Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-12-2013, 02:11 AM

Default Tobin Lake July Tournament

Just in case a few of you haven't got your July completely planned out, take a look at the Walleye tournament the Nipawin Hawks put on.

We fished in it last year and it was a blast. The fishing was as good as you could have possibly hoped for! The unique thing is that it is a main lake tournament. The river section is off limits (which suits me just fine!).

If you've never fished a Walleye tournament, it is a GREAT tournament to get your feet wet. It's also a great way to gt to know the lake a little better too! There were a lot of mixed teams and father/son teams last year.

Here's the link for anyone interested

http://www.nipawinhawks.sk.ca/page/s...e-championship

Hope to see you there!
Old 06-20-2013, 04:36 AM

Default Bump

The organizers are still looking for more boats to sign up. Spread the word to anyone who may be interested. It really is a GREAT event and personally I would really like to see the tournament continue in the upcoming years
Old 07-09-2013, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cundlk View Post
The organizers are still looking for more boats to sign up. Spread the word to anyone who may be interested. It really is a GREAT event and personally I would really like to see the tournament continue in the upcoming years
Do you know how many boats have signed up?
Old 07-12-2013, 01:42 PM

Whats the water like ???
Old 07-12-2013, 08:12 PM

heard today sand bags are 8' high infont of marine and the water is 4' up the burm....water is still rising
Old 07-12-2013, 09:22 PM
Banned

Default Twin Marine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramps73 View Post
heard today sand bags are 8' high infont of marine and the water is 4' up the burm....water is still rising
...is removing the sandbags and re-stocking the store. The water is dirty in the river but there was never any real threat. High turbidity, but it should be clean by Aug 9/10. According to a Facebook message I received this A.M.

Last Premier's, the water authority opened the spillway at the dam every morning for a week. Churned up the bottom pretty good.

The lake should be able to filter out the silt well before it gets too far into the pond. All systems a go!

Free
Old 07-12-2013, 09:24 PM

Thanks for the update Freedom, I will be heading there in August as well..
c u there
Old 07-13-2013, 07:18 AM

Water is still high and extremely dirty at Lloyd. Can't imagine there will be much of a turn out for the Tobin tourney with high water . Premiers should be good. Tobin is usually last minute entries as people watch water conditions and prefish BEFORE entering.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:10 PM

Wish I could make it... that lake has the top 5 walleye records for all of Saskatchewan....not to mention MONSTER pike!
Old 07-19-2013, 04:08 AM

Default Update

There ended up being 43 boats entered. The water level was a little below the average, but not much. The clarity was poor (8 to 10 inches in most areas).

The fishing was tough and most of the ones biting were under a pound, but a few boats managed to do okay. There were probably only 4 or 5 overs weighed in between the two days.

We actually managed to do well in the afternoon on the second day catching a few perfect unders and a handful in the slot. I wouldn't hesitate going back in another week. The fishing was getting better by the day. The pike were starting to bite too
Old 07-19-2013, 09:47 AM

ill have to put it on the calendar for next year, good starter tourny