts.

Albertans should be ****ed with the representation a bill of this magnitude got from our elected representatives. There is more effort in this bill on AO then from our legislature.

BW
I agree. I think the reason the other UCP members weren't there is because if this goes sideways on the UCP, those members can simply say "I didn't vote for this, it was those other guys". Total politics. But at least it went through. Now let's see how it goes. We're at the bottom now so nowhere else to go but up and ahead.
The 7 that voted against were all sitting NDP members. Not one of them had a better idea on how to handle the ignorant federal gov't. Shame.
Old 12-08-2022, 01:47 PM

I just heard some interesting poll numbers on QR770 news. This poll had UCP at 48% of decided, NDP at 43% of decided. Said the UCP picked up 10% from the Independence party.

Thomas Sowell
Old 12-08-2022, 01:50 PM

Quote:

BW
No kidding, eh?
Old 12-08-2022, 02:04 PM
Banned

Quote:

BW

Dipper supporters are the ones that should be disappointed. There was zero chance they were going to defeat this bill with 7 votes. If they wanted any chance at all, everybody ne of them should have been voting. UCP o
N the other hand knew how many votes were needed to pass the bill.
Old 12-08-2022, 02:14 PM

Quote:
So what was preventing all mlas from being present to vote?
Old 12-08-2022, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boah View Post
Dipper supporters are the ones that should be disappointed. There was zero chance they were going to defeat this bill with 7 votes. If they wanted any chance at all, everybody ne of them should have been voting. UCP o
The UCP only having 27 members vote on this is a slap in the face to all voters.

The NDP should be ashamed of their effort as well. They have made it obvious that ALbertans aren't worth working for.

Very dissapointed by all.

BW
Old 12-08-2022, 02:28 PM

Quote:
You're soo scared if Notley that you'd accept anything. I'm not talking about her anyways. Don't you find it suspicious that a few of the higher ranking people missed the vote. This is a pretty serious bill. Or that's ok eh cause screw the libs. Let's look past accountability in our leadership. Fools man absolutely fools.

Also 5 years you've been around a 5 posts. Are you a bot too? 🤔
so how many posts should he have? is there a correct number? looks like
nutley left the building, 7 no votes pathetic.
Old 12-08-2022, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
So what was preventing all mlas from being present to vote?
Oh definitely the weather eh. Slippery roads for slippery people.

Both parties have failed here. This is a serious bill and only having 34 people show up is disgusting.

Also Danielle doesn't have a mandate by the people of Alberta. Call a election and then if she's gets the majority then giver. To be honest this bill should of went to a referendum.
Old 12-08-2022, 02:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
The UCP only having 27 members vote on this is a slap in the face to all voters.

The NDP should be ashamed of their effort as well. They have made it obvious that ALbertans aren't worth working for.

Very dissapointed by all.

BW
27 has a all they needed. They knew that. I’m a ucp supporter. I don’t find anything wrong with a party that voted to support c1.
Old 12-08-2022, 02:42 PM

Quote:
27 has a all they needed. They knew that. I’m a ucp supporter. I don’t find anything wrong with a party that voted to support c1.
And this is why we have governments like we have.

These clowns set their own salaries, they vote their own raises and pensions. They run for a party and a seat to be representatives of the constituents.

I vote to elect a representative, I expect them to be in the legislature or HOC to represent me. Not at home on the couch watching the hockey game or whatever they're doing.

They have and excessive amount of time away when the legislature is shut down. They'll soon be away for weeks on a Christmas Break.

It's utter disrespect to all constiutents that did not have a representative in the legislature last night to vote. I don't care if they're UCP, NDP, WRP, Independent, Liberal. They were elected to represent. They take a paycheck for representing. Do your job!

BW
Old 12-08-2022, 02:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
And this is why we have governments like we have.

These clowns set their own salaries, they vote their own raises and pensions. They run for a party and a seat to be representatives of the constituents.

I vote to elect a representative, I expect them to be in the legislature or HOC to represent me. Not at home on the couch watching the hockey game or whatever they're doing.

They have and excessive amount of time away when the legislature is shut down. They'll soon be away for weeks on a Christmas Break.

It's utter disrespect to all constiutents that did not have a representative in the legislature last night to vote. I don't care if they're UCP, NDP, WRP, Independent, Liberal. They were elected to represent. They take a paycheck for representing. Do your job!

BW

We will have to agree to disagree.
I don’t even know if my MLA voted. I don’t care. The outcome is what is important.
Old 12-08-2022, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by britman101 View Post
That is something that many here seem to miss. Now that the Alberta government can pick and choose what laws it wants to enforce, oil and gas will be in some serious chit if Smith loses the spring election. That sledge hammer will be used by who ever is in power.
Old 12-08-2022, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Why would they? There is a lot of the province that isn't sold on this and at this point it's all on Danielle. That negativity could easily cost her the next election and then Notley will not only gain votes because of the unpopular bill, she will get the privilege of using it at her whim if she gets in. Win, win from her point of view.
Old 12-08-2022, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
I just heard some interesting poll numbers on QR770 news. This poll had UCP at 48% of decided, NDP at 43% of decided. Said the UCP picked up 10% from the Independence party.
QR77 is now a Liberal bastion of false narratives. I am surprised by the numbers, most of their listeners now are definite lefties. It just goes to show that even the left leaning voters are getting feed up with the BS coming from Ottawa.
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 12-08-2022, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
QR77 is now a Liberal bastion of false narratives. I am surprised by the numbers, most of their listeners now are definite lefties. It just goes to show that even the left leaning voters are getting feed up with the BS coming from Ottawa.
I disagree, most of the listeners are conservatives. While the morning and afternoon host claim to be conservative, if they are, they just tick over to the conservative side. Lots of hand wring out of those two about Daniel, but I would say most of the call ins regularly give it to the two of them. A few left callers no doubt and they get to say their piece. What really burns me is when the have "experts" on is they are inevitably left leaning university professors that regularly bash Daniel. Rarely do they have right leaning guests anymore. And any callers bring up WEF are almost immediately cut off. The station is really moving to the left of the spectrum, not sure how that is working out as IMO most of the listeners are right wing.

Thomas Sowell