Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 06-12-2017, 04:03 PM
Banned

Default New bow, need case

I just got myself a Hoyt Pro Defiant 34. It doesn't inside of the case that I already have. I want something that will hold the bow, quiver, a few extra arrows, release, allen keys, and a small bin with broadheads and field points. Airline ready would be nice but not required as I don't forsee myself doing any fly in hunts and they do tend to be quite a bit more money.

I found a nice Flambeau for right around the $200 mark but I don't think that my quiver would fit. My sight sticks out from the riser a bit as well so something wide, maybe even with hold down straps would be great.

Also, I'm in Calgary and I have to get it locally. I don't want to pay shipping on something like that.
Old 06-15-2017, 09:27 PM

Default same boat

Yeah, I'm i the same boat...been looking on line and went into Cabella's today (in Calgary as well) as they are having a sale this weekend. I was pretty disappointed with the selection...hitting up WSS tomorrow hopefully. Jim Bows has some nice SKB's...but you're going to be spending more than the $200 mark...probably worth it, we'll see what I find tomorrow...good luck, and let me know what you find...
Old 06-15-2017, 10:38 PM

I'm in the same boat, only thing I can suggest is to try to modifiy the case
you have or make changes to a case you buy.
It's raining storming here, but I can say the boat we are is not sinking.
We all have all summer to find something that works.
:-)
Come this fall one of us will find the answer.
Old 06-16-2017, 01:44 AM
Banned

Just today I ordered the SBK I think it is. I got the hunter model on suggestions from another forum.
Old 06-16-2017, 07:54 AM

i got tired of heavy cases and cases that didn't fit anymore when I changed my bow. So I thought I would try a GamePlan Gear soft case...love it. It holds everything, range finder, release, arrow case, bow and there are even more pockets for other stuff. I don't travel too much besides driving places so it gives me enough protection for what I need.

I like the fact that I grab one thing, my case, and go. It hold everything I need to shoot.

If I ever fly somewhere I would buy a travel one...until then this is my case.
Old 06-16-2017, 08:00 AM

I have a Doskosport Pro 44. My carbon defiant34 fits nicely in there and i can leave the quiver on and store all my arrows.
Old 06-16-2017, 08:02 AM
Banned

I thought about that option too. I drive to all of my spots, I have never flown to a hunt. I have a kid and a dog that ride in the back seat of the truck so the bow would be in the box, under the toneau cover. I just wanted a little more protection for a few different scenarios that I know I will come across.
Old 06-16-2017, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayM77 View Post
I have a Doskosport Pro 44. My carbon defiant34 fits nicely in there and i can leave the quiver on and store all my arrows.
Sorry i guess planio makes the case i was talking about now.http://www.wholesalesports.com/store...w-Case/p/88616
Old 06-16-2017, 01:36 PM
Banned

You know, I used to have that case and decided it was to big. I sold it with my first bow. The SKB case that I just ordered seems to be twice the case for an extra $30 for. But I did like that case. At the time it just seemed massive. Lol