Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-06-2013, 07:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGuy View Post
I should not be surprised, but I am continually shocked by the complete lack of any knowledge or insight into the modern era, and the ability to, at best, repeat the crap broadcast on the squak-box.

Does no one read books?

Does no one think critically?
Oh my Mr Bumble Bee

Some people are proof positive that a little knowledge in the wrong hands can be dangerous.....like a child that has figured out how to load a gun but no rhyme or reason where to shoot it.

If the tv watchers followed your dogma.....and waited for the book to come out.....we'd all be living in the past.

The daily news is about current affairs....not the accumulation of so called facts wrapped in a biased package that shows a comparison to the evolution of events and its possible outcome. And some tv documentaries ARE based on published literature w/ the author's involvement.

And we all know.....if its written and published.....it must be true!!! aaaaaaahahahahahahahaha
Old 04-06-2013, 08:03 AM
Banned

And speaking of TV....

Did anyone see the documentary on Anderson Cooper last night on NK.....and the boy that escaped from the 3 generation concentration camp???

CRAZY LUNATIC ruled country!!!!

BTW.....yes there was a book written on this story and the author interviewed on this show....hehehehehe

And YES.....NK IS a THREAT!!!!!!!
Old 04-06-2013, 08:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngiant View Post
Oh my Mr Bumble Bee

Some people are proof positive that a little knowledge in the wrong hands can be dangerous.....like a child that has figured out how to load a gun but no rhyme or reason where to shoot it.

If the tv watchers followed your dogma.....and waited for the book to come out.....we'd all be living in the past.

The daily news is about current affairs....not the accumulation of so called facts wrapped in a biased package that shows a comparison to the evolution of events and its possible outcome. And some tv documentaries ARE based on published literature w/ the author's involvement.

And we all know.....if its written and published.....it must be true!!! aaaaaaahahahahahahahaha

AND,don`t watch just 1 news channel,watch them all.I`m a news junkie,I get up in the morning and check every thing CBC,CNN,BBC,Sun,you name it.I`m sure that the same 2 guys don`t run them all.Also,you have to develop a bullsh1t filter.Don`t believe everything you hear or read but if there is a common thread from 20 different sources then maybe..............there is something to it.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:50 AM

The US do not have much to gain as there is no oil to take over and if there is the chinese have it. All they are doing is a self defense roll for SK.
Old 04-06-2013, 10:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fn1949 View Post
The US do not have much to gain as there is no oil to take over and if there is the chinese have it. All they are doing is a self defense roll for SK.
In part....true

But the bigger picture is....If China supports NK....The US NEEEEEED China (China has the power to crush n crumble the USA)....and cannot afford to upset China......It's based on economics for the US
Old 04-06-2013, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriggerHappyHippy View Post
Hey Wasteland ever heard the term sheople?
You enjoy yor day too!
:-)
Old 04-06-2013, 10:15 AM
Banned

Default totally disagree ....

But the bigger picture is....If (not IF - how forcefully) China supports NK....The US NEEEEEED China (NO China needs the USA and all the export channels Via World markets provided by S Korea). China has the power to crush n crumble the USA ( I doubt it ) .... and cannot afford to upset China......It's based on economics for the US ( THE USA is china's biggest market - Europeans and Scandinavians have very little demand for China made products ... China holds the BULK of US bonds - if the USA goes South China loses hundreds of billions )

TBD
Old 04-06-2013, 10:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBD View Post
But the bigger picture is....If (not IF - how forcefully) China supports NK....The US NEEEEEED China (NO China needs the USA and all the export channels Via World markets provided by S Korea). China has the power to crush n crumble the USA ( I doubt it ) .... and cannot afford to upset China......It's based on economics for the US ( THE USA is china's biggest market - Europeans and Scandinavians have very little demand for China made products ... China holds the BULK of US bonds - if the USA goes South China loses hundreds of billions )

TBD
China does not NEED the US.....its not about import/export. It's the fact that the US is hugely indebted to China...China IS the World's economic stronghold and could rule the planet if they chose to.

The USA gotta kiss China's behind or risk gettin pooped on....and poop flows downhill.....then Canada will follow
Old 04-06-2013, 11:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
China does not NEED the US.....its not about import/export.
The Chinese can't feed themselves, and within a few decades will have polluted their environment beyond reversal AND be out of fresh water ...

