Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-22-2014, 12:44 PM

Default Hey Folks! Any advice on brands of trailers to buy or Run away from?

I need a bumper pull trailer with a ushaped dinette, and at Least 3 bunks in the back. I also am very keen to find one with the extra outside door that goes directly to the bathroom.
I have a 2012 Dodge dually diesel 4X to pull it, so I'm good on the weight issues. I have been looking at a few trailers, and getting very discouraged...a lot of them seem like junk. I miss the old days of Canadian made Prowlers and Okanagans !!
So far I have eliminated Cougars (cushions and table felt like it was built for little kids, and we're tall), Heartland freedom (felt like junk) and I Like a 2015 BHS Prowler, but the one slide doesn't work properly, and they tried to lie their way out of it...then they finally admitted it, and said it could be fixed After we did the deal, and it didn't give me a real warm feeling, ya know?? Any thoughts, ideas or opinions would be Greatly Appreciated!! We have camped all our life, and this trailer is because we now have grandchildren that don't fit in the camper

Last edited by Seenitall Onhorseback; 08-22-2014 at 12:46 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-22-2014, 12:52 PM

Default PS: Cold weather

We'd also like one that can handle to the cold (at least to an extent). We are familiar with winterizing etc...but I found an old thread on the net (of this forum) that addressed some of that. However, when I signed in, I couldn't find it again. I'm about clueless when it comes to computer things, but I am a very good shot, so there you go.
Old 08-22-2014, 03:58 PM

I know a guy tha picked up a trailer from Parkview RV in Wetaskiwin that said they were a lot better built than any other trailers they looked at, and they had 4 season ones as well. http://www.parkview-rv.com/
Old 08-22-2014, 04:26 PM

Stay away from gulfstream I have one and I have been disappointed since I bought it , it was a fifth wheel, I had siding redone due to hail, last yr an the piece the hooks up to the truck. (The overhang was fishplated on both sides where the 2x 6is were coulda used a 10 foot 2x6 but fish plated two 5 footers together....rv guy said it was ready to separate, stay away from Amish of Hutterite built trailers as buddy was at factory in states and can't believe how shotty the work is 8 trailers a day no qc.....research what u buy....
Old 08-22-2014, 04:48 PM
Gone Fishing

I have a 2013 Passport Ultra Lite Grand Touring, got it from ArrKann. Not a 4 season but works great for us in 3 seasons
Old 08-22-2014, 04:51 PM

Only bad thing you will hear about an arctic fox is they are heavy. To me that is well built quality though.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:45 PM

I'm glad you weighed in, I was wondering about Gulfstream, it seemed like the kind of brand a person could go with, but maybe that was back in the 80's in their heyday (Mine too, sniff, tear, blow nose)
I'm really glad this forum is here...I nearly fell for the "Outdoor Kitchen" cause I thought "Great, I'll have an extra fridge, won't need a cooler" then I found out the fridge only works if you are plugged in. Seriously? Reminds me of when I was loading up my gear one time, and a passer-by said "Where are you going" so I didn't feel like getting into it, so I said "Banff". She says "Where do you go to eat there?" haha
Old 08-22-2014, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
I know a guy tha picked up a trailer from Parkview RV in Wetaskiwin that said they were a lot better built than any other trailers they looked at, and they had 4 season ones as well. http://www.parkview-rv.com/
Good to know!
Old 08-22-2014, 09:37 PM

Good to know, Thanks!

Tags
advice, arctic fox, camping, reviews, trailers