Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-04-2016, 08:20 PM

Default Fly-In Access

Hey just wondering if anyone out there has used fly-in access to hunt Alberta's backcountry, or may know someone or know where to look. I am new to hunting but am experienced in extended backcountry trips.
I am putting together an Elk trip for September but time off work is limited, so I would like to maximize hunting time and minimize time hiking in and (hopefully) packing out. Any area I get into I would like to get back in past 10-15 miles, hopefully thinning out some pressure this way.
I am looking into the Willmore Wilderness, but what research I've done shows this get's pretty crowded...would fly-in access even be legal here?...as with the Ya-Ha Tinda. Any knowledge as to whether the crowds thin out and the country opens up past 10-15 miles? I am open to suggestions and ideas. As said, I'm pretty new (bagged 2 deer my first season last year) so I've got a steep learning curve going on (I've read/researched nothing but since October!) I am also new to Alberta's backcountry, but I do have a BA degree in outdoor leadership and eduction, so being in the deep backwoods is not an issue for me. Feel free to private message me. Thanks!
1)Fly in Access, contacts, information?
2)Fly in access legal in Willmore?
3)Suggestions on where to go to get past pressure?