Quote:
It's the fact that the US is hugely indebted to China...China IS the World's economic stronghold
China's Economy depends on World demand for their export markets - their Life Blood, without this their DONE ! (gained by currency value manipulation)

Quote:
... and could rule the planet if they chose to.
Whose gonna follow them, yeh I bet you'll be first in line to give up your standard of living and swap it for a peasants in China ??

Quote:
The USA gotta kiss China's behind or risk gettin pooped on....and poop flows downhill.....then Canada will follow.
I doubt the USA is even planning to PAY them back ....

Last edited by TBD; 04-06-2013 at 11:16 AM.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:15 AM
Banned

Hey TBD,you got a thing for that woman in the lower left corner?Replace her with our premier,at least she`s semi hot.Or Sarah Palin.Dumb but who cares.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
The Chinese can't feed themselves, and within a few decades will have polluted their environment beyond reversal AND be out of fresh water ...

China's Economy depends on World demand for their export markets - their Life Blood, without this their DONE !

Whose gonna follow them, yeh I bet you'll be first in line to give up your standard of living and swap it for a peasants in China ??

I doubt the USA is even planning to PAY them back ....
HOLY MOLY!!!!!!!

You make it seem like China is a 3rd world country?????

What in God's name are talkin about?????

But true....USA will prolly not pay them back....but they will pay by being in their debt.....China has the US under their thumb.

If you follow the Market....you'll find out what China holds....and what are withholding.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:19 AM
Banned

Default I agree .... gett'n sick of lookn at her to be honest !

Now - Sarah Palin, there's a politician i can GET BEHIND !

IDNVFH !

Last edited by TBD; 04-06-2013 at 11:33 AM.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
HOLY MOLY!!!!!!!

You make it seem like China is a 3rd world country?????

What in God's name are talkin about?????
Will IT IS to 99% of it's population ...

Quote:
But true....USA will prolly not pay them back....but they will pay by being in their debt.....China has the US under their thumb.
Quote:
If you follow the Market....you'll find out what China holds....and what are withholding.
PLEASE enlighten us ...
Old 04-06-2013, 11:39 AM
Banned

Quote:

PLEASE enlighten us ...
Look into their mining industry and their Gold hoarding.....
and if you truly believe that 99% of China's population is poor and the wealthly have no world influence.....then ask your 7th grade teacher on Monday what he/she thinks?

OUT!!!!
Old 04-06-2013, 11:50 AM

Quote:
and if you truly believe that 99% of China's population is poor and the wealthly have no world influence.....then ask your 7th grade teacher on Monday what he/she thinks?

OUT!!!!
You should go to China some time. I think you'd be surprised what you encounter just off the beaten path, even within the cities.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbd View Post
now - sarah palin, there's a politician i can get behind !
Old 04-06-2013, 11:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgerbadger View Post
You should go to China some time. I think you'd be surprised what you encounter just off the beaten path, even within the cities.
Goin to China nxt year....I'll report back

All cities have poverty....but what you may see on the surface doesn't always reflect the economical undercurrents. It only reflects on how the gov't runs the country and how some people live.
Old 04-06-2013, 12:25 PM
Banned

Quote:

PLEASE enlighten us ...
And most importantly....

Maybe you havnt heard that several years ago....China became the first country in the world to reach the Trillion dollar profit margin....making them the #1 economic power in the world!!!!
Old 04-06-2013, 12:38 PM
Banned

Default mining industry in other peoples countries ...

Quote:
An Export TAX from the HOST country would end their mining investments darn quick ! Pretty shaky economic model if you ask Me ? BTW Gold standard has been irrelevant for decades now ...

Quote:
... China's has no world influence
You said this I Never.

Quote:
Maybe you havnt heard that several years ago....China became the first country in the world to reach the Trillion dollar profit margin....making them the #1 economic power in the world!!!
... and this makes China the World's # 1 economic pwr ? Who says ...

Quote:
.....then ask your 7th grade teacher on Monday what he/she thinks?
Okay Mnt Dwarf, what's your grade 7 teachers name ? I'll ask her ....

.... and haven't you been on the computer a little to long, Nap time's at 1:30

Last edited by TBD; 04-06-2013 at 12:44 PM.
Old 04-06-2013, 01:14 PM

Stating China is going to run out out fresh water is absurd, any developed nation can filter water; there's lots of desalination plants feeding nations such as Saudi Arabia, Dubai, etc.

