Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-14-2011, 07:03 AM

Default fifth wheel

Anyone know a reliable shop that sells and installs fifth wheel hitches in Edmonton area ? I was at the rv show and was disapointed as my questions were always diverted to I will have to check with my boss can you call him Im not sure.
Old 02-14-2011, 07:15 AM

i got mine done at flaman trailer sales in nisku area, there real good, thats where we buy all our electric brakes and such from also for our trailers
Old 02-14-2011, 07:24 AM

They are pretty easy to install yourself slingshot. Come with all instructions. I installed one in my buddys truck a few years back and all he had to take it to the shop was for the electric brakes.

thegungirl.ca @gmail.com
Old 02-14-2011, 09:37 AM

Hitch House just by Campers Village in the west end just behind Mr.Sub. Had my last two done there. Never had a problem, I shopped the price around a bit, and they were cheaper, close and got me in right away.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
Anyone know a reliable shop that sells and installs fifth wheel hitches in Edmonton area ? I was at the rv show and was disapointed as my questions were always diverted to I will have to check with my boss can you call him Im not sure.
TOTEM WELDING CO. LTD. 780-453-2318. in EDMONTON. and NO, I do not work there.

Bruce.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:49 AM

You will have to decide if you want the brackets that hold the hitch to the frame either bolted on or welded on. Bolted on would be the way I would go now. My previous one they welded the brackets to the frame and the welds were at right angles to the line of travel of the electrons in the frame. I always thought you were not supposed to weld to cut the flow of electrons. But you can ask the welders on the forum the proper way to weld to a frame if indeed it does matter. I am not a welder.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artie View Post
You will have to decide if you want the brackets that hold the hitch to the frame either bolted on or welded on. Bolted on would be the way I would go now. My previous one they welded the brackets to the frame and the welds were at right angles to the line of travel of the electrons in the frame. I always thought you were not supposed to weld to cut the flow of electrons. But you can ask the welders on the forum the proper way to weld to a frame if indeed it does matter. I am not a welder.
All frames are heat treated and hardened now, there should be NO welding of any kind on them. Bolted is the only way.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:37 AM

Buzz Box liners on the west end
Old 02-14-2011, 03:01 PM

Default fvrs

I think this site makes us a little more Alfa on most matters so we get the best bag for the our $