Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-12-2012, 08:08 AM

Default ****UPDATE******Please help out SR HorseTraining ******

Hi guys, this is a good friend of mines training facility and they had a fire rip through last week down by FortMacleod.

Here is the latest story
http://www.fortmacleodgazette.com/20...ning-facility/

Here is the Facebook page they have created
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Su...23575844427578

The Hesters are doing good and they are trying to run the training from another location just down the road untill they get everything rebuilt as anything that the fire didnt fully consume they plowed it down. Looks like the house may also be a complete writeoff due to smoke damage.

The most important thing is the 55 horses they had there are all ok.

So if anyone has any spare tack laying around the barn or some bags of feed or a few bales of hay (All was lost in the fire). Pretty much anything you can think of that would be in a barn or arena has been completly consumed. (Light fixtures for the area, furniture, or mabye someone is sitting on a great piece of land with sand for when they rebuild the arena) I would be happy to come pick it up (Within reasonable distance of Calgary) and take it down to them. I know there is an account set up at the FortMaclod CIBC.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and if you have anything that would be awesome.

Rob and Shauna
Old 01-16-2012, 04:09 PM

So the wonderfull people of Country Living in Okotoks have stepped up to the plate and offered to help Shauna and I buy setting up an account their and giving special pricing on the account. If anyone wants to help out or can pass this following Email along it would be great!!!

Calling all fellow animal lovers
A wild fire that went through the Fort Macleod area on January 4th, 2012 left a path of destruction and a life changing moment for Gord and Sandy Hester of S.R. Horse Training.
This is the story
http://www.fortmacleodgazette.com/20...ning-facility/

The Hester’s had very little time to do anything to prevent the flames from engulfing the facility and surrounding buildings; they were however able to get all the animals to safe places but could do nothing but watch everything go up.

So I have decided to take the reins and try to round up some help from fellow animal lovers. I have been in contact with Country Living in Okotoks and they are setting up an account for Gord and Sandy so people are able to donate a few bags of feed or maybe a bit of tack or just put some money in the account and down the road they can go and pick out a few things they need for the buildings once they are rebuilt.

Furthermore Vickie Kudelis the manager of the store went to talk to Darcy Busslinger, one of the owners of the store and he been kind enough to give us special pricing on anything in the store that is donated to the account will receive the special pricing that has been set up for the account. (They sell everything from feed, salt, minerals, small square hay and straw bales, shavings, ABM, posts and rails, barb wire, fencing supplies, steel panels and gates, buckets, stock tanks, tack and blankets, barn forks and supplies, forage seeds etc.) If you don’t live near the store you also can call into the store and give a donation over the phone by any major credit card.

Vickie has made it a very simple process. If you go into the store or call in tell them it is for the “Friends of S.R. Training” and they will apply it to the account or set the item aside for delivery to the facility by myself and Shauna.

The Website for Country Living is http://countrylivingokotoks.com/
The Store’s number is 403-938-4094

Here is the link for the Hester’s and any info about the rebuilding
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Su...23575844427578

Again if there is anyone you know of who could help out this cause please Email this message to them or have them contact me directly via my Email. rpiasta@jjei.com

Sincerely
Rob & Shauna
Old 01-17-2012, 05:00 PM

Hey fellow AO's
I got an Email from Sandy Hester today letting me know what all they needed to keep going right now if you can help out that would be awesome!!!!
I am going down Saturday and stopping at Country Living to pick up some pallets of feed for then and anything else anyone has donated so far.

Thanks
here is the note
"Hi Rob,
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, things have been busy as you can probably imagine and my voicemail and email keep getting away on me. We use alot of beet pulp, step 8, seniors, sweet feed and alfalfa cubes for our older horses who cant eat hay as easily anymore. Other supplies that were lost in the fire and we haven't received from donations yet are things like, leather hole punch, lace leather (for fixing tack) chicago screws, mounting block(can't got on a horse without one , and vet care products like furacin, betadine, coppertox, linaments etc. It is all of the everyday little things that we weren't able to grab from the barn in time. Thankyou so much for your support and we look forward to seeing you on Saturday"
Old 01-19-2012, 09:23 PM

Hey everyone, so been real busy collectiong stuff and everyday getting a response to help out one way or another. Friday I am heading to pick up the feed and supplies that were donated by customers at Country living and taking everything down with us on Saturday moning. I have a flatdeck trailer full by the looks of it so far and will be doing another trip the following week also so if you have anything you can pass on that would be awesome.

This is a letter written by the friends of S.R. Horse Training, and they have asked if anyone knows anyone who would like to help please either contact me or the Hesters direct.

Thanks
Rob &Shauna

Jan. 4th, 2012 was a devastating day for the Hester's. They have effectively lost the riding arena, stables, paddocks and pastureland. All critical components to keep their family business thriving. Thanks to the valiant effort of friends and neighbors, all 55 horses are now safe and sound in temporary locations. The next pressing challenge is finding food and shelter for the horses for the next several months.

Many of these horses are show horses, requiring box stalls or paddocks and specialized feed. Sandy and Gord are working hard to place all of the horses in the Fort Macleod area. However, they have limited financial resources and they recognize insurance will not cover the cost of replacing corrals, fencing material, storage bins, hay, feed, tack etc. At this time it is unknown how much of the arena and stables will be covered by insurance.

Short-term, what they really need help with right now;

• Quality hay donations for horses, (e.g. second cut, alfalfa preferred with no rain)
• Cash donations to purchase hay/feed and working supplies for the horses
• Access to fencing panels for temporary corrals
• Donations of new or used horse operations equipment, feed, medicines (Here are just a few items needed on a daily use at the barn)
• Beet pulp, Step 8, Sweet feed, Alfalfa cubes, Etc
• A mounting block(very important) leather hole punch, lace leather, Chicago screws, halters, shanks, working saddles, blankets, buckets, saddle pads, bridles, breast collars,
• Vet care products like furacin, betadine, coppertox, linaments etc.

This is just a few of the everyday items we use.

Thank you once again for your consideration, kindness and assistance.

Sincerely,

Friends of S.R. Training, Sandy and Gord Hester

Sandy Hester (403) 331-8440 Gord Hester (403) 394-4255

Sent on behalf of

Rob Piasta
(403) 804-0214