Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-06-2018, 02:59 PM

Default Crawling Valley Burbot

I have been fishing crawling valley a fair bit, but now I'm looking to target some burbot. Anyone willing to share some secrets on location, depth, etc.? Any tips would help. Thanks!
Old 03-17-2018, 04:02 PM

I usually fish for whites there but I have seen some burbs. during the day I would fish down to 30 feet deep. as the sun sets I would move up to around 8-15 feet deep. glow jig and minnow. you would want something heavy to pound the bottom. Good luck!
Old 03-18-2018, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucklesthe3rd View Post
I usually fish for whites there but I have seen some burbs. during the day I would fish down to 30 feet deep. as the sun sets I would move up to around 8-15 feet deep. glow jig and minnow. you would want something heavy to pound the bottom. Good luck!
you get any of those hog whites out of the hole , they fight like a tarpon hard to land.
Old 03-19-2018, 08:50 PM

I was fishing in about 30 ft. And using a large jig with no tail stuff like hair, rubber frills etc., just strung on a smelt. Just so they wouldn't steal the smelt, I took a shelled hook with a mono leader and tied the leader to the jig eye and put the shelled hook through the smelt's tail. Put it down to bottom and bang it on the bottom a few times, then bring it up about 3" and hold still, then repeat! Bang! Set the hook!
Old 03-19-2018, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucklesthe3rd View Post
What general area do you fish for whites? I like to sight fish for them and wherever I’ve gone out there visibility has been terrible so I’ve just done pike and walleye out there.
Old 03-25-2018, 11:25 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish99 View Post
you get any of those hog whites out of the hole , they fight like a tarpon hard to land.
Those whites do fight very hard. the biggest white i've caught from crawling valley was pushing the 6lb mark.