Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 08-31-2015, 08:50 PM

Default Shooting Long Distances

Hey everyone, I am still new at archery and I have my 5 puns set from 20 to 60. I was just wondering what tricks or tips you have for shooting 70,80 and beyond (just for fun and practise)

Thanks all.
Old 08-31-2015, 09:26 PM

I just started doing it this summer and the trick was to just go out and try it. Used my bubble level for 70 and bottom of sight housing for 85 or something like that. Obviously take safety precautions of where you're shooting yadda yadda yadda. Go out, have fun, and learn. My first ever at 70 was 3 inches high of the x. I found staying consistent is tough at long range and practicing further out makes me way better at 40 and 50. That for me is the point in shooting further
Old 08-31-2015, 10:12 PM

Default Pin gap

Use the gap between the 50 and 60 yard pin as a mark, so you have to do a bit of estimation but imagine a pin with the same gap, do this by noting when you put your 60 pin on the target, note where your 50 pin is on the target or space above, then move your 60 pin to that spot, and you should be very close. did this at a shoot this year where I was the last "pin" guy in a contest with the movable pin guys on the line, ended up in the last three shooters with this meathod. Try it and see if this works for you.