Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-13-2011, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeGuy View Post
It's like a big family. We'll bicker amongsts ourselves, but when push comes to shove, we are a formidable force. Just ask Cody........
Very true, Tree. I'm not sure about Cody, but ask the staff at the Stollery when Ken pays them a visit in the next little while.
I think we did real good, and hopefully better next year, if we do it again!

Old 02-13-2011, 10:09 PM

Just another example of how this forum helps others - check out the thread titled "how many kms" by MarlinX17, in this section.

Young guy is looking for his first truck, asks a few questions, kid just found his dream truck from another member!

Sweet!
Old 02-13-2011, 10:33 PM

Im here due to the great people that share info and experiences with everyone. I have met many people in person from the forum and have some good friendships because of this place as well. But I do love getting silly on this native hunting threads.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Bigbore View Post
Im here due to the great people that share info and experiences with everyone. I have met many people in person from the forum and have some good friendships because of this place as well. But I do love getting silly on this native hunting threads.
you and me both my freind... i hate seeing negative aboriginal threads... my mother is 100% ojibwe... but whatever take it as it comes i guess...
Old 02-14-2011, 06:18 AM

Yup best forum this side of the Mississippi. Never been to the other side. hehe

thegungirl.ca @gmail.com
Old 02-14-2011, 10:58 AM
Gone Hunting

Well for me there are two questions and two answers.

Why did I join ?
Because I miss spending time hunting and fishing like I used to.
I still do those things, just not nearly as much as I used to. Life got complicated and so I can't get out as often as I used to. I hoped this would help me feel like I was out there.

So why do I stay?

Many reasons.

#1 because I found what I was looking for, sort of.
It's not all wine and roses here, but it does fill that void that not being able to get out there much, leaves.

#2. I have met some real interesting, some real cool, and some real nice folks here.

#3 Even though I still don't get out any more then I did before joining, I am involved in hunting, trapping and fishing much more now, by sharing ideas, experiences and knowledge, what little I have.

#4 even though some times people say things that get me riled, such comments also get me thinking. That gets me to studying, reading researching and from that I learn. I like to learn.

#5 I love the photos, even those I do not comment on.

One thing though. Spending time here has also raised a bit of a quandary for me. See I am a nature nut, a Bird lover, a tree hugger in a way.

I don't enjoy killing anymore. But I do enjoy hunting and shooting.
More then that, I enjoy eating wild edibles, be they plant, animal or mushroom. I have no problem taking a life of an animal for a purpose, but I don't enjoy it.
However, part of me says one can not love animals and kill them for any reason. Maybe I'm not a animal or bird lover, maybe I just admire them for what they are. I don't know, but for me, it feels conflicted.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:17 AM

I joined because I'm an import to this province.
This forum lets me find first hand information about outdoor activities all over Alberta.
Otherwise I'd be stuck reading government literature about parks and fluz areas.

Thanks everyone.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:55 PM

Default forum

so i cruiized the other sites as well as this one and the answer was no. this is the site that i want to be on ,great people, great info , everything .there are folks on here from 12 to antique like me and the info sharing is great. i,m new to reloading and asked a question and like bam! 10secs later had 3 great replys, thanks guys. i only hope that when replying to someone we remember that it may be a young one and we don,t go tohard on them .
Old 02-14-2011, 10:34 PM

There are many great people on this site with a wealth of information. Do we all get along all the time no but thats what makes it interesting. If we all agreed on everything life would be boring. And as said before hats of to Ken and everyone else involed in the pif thread and raising the money for the stollery.

Andy
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
Old 02-15-2011, 05:49 AM

Great thread Jacob, the quality of folk young and old on this site gives me a glimmer of hope that our wild places just may stay that way a little longer. The information given and received is everyones way to pay something forward . Thank you Rob, mod's and sponsors for keeping us afloat.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:17 PM

Thumbs up Here to learn and share

This sight has been a great tool to learn the ins and outs for a newb

Everyone is insightful and helpful. I also like to see the great wolf hunt pics