Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-18-2018, 04:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by last minute View Post
I guess it's the sign of the times oops no pun intended.
LOL good one!

"Sign, Sign everywhere a sign ruining the scenery and breaking my mind, do this don't do that CANT YOU READ THE SIGNS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLm3HMG8IhM
Old 10-18-2018, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostguy6 View Post
Too bad so many people out there cant understand this and end up ruining it for everyone, but in the end hunting is a privilege, not a right.
They understand it perfectly, they just don't give a damn.
Old 10-19-2018, 03:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostguy6 View Post
Im going out to install a bunch of these signs this weekend on one of my favorite grouse properties, it sucks but its better than becoming enemies with the landowner. Its a delicate balancing act. Many land owners need hunters to control the animal populations but hunters need to landowners for access. Unfortunately there are way to many people out there that cant respect the land or the landowners. I cant call them hunters because a true hunter respects the land and the landowners. Too bad so many people out there cant understand this and end up ruining it for everyone, but in the end hunting is a privilege, not a right.
I dare you to tell our Native American friends that. Let me know how that works out for you?
Old 10-19-2018, 05:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrouseHunter View Post
Really? Not on the DU site!

Still have to call F&W to get crown land maps. Seems to me that if you step in the wrong direction these days you'll get arrested and charged for Trespassing and Poaching and pay lots in fines with the slightest mistake. The joy of hunting is gone.

I am really happy I got tons of hunting in when I did. This whole sign, sign, sign everywhere thing is wrong on so many levels IMO.
The joy of hunting has not changed and the reason for the sign is what is wrong on so many levels. Your comment on trespassing being just a slight mistake clearly reveals that you think "a little trespassing" is ok AND THAT MINDSET is why there are now so many signs.

Going to BC, you actually think any one cares............the sooner you are gone the better.
Old 10-19-2018, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobalong View Post
The joy of hunting has not changed and the reason for the sign is what is wrong on so many levels. Your comment on trespassing being just a slight mistake clearly reveals that you think "a little trespassing" is ok AND THAT MINDSET is why there are now so many signs.

Going to BC, who cares the sooner you are gone the better.
Wrong quote.

Thomas Sowell
Old 10-19-2018, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Idiots like that give ever hunter a bad name, which is why I am seeing all of the signs everywhere I go hunting that used to be sign free when I left.

What a Turd!
What do you think sign free does for you? You still have to ask. Some of my best hunts have come on posted land, I just ask.

Thomas Sowell
Old 10-19-2018, 06:14 PM

I’m still amazed at the amount of folks whose idea of hunting is cruising up and down the roads with no knowledge of the area or permission, not hunters but opportunists. Even last year, a guy shot a Doe on our place, 350 meters from the house and livestock and when I approached them the guy hit the bush running and left his 17 year old son to face the music. The kid admitted his old man shot the deer and handed us his drivers license. WTF is the matter with people? Our land is posted tight, but there are a couple folks we trust that hunt it.
If you can’t at least stop by before the season, introduce yourself and state your intentions I have no place for you on our land. When a fork horn buck is standing behind my barn and you’d like to shoot it from the road is not a reason to interrupt my supper. If you can’t put more effort into your hunt, you’re not welcome here.
So to the original poster, move to BC and don’t let the door hit you on the way out.
Craig
Old 10-19-2018, 08:57 PM
Banned

Wow! Lots of hostility here.

All I was saying was that before I left there were a lot of places to hunt and there are no where near as many signs as there are now, and they are EVERYWHERE!

Anyhow, all I know is that in 8 short years Alberta sure has changed. so make all the condescending comments you want to, still is not going to change the fact that Alberta has changed dramatically with the signage.

I have been asking permission all of my life when and before I hunted private property, but I never knocked on a farmers door that had NO HUNTING signs all over his property. That's what I meant by the joy is gone.

As for the poster that call me a poacher, I say respectfully that you do'nt know JACK about me, so get a life!
Old 10-19-2018, 09:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Wow! Lots of hostility here.

All I was saying was that before I left there were a lot of places to hunt and there are no where near as many signs as there are now, and they are EVERYWHERE!

Anyhow, all I know is that in 8 short years Alberta sure has changed. so make all the condescending comments you want to, still is not going to change the fact that Alberta has changed dramatically with the signage.

I have been asking permission all of my life when and before I hunted private property, but I never knocked on a farmers door that had NO HUNTING signs all over his property. That's what I meant by the joy is gone.

As for the poster that call me a poacher, I say respectfully that you do'nt know JACK about me, so get a life!
Your comments before and now reveal a lot about your character..........so respectfully BC is still waiting.
Old 10-19-2018, 09:57 PM
Banned

Sorry for sharing my thoughts and observation, happy hunting to all.