I am getting the feeling that NK is either actually going to do something, or Kim feels the need to rattle his saber more loudly than his predecessors, being that he's part of the FaceBook generation and all. He can't live without feedback from his adoring populace.

I know that the censorship has to be utterly rampant over there, but I wonder how much of the populace buys the propaganda and how much see him for the lunatic that he is . After all, with the abundant means of communication available, a lot of truth has to be filtering through to the NK people.
Old 04-06-2013, 01:39 PM
Banned

Default Desalination ? AT what Cost ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
Stating China is going to run out out fresh water is absurd, any developed nation can filter water; there's lots of desalination plants feeding nations such as Saudi Arabia, Dubai, etc.
Desalination is NOT going to be a soln to China's coming water shortages ....

Have a read ....

http://www.economist.com/news/china/...-it-comes-high

TBD

Last edited by TBD; 04-06-2013 at 01:56 PM.
Old 04-06-2013, 03:19 PM
Banned

This is a North Korean thread....remember?????

China is a separate race
So deserves a separate thread.
Old 04-06-2013, 03:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
An Export TAX from the HOST country would end their mining investments darn quick ! Pretty shaky economic model if you ask Me ? BTW Gold standard has been irrelevant for decades now ...

You said this I Never.

... and this makes China the World's # 1 economic pwr ? Who says ...

Okay Mnt Dwarf, what's your grade 7 teachers name ? I'll ask her ....

.... and haven't you been on the computer a little to long, Nap time's at 1:30

Ok ok....now I KNOW your just clowning around hahahahaa.....cause no-one that isnt on psychiatric meds and wearing a tin-foil hat could possibly think this way.
Good one....you had me goin.

Last edited by MtnGiant; 04-06-2013 at 03:37 PM.
Old 04-06-2013, 03:27 PM

hmmm pizzing contest happening ..lmao .. and some of us do look good in tinfoil hats .. ..
Old 04-06-2013, 03:48 PM
Banned

Default Yeh - Yeh, let's all bow down to mighty CHINA

Quote:
.... cause no-one that isnt on psychiatric meds and wearing a tin-foil hat could possibly think this way.
But it's okay to THINK like you and convey this self defeatist attitude ??

TBD

P.S. .... NO my thinking's straight, quite confident the China bubbles about to burst !
Old 04-06-2013, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGuy View Post
Perhaps, among several over arching issues, is the manner in which the media has fooled western conservatives into polarizing themselves against this imagined islamic/eastern threat.

The game was convincing western conservatives that the last 15years of perpetual war was against an actual enemy as opposed to the truth of the matter which is our foreign military exploits are engaged in the single largest communist plot in human history.

The globalists are communists. That includes our dear heir harper.

Is it not obvious that we are being transformed into a strict petro-state?
Is it not clear that the fall of the petro-dollar is driving our aggression against those states we are not benefiting from in this regard?

People believe NK is a threat?

good grief.

smh
You watched to many Zeigeist videos
Old 04-06-2013, 05:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbhunter View Post
You watched to many Zeigeist videos
minions...
bbb, isnt there an episode of american idol on?
Old 04-06-2013, 06:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherpeak View Post
I`m sure that the same 2 guys don`t run them all.
Why don't you do a little research into that assumption.

A few guys dont just own most televised news, they own print news as well.

Nothing I've written in this thread has been terribly outrageous, yet it certainly is hitting a nerve.

You can't just hide your head under a pillow mumbling, "It isn't true".
Old 04-06-2013, 06:46 PM
Banned

Cool

"The further a society drifts from the truth the more it will hate those that speak it." G, orwell.
which segment of business , government, or the media has not shown its self corrupt or untrust worthy to the common man. How exactly can nk effect an attack on north america air craft would be nutrilized, none of there missiles reach 3000k .
Imo short of a terrorist attack NK Cannot be held very seriously. Worrisome perhaps requiring a close eye with all our fine tech.
Seriously requiring a military respone bordering on absurd. To those that suggest a nuclear response where exactly do you think the fallout will settle . Lol
Old 04-06-2013, 06:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Goin to China nxt year....I'll report back

All cities have poverty....but what you may see on the surface doesn't always reflect the economical undercurrents. It only reflects on how the gov't runs the country and how some people live.
My cousin's daughter is going back into the Harbin area to try and assist the farmers in improving agriculteral techniques.

The last time she was there, dead bodies were left to rot along the roadside and the people were starving.

On her second upcoming visit, she does not expect life to be much better.

It is so nice to read the posts of the chattering class.