Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-14-2011, 02:07 PM

Default Lethbridge fish and game banquet

As always it was an amazing dinner, just fantastic. What the LA Chefs can do with wild meet is awesome.....ginger bear...who knew it would be so good!! I would encourage any and all to attend this dinner. Bring your friends that are "scared" of wild meat and it will blow them away.

So a big thank you to anyone involved in that, I will continue to go year after year.

For anyone that was there, the MC was talking about needing volunteers to help with hunter training classes for youth, does anyone know who I would contact to find out more about volunteering to do this??

thanks.
Old 02-14-2011, 02:37 PM

It sure was a great night! They didn't spare any expense...even the desert table was crazy good.
I pulled off 3rd in rifle mens for bull elk. The plaques are nice too, however I would prefer a knife or something like that as an award.
Old 02-14-2011, 02:57 PM

LOL last year I won 3rd for rifle bull elk haha..and It was a surprise to me!! we showed up for the banquet and my wife noticed my name on the program lol.

Ya, a knife or something like that would be a better choice imho as well..although I am going to put the plaque up under my antlers in my new man cave..so that is kind of cool as well.
Old 02-14-2011, 05:02 PM

I agree. Every year the meal is the "best ever' even better than last years"!! I do not know how Lorne from LA chefs does it but he continues surprise everyone with the meals! Just a "few" items off the menu: Baby back ribs with grilled peaches and hickory smoke glaze, Breaded elk cutlets with crimini mushrooms, Antelope sausage over peper sauerkraut, Tournedoes of mooose bacon wrapped, Whitetail Bourguignon, Venison Lasagna, Carved bison with field berry demi glaze, Game bird chow mein, Ginger bear etc, etc!! As for the awards, I still like the plaques. Willow valley can give out the knives, buckles and ammo! Congrats on 3rd in elk. I took 1st with my Antelope but even better was when my daughter took 3 junior fishing awards plus Junior Fisherman of the Year!!! Only her dad was prouder than her 2 grandpa's that were there!!
Old 02-14-2011, 05:10 PM

It was really a great banquet. The food was exceptional I enjoyed everything and to my surprise even the bear. I admit I like my hatchet/knife combo I got from Willow Valley with the award inscribed on it, probably more than an plaque.
Old 02-14-2011, 05:44 PM

ya it was a great dinner again!! Even my parents came who arent hunters, although im not sure my mom tried anything other than the salad. But great event I will continue to go back every year.
Old 02-14-2011, 05:48 PM

I was told they sold 390 tickets this year too! Impressive and kudo's to all that organized and helped with the banquet for sure!
Old 02-14-2011, 08:40 PM

For anyone that was there, the MC was talking about needing volunteers to help with hunter training classes for youth, does anyone know who I would contact to find out more about volunteering to do this??

thanks.[/QUOTE]

Hi Dan.... I taught the hunter ed course in Magrath for years, it's been a few years since i put on a class, It would be great to have another instructor in town to help out, If we can get a few more guys to take the instructor course they will send someone done from Calgary to put on a instructor course, give me a call and we can talk...
Jim...
Old 02-14-2011, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter1234 View Post

thanks.
Hi Dan.... I taught the hunter ed course in Magrath for years, it's been a few years since i put on a class, It would be great to have another instructor in town to help out, If we can get a few more guys to take the instructor course they will send someone done from Calgary to put on a instructor course, give me a call and we can talk...
Jim...[/QUOTE]

Jim I'd love to get involved.