Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-01-2024, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselips View Post
I think massage will do people a lot more good than chiropractic ever will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
some massage girls are trained in this ,so i went to one and she helped me a lot ,but also said i have one that she is not allowed to adjust and to go see a chiropractor. so i did and he adjust that one spot and all was good .

last year i was at a physo for my knees after surgery and after going a few weeks of seeing him I noticed he was checking how long each leg was . He said one leg is a little longer and i should go see a chiropractor . So i did and after one adjustment i went back to physo and he said he fixed it . Hip was out of adjustment . I m glad now all these guys are working together ,years ago they would tell you not to go .
Old 05-01-2024, 10:18 AM

I'd take a bullet for my Chiro, he has put me back together more times than I can count.
Old 05-01-2024, 10:23 AM

I would not have been able to continue in my trade if it were not for chiropractors, I have had four of them over the years.
Call them what you want , if I can go into my chiro's office totally in pain and come out with relief, I'm okay with tat!
My doctor referred me to my chiropractor for a severely sprained wrist issue that WCB said was inoperable and kept me on pain killers.
In about two minute , the Chiro had it fixed to where I could again use my hammer with authority.
Cat
Old 05-01-2024, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott h View Post
Confusing a knee with the brain??? Sounds like someone has their stories mixed up.....
Glioblastoma can affect appendages. In fact that was the first indicator something was wrong. So no, only one mixed up was MD and you. Wanna know Dr's name? He's in Drumheller (unless they kicked his ***** out). Took one of the good doctors in Hanna less than 5 minutes to figure it out and rushed to red deer
Thanks for chiming in though, I'll await Pittman lol
Old 05-01-2024, 10:36 AM

Observationally, most people who think of them as quacks are my parents age, or older - (65+). My mom refused for the longest time because as I said in a previous post, old school chiros have a very cookie-cutter approach, and usually only have a ‘hammer’ in their toolbox.

The practitioners now have an entirely different approach.
Old 05-01-2024, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muirsy View Post
Observationally, most people who think of them as quacks are my parents age, or older - (65+). My mom refused for the longest time because as I said in a previous post, old school chiros have a very cookie-cutter approach, and usually only have a ‘hammer’ in their toolbox.

Agreed
Old 05-01-2024, 01:17 PM

I’ve used chiropractors a fair bit over the years. I’ve put my back out and could barely breathe. Having to walk around the house using hiking sticks because I couldn’t put any weight on my lower back. They’ve adjusted me and my hips to be able to breathe and walk and the relief was near instant. Getting my neck adjusted was holy smokes awesome on occasion.

That said, I was in Wasa Lake BC a number of years ago, lifting a picnic table with my father and he dropped his end and it instantly jammed my back. The pain was excruciating and I saw stars instantly. I couldn’t move without being in incredible pain. We phoned a few chiropractors in Cranbrook and the only guy that was open and seeing clients was this one doctor. I had to be helped into the house (his practice was in a former home near downtown) and I was in agony. He spent probably close to an hour telling me how my body has energy paths and was tracing lines of ‘communication’ all along my bare chest and back. I was in so much pain I couldn’t argue or anything, I just begged for an adjustment. He finally put me on the table and gave me a few adjustments and the relief was immediate. I’ll never go back to that whacko, but the Chiro I have here in Calgary has always been pragmatic, and not some hippy energy chi type person. I haven’t needed a Chiro in a few years, and I’m grateful for that, but they are fantastic when they know what they’re doing for a bone adjustment.
Old 05-01-2024, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muirsy View Post

Hey buddy I am 76 and have been going to a chiro probably longer than most people can count
Started at the old Bowman Clinic on centre street in Calgary
Old 05-01-2024, 03:51 PM

Back in the day before there were chiros around many people from the crowsnest pass would go out twards Pincher to see a Hutterite guy that did adjustments
Do not know how he did them but he had satisfied customers
Old 05-01-2024, 04:46 PM

True story seems most times folks don’t believe this but, my wife used to go to the chiropractor twice a month,always had back troubles. One day many years ago now she was crossing the street in a crosswalk and a car came around the corner at stop sign,didn’t do full stop witnesses say and hit her. Knocked her flying but only some bumps,scrapes and very bruised up. Seriously she’s not needed a chiropractor ever since.
Old 05-01-2024, 04:53 PM

Must of hit her in the right place!
Old 05-01-2024, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
Glioblastoma can affect appendages. In fact that was the first indicator something was wrong. So no, only one mixed up was MD and you. Wanna know Dr's name? He's in Drumheller (unless they kicked his ***** out). Took one of the good doctors in Hanna less than 5 minutes to figure it out and rushed to red deer
Sounds like an interesting story. Hope the outcome in the end was positive.

Your friend had a sore knee and went to a doc and diagnosed with a knee problem.

Then what happened? Was feeling other symptoms and went to a Hanna doc and was checked for other problems? Or was it picked up on a blood test?

So many things go wrong in the body and symptoms can vary. It would be cool to know the details as to how the two linked together over time.

We all need to advocate for ourselves and loved ones in any medical system and I find stories like this can help our awareness.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 05-01-2024, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Why you arguing with him, he works in a hospital, dudes practically an M.D.

Thomas Sowell
Old 05-01-2024, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Sounds like an interesting story. Hope the outcome in the end was positive.

Your friend had a sore knee and went to a doc and diagnosed with a knee problem.

Then what happened? Was feeling other symptoms and went to a Hanna doc and was checked for other problems? Or was it picked up on a blood test?

So many things go wrong in the body and symptoms can vary. It would be cool to know the details as to how the two linked together over time.

We all need to advocate for ourselves and loved ones in any medical system and I find stories like this can help our awareness.
No the outcome was not positive. Rarely is for a glioblastoma.

There was no sore knee. Was losing mobility in leg, dragging his foot. Young quack diagnosed it as a bakers cyst.
He knew that wasn't right, went to Hanna hospital next day. Doc figured it out in matter of minutes and sent him directly to Red Deer

Like I said, good ones and bad ones, same as chiros. Thankfully the majority in both professions do wonderful work
Old 05-01-2024, 07:27 PM

Quote:
No the outcome was not positive. Rarely is for a glioblastoma.

There was no sore knee. Was losing mobility in leg, dragging his foot. Young quack diagnosed it as a bakers cyst.
He knew that wasn't right, went to Hanna hospital next day. Doc figured it out in matter of minutes and sent him directly to Red Deer

Like I said, good ones and bad ones, same as chiros. Thankfully the majority in both professions do wonderful work
Sorry to hear about your friend. That’s tough.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 05-02-2024, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by densa44 View Post
Dangerous ones too. The maintenance man at our institution came into my office and said he was going on holidays for 2 weeks but was going to see his chiro first for a neck adjustment. I was a poll bearer at his funeral 2 days later.

It being Alberta there was no inquest for a deep occult thromboembolism in his neck. Poor man may he RIP.
Reminds me - every year in Canada a few folks get what's called a vertebral artery dissection following a chiro neck manipulation. It can be pretty bad for sure. The risk is well documented. I'm not sure if that's part of their disclosure prior to obtaining consent.

The alternative medicine crowd does a lot of stuff better than the western med crowd. They usually take a wholistic approach (western med breaks everything down by systems, often loses sight of the big picture). They spend more time with their patients. Those things sound small, but can make a big difference.

Last edited by pittman; 05-02-2024 at 08:23 PM.
Old 05-17-2024, 02:03 AM

Chiropractors can be legit, but it depends. Some are good at treating back pain and other issues. I hurt my knee once, and chiropractors helped ease the pain. I also went to the Gage Physiotherapy and Foot Clinic, and they were great, too. Make sure you find a chiropractor with suitable qualifications and a solid reputation before you go. It's a bit hit or miss, so do some research first.